Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    feel better @chuckrh !

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    feel better @chuckrh !
    Thank you. Looks like it's going to be an ugly week. I just blew up my life with various doctor appointments, etc. Putting it back together is going to be hell but it can wait. I'm going back to bed. Feel worse than I did yesterday. Not bad enough to go to the hospital but the doctor gave me some parameters on that. I guess this was bound to happen at some point. At least I was on top of it. Woke up in the middle of the night Saturday not feeling well. Went back to sleep. When I woke up I was feeling worse so I did a home COVID test. Doctor says I did everything right.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So I guess I'm headed to the Gothic Theater in Denver on Thursday nite...where I will, fuck, HOPEFULLY not catch covid?

I have N95s.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I did a test this morning & it came back negative, yay! Still really weak but at least that hurdle is cleared.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I did a test this morning & it came back negative, yay! Still really weak but at least that hurdle is cleared.
    Great to hear! My wife and I finally tested negative last weekend and are pretty much symptom free now. The fatigue lingered for quite a few days after everything else cleared up.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hey ever'body! So we were gone for WAY longer than we planned, running around Denver, mostly unmasked.

We went to an amusement park, a rock show, two hotels...annnnnnd...fuck me!

We all tested negative! I don't understand HOW.

Maybe Freeky Jesus has my back

Anyway, yeah. I fully expected to get it, and just have my turn or whatever, but I somehow didn't.

I THINK I know the actual reason: I've evolved to the point that I can SEE the caronerviruses.
    They have mean little faces.

And I dodge those bitches like they're throwing stars. I did a lot of bobbing and weaving.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just tested positive for the second time and barely go anywhere.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    tested positive yesterday. I felt the symptoms coming on a day or two prior. probably from the various school activities over the past week- 8th grade field day, dance, graduation. it was bound to happen.

have a cough, nose a bit stuffy, and I have periods where I feel very tired. overall, it could be way worse, grateful I'm vaxxed + boosted.

I was prescribed Paxlovid. anyone here use that? I'm a bit iffy on taking it...I haven't started yet. I may today. concerned about the side effects + covid rebound.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Feel better @Erneuert and @versusreality !

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    tested positive yesterday. I felt the symptoms coming on a day or two prior. probably from the various school activities over the past week- 8th grade field day, dance, graduation. it was bound to happen.

have a cough, nose a bit stuffy, and I have periods where I feel very tired. overall, it could be way worse, grateful I'm vaxxed + boosted.

I was prescribed Paxlovid. anyone here use that? I'm a bit iffy on taking it...I haven't started yet. I may today. concerned about the side effects + covid rebound.
    ::looks for the red car with all the Bernie stickers parked on my block::

::delouses the entire thing::

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    ::looks for the red car with all the Bernie stickers parked on my block::

::delouses the entire thing::
    lol!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post

Just returned home yesterday from a big ed-tech conference in NOLA. Wife was with our two little ones for six days, solo. Everyone had to provide proof of vaccination or test negative. Felt a bit off today, tested, positive.

Feel like a total fuck for leaving, getting Covid, now potentially putting our two girls (2.5 years old and 9 months) at risk.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Just returned home yesterday from a big ed-tech conference in NOLA. Wife was with our two little ones for six days, solo. Everyone had to provide proof of vaccination or test negative. Felt a bit off today, tested, positive.

Feel like a total fuck for leaving, getting Covid, now potentially putting our two girls (2.5 years old and 9 months) at risk.
    Hope the girls don't get it & you recover soon. Hard or impossible explain to the little ones why they don't feel good.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well, today marks day 4 since I first saw my girls after returning from NOLA. Like fucking clockwork, my oldest is now congested, coughing, and lethargic. Gonna test tomorrow and am fully convinced she's going to be positive.

I fucking can't. So upset with myself.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    don't beat yourself up @the duder she could've gotten it from anywhere else eventually

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

this is... very ungood.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    don't beat yourself up @the duder she could've gotten it from anywhere else eventually
    Thanks, appreciate it. Got some more tests & she ended up being negative on both. Had a 3 hour nap yesterday and woke up miraculously fever and cough free. Still congested, but really dodged a bullet. Still masking in the house thru Monday (10 days from my positive) and hoping we're outta the woods.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's great news!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Thanks, appreciate it. Got some more tests & she ended up being negative on both. Had a 3 hour nap yesterday and woke up miraculously fever and cough free. Still congested, but really dodged a bullet. Still masking in the house thru Monday (10 days from my positive) and hoping we're outta the woods.
    A word of advise, based on my experience with me having Covid and trying to keep it away from my elderly Mom? Who quarantined in a separate ROOM. And a friend's son who got it and tried to keep it from his 18-month-old? (Who got it.)

Masks ain't it enough and staying separate ain't enough.

If you are able to stay somewhere else, do it. Even if it means getting a hotel room. That's the only true way to keep your kids safe from long Covid.

My friend's grandchild is still having respiratory symptoms, months after having Covid. If you don't want to risk it, stay in the basement or - best yet - go get a hotel room. Those return ducts in your house circulate everything.

One rapid test isn't enough. Typically, you have to wait a few days into being ill to take another test.

I really hope and pray your kids don't get it.

I know the feeling of agonizing over getting it and then someone you love getting it. We'd been super careful for over two years, and then the entire city acted like we're out of the woods. Even with me wearing a mask, nobody else at the United Center was, and they weren't checking for vaccines, anymore. And, then someone shook my hand. Boom, got it. Then it spread like freaking wildfire through my house, even with us acting like we had the PLAGUE.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-07-2022 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    When my wife was sick, we kept an air purifier in whatever room she was in...I think it helped. I don't think I got sick that I know of.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    When my wife was sick, we kept an air purifier in whatever room she was in...I think it helped. I don't think I got sick that I know of.
    That’s a great idea!

This new variant is scary, SUPER contagious, and worse with kids (per an expert I was just watching on TV).

I’m going back to DEFCON mode. Masking everywhere except outside, not socializing indoors. Curbside where possible.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I’m going back to DEFCON mode. Masking everywhere except outside, not socializing indoors. Curbside where possible.
    Very smart. Haven't really relaxed from masking up myself (except for visits with family who have been symptom-free and testing themselves every 48 hours). Considering cancelling my visit to Chicago for RiotFest in September, even though I'm desperate to see NIN and the other bands, and it's outdoors. I mean, what the hell else is coming in the next two months?

There's a glimpse of hope in that we're FINALLY starting to make a bit of progress in figuring out what the hell is going on with Long Covid (or 'post-acute Covid' as I heard a researcher describe it).
    Last edited by botley; 07-08-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    And my mother, who is 80, has had her 4 doses of the vaccine but is immunocompromised, tested positive for Covid today. She has mild symptoms, a bit of coughing and some loss of taste and smell but otherwise, she's in good enough health to bitch about having Covid. I'm going to have the hardest time to get her to stay in isolation for the recommended 10 days for people who are immuno (like she likes to say) as opposed to 5 days and a negative test for everyone else.

I test negative for now but I do have symptoms; headache, sore throat... I fully expect to test positive this weekend.

Such is life.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Really frustrated with how indifferent the Biden admin is with Covid now. Messaging is non-existent, and they really look like hypocrites for all the finger wagging they gave the Trump admin and now can't seem to be bothered to do the hard thing & act like this is a serious threat still. Really just a pathetic admin that literally can't do anything right. They passed the Covid bill, got us out of Afganistan and then just shit the bed on practically everything they tried to do or that has happened since.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Is there anyone that has tested positive for COVID in the past and got reinfected? My wife and I tested positive in November 2020, and I got hit pretty hard. She mostly had some horrible nasal blockage and fatigue. We've noticed a lot more people we know testing positive more, but ... it's been those who have yet to get infected.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well, in "people are stupid shits" news Biden has Covid and I'm either seeing "he's gonna die!" news or "President Harris, yuck!" news.

If the orange mussolini had covid and lived back when the medicine was nascent I'm pretty sure Biden's going to be OK.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Is there anyone that has tested positive for COVID in the past and got reinfected? My wife and I tested positive in November 2020, and I got hit pretty hard. She mostly had some horrible nasal blockage and fatigue. We've noticed a lot more people we know testing positive more, but ... it's been those who have yet to get infected.
    Yup, right here.

Tested positive about the same time as you in 2020, have since been vaxxed and boosted, then tested positive July 1 after traveling to a large ed tech conference in NOLA.

Mild symptoms this time, but it was markedly worse than my original positive test in 2020. Followed isolation and masking guidelines and luckily my wife and girls remained negative.

I'm in pretty good shape, and have gone back to my part time summer job as a beach lifeguard when I'm not doing my district office work. Still have a residual cough and congestion, though, but I'm able to make it through the beach patrol workouts.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I've known this to happen to a LOT of people, actually. The nasal blockage and fatigue is Omicron, totally.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yes, wife and I were sick in March of 2020 then she got sick again in Dec 2021.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I tested positive for the very first time today. Surprising I made it this far.

Last night sucked, it hit me like a ton of bricks.