Page 92 of 122 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Got my 2nd Moderna shot this morning. Waiting for the malaise to start, but ok dealing with it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Got my 1st Pfizer shot last Friday! Just had a sore arm.

Then on Saturday my boss emailed us that his wife tested positive for covid, but he and the kids tested negative, and now they have to quarantine for 10 days. Made it this far, and now covid is around the corner like god damnit, can I just get my second shot now? lol
    Wow, talk about the nick of time!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Got my second shot over two weeks ago. Was a bit run down the day after I got it, but other than that, no side effects. My boyfriend and I went out to eat for the first time in a long time this past weekend. I had a weird moment while we were waiting on our food: I realized that I missed the sound of a bustling restaurant! There were a lot of senior citizens at the restaurant too. I'm assuming they've either been vaccinated for a while or just don't give a shit at this point. Either way, it was nice to return to some form of normality. Sadly, this shit is not over yet, and it's probably going to be quite a while before it does end.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I'm in a position where I got my first shot of Astra-Zeneca back in march and will most likely receive Biontech/Pfizer as a second one. At least my vaccination card will be somewhat unique I guess...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    My boyfriend and I went out to eat for the first time in a long time this past weekend.
    Yeah, my husband and I went out to eat on Sunday INDOORS at a restaurant for the first time in over a year. The restaurant was nearly empty, but it was great.

A few other restaurants we attempted were really packed, though, mostly due to limited capacity. And a sudden rain shower outside, where people HAD been dining. Many people here are still preferring to eat outdoors (us included).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

No thank you, I'll just keep on keeping on if you don't mind.

Also there are places that will laminate your card for you. Please don't do this. I know it sounds good but what if you need another shot in a year? Have them make a copy of it and laminate that and then keep the original in a safe place.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    The place I got my shot gave me a little plastic slip cover for my card, which I thought was dope.

Weird how they hand-write it though, anyone could just write that they got the shot then. Why not a print out?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I got my name handwritten on it, but my doses are printout stickies.

I have felt like absolute ass since 10pm last night (12 hr post 2nd jab). Body aches, fever up to 102 with chills, caved at 11:30 and took two ibuprofen, and then proceeded to sweat all night. Today I'm living on the sofa with relentless headache and body aches. Thankfully it's a slow day at work.

I should say I'm ok with this. There's no doubt my body has set up a reaction to this, so there's that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I don't know how many are on the fence about the vaccines but I thought this was a really good thread:

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    US Will Impose New Ban on Travel from India, as Coronavirus Rages

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...onavirus-rages

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    this should have been done days ago. I still don't understand this... this isn't a joke. C'mon world. If you have an outbreak, QUARANTINE YOURSELF. Japan, QUARANTINE YOURSELF. Pretty much all of India, same thing. I swear... responding rationally to emergencies has been destroyed by the Trump administration's response to pretty much everything, and the support base he cultivated while doing it. We need to just responsibly say "hey, if there's a Covid outbreak in your country, you can't come here for a minute." It's not xenophobic, it's responsible.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Cases at a 7 month low here in the US. India still getting absolutely rocked atm. Biden admin stops playing footsy w/the notion of opening up the vaccine patents to the world & gives a pretty solid endorsement to the idea (could have went further but I'll take it for now).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "True COVID-19 death tolls is double the official numbers, study finds"
    https://www.axios.com/actual-covid-1...b64d9601e.html

That would put American deaths around 900K.

I believe it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Cases at a 7 month low here in the US. India still getting absolutely rocked atm. Biden admin stops playing footsy w/the notion of opening up the vaccine patents to the world & gives a pretty solid endorsement to the idea (could have went further but I'll take it for now).
    To be honest, the mRNA technology is easily adaptable. This is how you had two companies come up with the same vaccine in the same time frame, and they have almost the same efficacy. You could patent it, but someone just has to tweak the salt solution used or modify one step, and it circumvents that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I read a thread about the patent issue and it's not as simple as Pfizer or Moderna granting permission. A lot of the technology is being licensed from other patent holders, both related to the vaccine itself and the equipment that produces it. The patents are not the only issue and somehow waiving them away with a wand does not magically ramp production. I'll try to find the thread.

