Page 105 of 122 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    ...your hysteria breakdown... It stuck in your craw and it’s fine to admit if it was
    LOL.

I was pissed off when I read that insane post about killing people with fire arms by a police force.
    Where did I say ANYTHING about police?

Excuse me for questioning your mental space.
    Yeah, uh, fuck off.

What is there to say? It’s horrible, people shouldn’t behave that way
    Are you TRYING to sound indifferent? The point is THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME SOLUTION! People can't just keep doing shit like this.

but what’s getting anger ridden on a news forum for a goddamn music band online gonna really do to help your life?
    Are you giving me life advice now?

Did you know the victim?
    Would it change the way you talk about this to me if I did?

What if I knew people who had died from this? Or if I knew people who were trying to re-open a restaurant and had a crowd of people run in and scream at them, animatedly coughing because they required distancing and masks? What if I have other anecdotes?

Is this affecting your life personally?
    YES

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    LOL.
    I know it's a big LOL. This is why I rarely reply to people like you on here.

Where did I say ANYTHING about police?
    You said in the Trump thread that people who don't comply with face masks and other mandates and restrictions should be handled with lethal force. You might not have typed the word police but who executes mandates and enforces laws? Police. Here is your post - At this point, I want mask mandates, vaccine passports, and potentially lethal enforcement of those rules. This disease is going to kill us all if we don't stop these idiots from bravely telling us to fuck off because we can't do anything about it.

Yeah, uh, fuck off.
    Don't worry, I will. I'm not replying to you anymore after this.

Are you TRYING to sound indifferent? The point is THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME SOLUTION! People can't just keep doing shit like this.
    No, not really. I just don't wear my heart on my sleeve over EVERY SINGLE NEWS STORY. Though I do think it's a fool's errand to get this heated over reading news stories online. What solution is there? Prior to Covid there were/are laws for black market gun sales and drug usage (as pathetic as marijuna) yet people STILL do them all and don't get "punished" for it all. Where's the solution for that? Apples and oranges but when it comes to problem solving and law related consequences it won't always be there. Don't worry the web sleuths will probably find their identity and track down their social media websites and they'll be charged.

Are you giving me life advice now?
    No, just my own personal opinion. You know, something that I'm allowed to have for living in the same country as you. Even if I was, it's not like it matters anyways. It's not like I'm gonna convince you to act any differently haha.

Would it change the way you talk about this to me if I did?

What if I knew people who had died from this? Or if I knew people who were trying to re-open a restaurant and had a crowd of people run in and scream at them, animatedly coughing because they required distancing and masks? What if I have other anecdotes?
    Yeah, it would actually because it would have personally affected you on a deeper level. It would've been a sense of actual sorrow and compassion displayed because you had a personal connection. There's a difference between empathy in news stories and having a huge bleeding heart for everything you read if you're not personally affected by it. I doubt you lost sleep over the damage this country has done for the past 20 years in the Middle East. Again apples and oranges but same distinction with reading bad shit online.

Your stupid anecdotes rebuttal have zero to do with your news story. You don't live in Texas, so not sure how it affects you personally. It can affect you morally and emotionally but your life didn't change in any demonstrable way after it occurred. If it did, sorry to hear it.

YES
    Alright. Well I am a human and I do live in America so I guess it does affect me but not on a personal level where screaming into the void on a Nine Inch Nails music forum is gonna change anything about it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-19-2021 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Why would you utter the phrase “get the fuck over it” verbatim if it wasn’t in my reference to your hysteria breakdown over people’s behavior and Covid-19 in the Trump thread prior? It stuck in your craw and it’s fine to admit if it was, I was pissed off when I read that insane post about killing people with fire arms by a police force. Excuse me for questioning your mental space.

What is there to say? It’s horrible, people shouldn’t behave that way but what’s getting anger ridden on a news forum for a goddamn music band online gonna really do to help your life? Did you know the victim? Her family? Is this in your community? Is this affecting your life personally? I don’t get the point getting this fucking enraged is really. Every single Trump and Covid post from you is a melt down and blame game of people who are dogshit.
    I’m not sure what’s happened to you as of late (or a couple of the previously suspended folks who were never on my radar until a month ago) but it’s not a good look. I’m trying to be polite, there’s no sarcasm here. I’m trying to abide by what Levi and the other mods have asked of me. Of us. This isn’t an attack. I like you. I like @Jinsai.

But…are you really getting upset that a lot of us are sick of being directly affected by a horde of selfish mouth breathers? Those subhumans deserve our disdain at the very least. This IS impacting our lives and/or lives of people we care about deeply. I would implore you and @shade to find your empathy. This “Shit’s fucked so it is what it is” isn’t the right perspective.

I wear my heart on my sleeve too. Gladly. It’s who I am. Why do you think that’s bad?
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-19-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I’m not sure what’s happened to you as of late (or a couple of the previously suspended folks who were never on my radar until a month ago) but it’s not a good look. I’m trying to be polite, there’s no sarcasm here. I’m trying to abide by what Levi and the other mods have asked of me. Of us. This isn’t an attack. I like you. I like @Jinsai.

But…are you really getting upset that a lot of us are sick of being directly affected by a horde of selfish mouth breathers? Those subhumans deserve our disdain at the very least. This IS impacting our lives and/or lives of people we care about deeply. I would implore you and @shade to find your empathy. This “Shit’s fucked so it is what it is” isn’t the right perspective.

I wear my heart on my sleeve too. Gladly. It’s who I am. Why do you think that’s bad?
    Not a good look? That’s fine. I’m used to being a social outcast off the computer also so whatever. Might as well add here to list also.

I’m not upset over it to rage levels I see on here and other places but what can I personally do about it? I wore a mask at every place I visited last year and a good chunk of this year until the CDC lifted that declaration. I distanced, rarely went out and did everything I was requested to do. People were always around that didn’t. It’s no different now than in September 2020. Maybe my area isn’t as bad but nothing cataclysmic has happened in my area in regards to this pandemic.

I think it’s bad for the sole idea that everything you read on the news is negative. It’s put on default to negativity. You’d be in misery 24/7 if every single news story affected you like it truly should. The day they started touting death rate statistics like a score board on the news I checked out. It wasn’t about tragedy or personal safety anymore. It was sensationalism and ratings. They lied about Cuomo on the news and his brother capitulated to the asswipe every week on his show. That’s why reading Covid related news stories for outrage grate on me these days. It’s only adding fuel to the fire.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I can't tell if you don't realize that my anecdotes there are true, or if you're just being glib or something. If this virus hasn't impacted your work or personal life in any meaningful way, then you should consider yourself lucky. It's messed up some people I know and care about a lot more than it's messed up my world, but I can say one thing. If a vaccine passport got rolled out in a realistic way, it would help me and a lot of people I know get back to work at what we're good at. I would love to get back to doing live sound on a regular basis, I'd love for concerts to come back for other reasons unrelated to that...

But the people attacking health care workers with insane conspiracy theories, barking at people who just want a safe way to do their job... It would also carry the benefit of fighting the virus, so excuse me if this sort of thing pisses me off on a lot of levels.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It sounds like you’d rather not hear the truth of this pandemic because you don’t want to feel those feelings. Valid news sources aren’t sensationalizing by posting death tolls. They’re trying to convince these MAGA cultists and libertarian toddlers to do the right thing. The FDA approval was the latest goal post they shockingly moved.

In case I haven’t already said so, I think it’s way past time to mandate the vaccines. This needs to end unless you have a really real medical condition, and “MUH CO2 LEVULLS AND MAH HIPPO RITEZ” don’t count.

I’m friends with teachers, one of which quit her job she loved because our MAGA cultists in IN government have sent everyone back to school and she got COVID which then spread to her family. They’re all okay and she got a new job in a new field but that was the breaking point for her. I have family and friends in various medical field positions. My sister works someplace where she’s one of the few that give a shit about COVID and she’s narrowly avoided exposure. My nephew is going to school and now anytime he gets sick it’s a big fucking worry.

I bet if you think about it, you do know people that are affected and even if you really don’t, find your empathy, man.

Fuck these idiots holding out. They’re endangering everyone else and it’ll keep mutating. We’ll be doing this all the time. It’s got to stop.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-19-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I quoted Swykk here, but then I copied and quoted elsewhere. @Swykk - none of my negativity is directed at you - though I'm sure you're intelligent to know this.

It sounds like you’d rather not hear the truth of this pandemic because you don’t want to feel those feelings. Valid news sources aren’t sensationalizing by posting death tolls. They’re trying to convince these MAGA cultists and libertarian toddlers to do the right thing. The FDA approval was the latest goal post they shockingly moved.

In case I haven’t already said so, I think it’s way past time to mandate the vaccines. This needs to end unless you have a really real medical condition, and “MUH CO2 LEVULLS AND MAH HIPPO RITEZ” don’t count.

I’m friends with teachers, one of which quit her job she loved because our MAGA cultists in IN government have sent everyone back to school and she got COVID which then spread to her family. They’re all okay and she got a new job in a new field but that was the breaking point for her. I have family and friends in various medical field positions. My sister works someplace where she’s one of the few that give a shit about COVID and she’s narrowly avoided exposure. My nephew is going to school and now anytime he gets sick it’s a big fucking worry.

I bet if you think about it, you do know people that are affected and even if you really don’t, find your empathy, man.

Fuck these idiots holding out. They’re endangering everyone else and it’ll keep mutating. We’ll be doing this all the time. It’s got to stop.
    I haven't been able to hug my partner in TWO FUCKING YEARS because of this goddamn virus. Is it an overabundance of caution? No - because his fucking sisters are antivaxers and make things dangerous. My partner is the primary caretaker of their only living parent, and I'm a caretaker of my only living parent in the US. Combine our concern for said parents + the bullshittery of travel bans + covid tests + lack of flights it's a bunch of bullshit that could have been appeased months ago if people would just take a nice tall glass of shut-the-fuck-up and get their goddamn vaccination like people did in the late 70s.

I think it’s bad for the sole idea that everything you read on the news is negative. It’s put on default to negativity. You’d be in misery 24/7 if every single news story affected you like it truly should. The day they started touting death rate statistics like a score board on the news I checked out. It wasn’t about tragedy or personal safety anymore. It was sensationalism and ratings.

This is where I pull a big "Come, the fuck on....." No. None of this has ever been about sensationalism. JFC - look at the goddamn death rates. Because asshats were all about "ma freedom" they didn't get vaccinated, and the delta variant has spread like a forest fire - whereas if we didn't have this current of disinformation and bullshittery - everyone would have lined up for their jags in the late 70s just like they did for smallpox, mmr, polio, whooping cough and tetanus.

So YES, I am fully within my rights to be fucking outraged about this pandemic. And for those out there - I'm allowed to do it on a NIN forum. And if you don't like it, you can shuffle along to the next thread. I'm allowed to vent here... last I checked, this is in the general discussion area - so why are people wasting their precious air screaming into the wind of those of us venting in a specific area for us to vent?
    Last edited by Magnetic; 09-19-2021 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So, uh, get the fuck over it.

You have yet to actually talk about anything else related to the discussion about what to do when people violate safety protocols in an aggressive way, let alone beat people up because they tried to comply with them. Y'know, the entire rest of the part of my post that you ignored.
    Oh please, I can make a statement here how some stupid people violating safety precautions are idiots and how I'm not supporting it. I know this virus isn't a hoax.
    That won't change the fact that the last paragraph you added there was completely unnecessary because we all know the sole intent was to provoke certain people again. You are referring right back to that Trump thread. Don't act as if this was unintentional. The mods should actually see that too if they are pointing out there shouldn't be gasoline thrown onto a smoldering fire.

Should I add a provoking comment on how idiocracy (violating safety rules, preaching conspiracy theories about a vaccine and masks and what not) will be answered by a far greater idiocracy if we make use of the right to defend ourselves against these people?
    Cause sorry, that's just as much hillbilly Texan BS as these tourists walking into a restaurant causing havoc.
    Practice what you preach.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Oh, I'm absolutely okay with that, as well as each and everyone of you having an opinion here. And I get that certain people have been more affected by the Pandemic than others, see Magnetic for instance. And I hope they are coping and that things will get easier.
    I myself have been lucky enough to basically work 24/7 through this due to the field I'm in, and other than concerts being canceled I have not felt too bad about lockdowns - don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean I'm not dying for things to get back to normal. Though I doubt there will be a real normal anytime soon.

I am just not okay with people who can't at least tolerate a different opinion. And sadly, different opinions are rarely tolerated on this board. I get facepalmed for not liking a new Halsey record. Should I be offended now? I don't care. Deal with it.
    There has been a lot of side punching going on here lately and it's time people just accept not everyone will share your worldview.
    For instance, unlike you I'm absolutely against mandatory vaccination. And I'm still no Covid Conspiracy Theorist and got my shots months ago.

You can have a heated but respectful discussion with me, you can try to change my mind, but I get angry if one throws in these little provoking comments on the side and then runs off to moderators. Those previously suspended folks got an entire two week ban while other previously suspended folks were back within 24 hours.

I want a section on this board where an upfront discussion (without insults) is possible without moderators locking down the entire thing. I would engage more on here, but as of late I feel if you don't share certain opinions, you are not welcome.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Getting my second Pfizer shot on October 5. Can’t wait to get it out of the way and get some freedoms back down here. It’s so depressing.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    but I get angry if one throws in these little provoking comments on the side and then runs off to moderators.
    Hahaha.... Oh well, then you're angry at the wrong person. I'm not the one who hit "report" on my own post.

It's great that your working life hasn't been impacted by this virus. Lucky you. A lot of other people's has, and a vaccine passport would go a long way towards doing something about that. Also, I don't think the attack from the Texas tourists is due to them being hillbillies. It has more to do, in my opinion, that they come from a state where politicians are blasting the concept that all of this is personal choice, and any suggestion otherwise is a violation of that sacred power.
    And if you don't like the concept of exonerating self defense against people literally attacking you and trying to give you a deadly disease, tell me more about how your life hasn't been impacted in any way outside of how badly you want to go to a concert.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-20-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Maybe my area isn’t as bad but nothing cataclysmic has happened in my area in regards to this pandemic.
    This is a very narrow-minded viewpoint, and it's part of the reason we're still in this mess.

I wasn't exactly shocked by the lack of empathy and the inability to see past what's right in front of us that my fellow Americans have displayed since the pandemic started, but I guess I thought that, as the death toll has climbed and climbed, maybe enough people would snap out of it and do the work that needs to be done. Then again, I thought the same thing in regards to a lot of issues we faced before the pandemic. Empathy has become the enemy at this point. "It's not happening to me directly, so why should I give a fuck?" Shit, we're not all going to die from Covid at this point. We're going to die from isolationism and nationalism.

For instance, unlike you I'm absolutely against mandatory vaccination. And I'm still no Covid Conspiracy Theorist and got my shots months ago.
    So, as someone who did get their shots, what would you recommend we do to stop the waves of misinformation that are preventing a lot of people from getting vaccinated? If there's a better solution to the problem, I'm all ears.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 09-20-2021 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Pfizer says it's now good for younger kids. We're almost there....

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Well... that's one way to show the world that you don't understand what airborne means...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @shade Some things you simply don’t get to have an opinion on. You’re either right or wrong. Like science. Or civil rights. Or tyranny (attempted or successful).

You want to disagree on a movie or, using your example, Halsey’s new album? Cool but do so in a not so creepy or misogynistic way. Read the room.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-20-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If people choose not to get the vaccination, that's their right. But it's also the right of schools, employers, venues, etc. to not allow those people admittance/employment.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Also… what is up with this “why are you talking about serious issues… in such an angry way… on a board that’s supposed to be all fun and about a band that isn’t pissed about stuff at all!”

If you don’t want to hear people rant about politics, don’t click the fucking thread. Then again, yeah this shouldn’t even be political but that’s become sadly unavoidable

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    If people choose not to get the vaccination, that's their right. But it's also the right of schools, employers, venues, etc. to not allow those people admittance/employment.
    Agreed. But we need to add hospitals to that list. If you were fully capable of getting vaccinated and didn't "trust the science?" You don't get more science to save your ass. Go home and deal with it - it's "just the flu."

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Agreed. But we need to add hospitals to that list. If you were fully capable of getting vaccinated and didn't "trust the science?" You don't get more science to save your ass. Go home and deal with it - it's "just the flu."
    I feel really bad for doctors and nurses who have to care for people who refused to get the vaccine.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I feel really bad for doctors and nurses who have to care for people who refused to get the vaccine.
    When you hear people who work in the medical field talk about it, it sounds like some trial from god, like Job. That it just feels like special insufferable torture. People begging for the vaccine while being intubated who STILL don’t get how vaccines work. I can’t imagine what it’s like… to be a medical professional, utterly traumatized and exhausted by this point, have to overhear the “opinions” of people like Tucker Carlson and Nicki Minaj, and somehow keep it together

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Basic/Emergency medical care is a human right, regardless of whether anyone feels a person deserves it or not.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's great that your working life hasn't been impacted by this virus. Lucky you. A lot of other people's has, and a vaccine passport would go a long way towards doing something about that. Also, I don't think the attack from the Texas tourists is due to them being hillbillies. It has more to do, in my opinion, that they come from a state where politicians are blasting the concept that all of this is personal choice, and any suggestion otherwise is a violation of that sacred power.
    And if you don't like the concept of exonerating self defense against people literally attacking you and trying to give you a deadly disease, tell me more about how your life hasn't been impacted in any way outside of how badly you want to go to a concert.
    Yeah, indeed, lucky me. And as I said I am well aware that other people have been affected severely. By losing jobs. By losing people. Believe it or not, I know some.
    I still have the right to the opinion that vaccination should be a personal choice. You can educate people on it, you can advertise for it. But in the end, free choice.
    People literally attacking you triggers something called self-defense. That is a legal grey zone, depending on where your self-defense starts and where it ends.
    What you were suggesting in the other thread was a bit different from self-defense I dare say..

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell
    So, as someone who did get their shots, what would you recommend we do to stop the waves of misinformation that are preventing a lot of people from getting vaccinated? If there's a better solution to the problem, I'm all ears.
    There will always be people that you cannot reach. In the States. In Europe. Independent from politicians and agenda. Those are the ones you will never reach - neither with facts, nor money, nor anything. They are too far gone. But that's a small percentage.
    The flock of thoughtless sheep following them will reconsider when it starts to hurt, e.g. if you can't go to concerts or restaurants without a self-paid PCR test. But again, where do you draw the line? Perfectly healthy minors? People with certain autoimmune conditions? It is not that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by swykk
    Some things you simply don’t get to have an opinion on. You’re either right or wrong. Like science. Or civil rights. Or tyranny (attempted or successful).
    Interesting concept. Science is based on hypotheses. Hypotheses are accepted or rejected based on data. Data needs to get collected. Data needs to get revised. Also based on more science..
    Do you know how often the state of the art changes? How often critically acclaimed, published information on mRNA, cancer, viruses (and a whole lot of other things non-medical/biological) has been changed in past decades alone? Because we are still figuring out stuff every damn day.

Creepy I'll take as a compliment.
    Misogynistic, as I'm a woman.. sure. I'd die for staying at home, chained to a stove listening to my man tell me how to do shit right. at least they could always try.

But since I'm not getting to have an opinion here, I'm out and I'll let you have yours.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    That is a legal grey zone, depending on where your self-defense starts and where it ends.
    What you were suggesting in the other thread was a bit different from self-defense I dare say..
    That's why I clarified it clearly, and you facepalmed my clarification. And no, getting vaccinated or not is NOT a personal choice that doesn't impact others if you want to participate in society.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @shade I was speaking to how inappropriate that Halsey thread got before it got split and the suspensions happened. Not necessarily what you said specifically. Also, yes science changes. I’m still always going to choose it over unintelligent tinfoil hat turds eating horse paste and shitting themselves. Not getting vaccinated isn’t a personal choice. It’s a selfish and stupid choice that’s a danger to others.

Your answer seems to be there’s nothing we can do to reach people like you so that’s it. That’s not true.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-20-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Interesting concept. Science is based on hypotheses. Hypotheses are accepted or rejected based on data. Data needs to get collected. Data needs to get revised. Also based on more science..
    Do you know how often the state of the art changes? How often critically acclaimed, published information on mRNA, cancer, viruses (and a whole lot of other things non-medical/biological) has been changed in past decades alone? Because we are still figuring out stuff every damn day.
    Yah, you're not the only one with a background in science here.

There is a clear-cut delineation on science here, and you've got Andy-Yokel-Jokel who won't get the vaccine because he "doesn't trust the science" but he's trying to buy horse dewormer because he read on Qanon that it'll get rid of COVID.

We're not talking about the subtle nuances that occur through the scientific community as more data is collected, though I'm sure you could wax philosophical on that all night long - we're talking about ignorant people not getting vaccinated because of disinformation, which leads to hospitals being overcrowded and people who *do the right thing* are DYING because idiots are fueling the wrong side of science. And I'm talking about people who have cancer or car accidents, or emergency appendicitis - THOSE people are dying because the system is overwhelmed with assholes who are rejecting valid science.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Basic/Emergency medical care is a human right, regardless of whether anyone feels a person deserves it or not.
    Yes, and we do have that basic/emergency medical care for COVID - it's called a vaccine, and it's free in the USA.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    https://globalnews.ca/news/8203414/a...ards-covid-19/

Bravo. Just... bravo.

Time to chill with TNG tonight. It's time to shut the brain off.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    https://globalnews.ca/news/8203414/a...ards-covid-19/

Bravo. Just... bravo.

Time to chill with TNG tonight. It's time to shut the brain off.
    Honestly, this is why we need companies with secure databases to handle vaccine passport apps.... Google and Apple should suffice and step in to provide it. That's at least good enough. Amazon too, why not.

I'd go with Apple, but that's just out of convenience. Either way, if any of those companies can't handle a secure system of authentication, we've got bigger problems than vaccine verification.

While I'm here, this is some good frustration from someone who also seems to not know what we should do exactly, but at least is stressing we NEED to do something to stop this anti-vaccine aggression bullshit. And it's from April. So... I dunno, I guess I'll just "scream into the void" because I am not sure where else to scream.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01084-x
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-20-2021 at 06:34 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I know the whole world was in a rush to find a vaccine and to somewhat get things in order to handle covid - but the fact that we're still hand-writing in on the vaccinations cards still continues to boggle my mind. The DMV is more strict than this.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so now there's a story from Germany where someone shot a gas station attendant for asking him to wear a mask.