edit:
    Last edited by cdm; 05-07-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Oh, didn't realize that. That's a good quick explanation.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Got my first shot today. Feeling a little weird and a sore arm but otherwise alright. Been reading through the thread and now I'm worried I'm gonna be out of it for a couple days.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 05-09-2021 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Got my first shot today. Feeling a little weird and a sore are but otherwise alright. Been reading through the thread and now I'm worried I'm gonna be out of it for a couple days.
    Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones who get few after effects. Near as I can tell, the second jab is more of an issue. I did Moderna & that was the case for me. There were some extenuating circumstances though as I have to take a lot of fairly exotic meds all the time & they don't seem to mix well with vaccines, even the yearly flu shot. Take care & good luck!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Hopefully you'll be one of the lucky ones who get few after effects. Near as I can tell, the second jab is more of an issue. I did Moderna & that was the case for me. There were some extenuating circumstances though as I have to take a lot of fairly exotic meds all the time & they don't seem to mix well with vaccines, even the yearly flu shot. Take care & good luck!
    Thanks! Yeah I had Moderna also. I actually had some pretty intense dizziness and felt pretty out of it and was starting to worry it was going to get worse because it hadn't even been 12 hours yet. That lasted about an hour and seems to have subsided for now. Still sore arm and a bit of a headache but not too bad. I'm not on meds or anything but my body reacts strangely to the most random things.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I wonder how quickly this will disseminate to the states. My son is 15 and wants to get shot sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the amount of shots being administered is plummeting, which is so sad.
    hopefully, kids will get their shots.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean, if the available pool of people who need a shot is getting smaller then those numbers will get smaller as well. unless we're talking percentage points, then yeah those numbers falling is a bad thing.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I wonder how quickly this will disseminate to the states. My son is 15 and wants to get shot sooner rather than later.
    Boom.
    FDA authorizes Pfizer coronavirus vaccine for adolescents 12 to 15 years old

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Michigan just hit 55% of 16+ being vaccinated with at least one shot, so May 24th we'll officially be on Step 1 of 4 with getting vacc (back) to "normal" - every 5% we'll go up another step. It's probably gonna be a struggle to get to the goal of 70%, but I'm hopeful that can happen. Glad that our Governor is trying to do this the smart way instead of just saying fuck it and dropping all the mandates like so many other places seem to be.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    You can just walk up to a CVS now and get one, like an ordinary flu shot. You don't even have to wait in line really. Come on, let's do this!
    I have some friends who are just, for some reason, not doing it. Talked to one friend and he's pretty much like "ehhhh... nah, haven't gotten it. Dunno. Guess I'll have to at some point, if I want to travel out of the country or something..." and I just wasn't sure how to respond. When I tried to ask why he seemingly wasn't very enthusiastic about getting it, he says that he's been working long shitfts through the whole thing, and hasn't caught it.

I was about to say "fair enough, but..." and then decided there was no point. I could understand people being resistant when it was a huge PitA to get an appointment, but at this point, let's cut the shit. If you can get vaccinated, you should get vaccinated. I don't think we're going to get far trying to further explain how herd immunity works, we need to give people incentives, like a free month of Xbox Live or we'll upgrade your Hulu to have no ads. Free pre-roll joint w/ your next purchase.

Whatever it takes.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    My mom is waiting to get it, not because she doesn't think it works, but because she wants to see if there are any side effects. I guess I'll be her monkey.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't think we're going to get far trying to further explain how herd immunity works, we need to give people incentives, like a free month of Xbox Live or we'll upgrade your Hulu to have no ads. Free pre-roll joint w/ your next purchase.

Whatever it takes.
    A local bar just recently got a ton of people to get the shot by offering a free pint of beer afterwards. And a fuck ton of people signed up. Jesus christ how stupid is this country. But if it's working, then good lord turn the vaccine into the biggest dumbest marketing rollout of the year if you have to.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    A local bar just recently got a ton of people to get the shot by offering a free pint of beer afterwards.
    NJ is doing something similar: "Shot & A Beer" program. Get a vaccine dose in the month of May and you can take your card to participating breweries for a free pint. It started with ten craft breweries in the state participating and is now up to 38. Unless they somehow mark your card (which I would assume they are not) you could, in theory, get 38 free pints of beer. Due to state alcohol rules it is only open to those who received shots in May. Pretty cool that so many breweries are participating.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    this is an interesting take on getting a shot: