Page 110 of 122 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    COVID-19 has been discovered in a significant portion of the deer population in several states which were studied. Apparently the deer only have a mild reaction, but that is not the primary concern. The presence of significant COVID-19 in a non-human host is concerning. This provides a reservoir where the virus can mutate then transfer back to human with potential immunity to current vaccines. From what I gather the odds of this mutation happening are rather small. But it's still concerning, at least to me since I excel at worrying about stuff! Here are several of many references which are available:

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/newsroom/stakeholder-info/sa_by_date/sa-2021/sa-08/covid-deer

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...vid-19-2021-11

https://www.popsci.com/science/covid-spreading-in-deer/

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    COVID-19 has been discovered in a significant portion of the deer population in several states which were studied. Apparently the deer only have a mild reaction, but that is not the primary concern. The presence of significant COVID-19 in a non-human host is concerning. This provides a reservoir where the virus can mutate then transfer back to human with potential immunity to current vaccines. From what I gather the odds of this mutation happening are rather small. But it's still concerning, at least to me since I excel at worrying about stuff! Here are several of many references which are available:

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/newsroom/stakeholder-info/sa_by_date/sa-2021/sa-08/covid-deer

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...vid-19-2021-11

https://www.popsci.com/science/covid-spreading-in-deer/
    Oh, this is for sure a legit concern. It could very easily mutate again, and then jump back to humans. That was why Europe went apeshit when a mink farm got infected.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Content Warning: violence, language, Police Officers, cookies

Fucking pro-COVID fuckfaces

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    That one gave me a tension headache. Jiminey tap dancing christ!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Make them see the inside of a jail cell. So insane... they actually thought they were so "in the right" that they could actually hang out with video evidence of their assault and show it to the cops to vindicate themselves.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Content Warning: violence, language, Police Officers, cookies

Fucking pro-COVID fuckfaces
    I can not understand this situation. It is foolish on all sides. Why have people lost any sense of common decency?

If you disagree with masking, then simply do not mask. Don't go and intentionally make a scene! What is wrong with you? That is so incredibly and intentionally rude.

If you are a proprietor, and an isolated incident occurs with protocol noncompliance, shrug it off and allow life to go on. Zero tolerance is almost never an ideal solution, to anything, ever.

Humans are soft squishy imperfect bags of goo. We all have faults, and differences. But not all differences are faults. Was PLUR just some trendy one-way bullshit that was superseded by gross disrespect?

(end rant)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The anti-mask group is a hateful group that doesn't respect boundaries.

We shouldn't just "shrug it off", if you shrug off your boundaries repeatedly, you won't have any.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    If you disagree with masking, then simply do not mask.
    If it were only as simple as disagreeing. It isn't. And if you can't see that by now... I'm not sure anyone can help you.

Humans are soft squishy imperfect bags of goo. We all have faults, and differences. But not all differences are faults. Was PLUR just some trendy one-way bullshit that was superseded by gross disrespect? (end rant)
    That's a terrible attitude to take, as I see it. Yeah, people are fallible but that isn't the fucking point of that video.

Those two assholes decided and planned what they were going to do hoping to bully the owner into their version of the world.

PLUR only works if people agree to... and those fuckers obvious did not.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    mAnY sIdEs

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    ^ lmao at that video.

We just did one of the recently released (at least down here) DIY at home test kits. Wasn’t fun shoving that swab up my own nostrils. Cost $65.00 (5 pack) so our daughter can go back to school with proof of a negative result after a cold.

What a world we live in now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    my wife’s just tested positive for COVID-19 she was fully vaccinated.
    so fingers crossed i won’t get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm really thinking of that video where the shop owner was assaulted. It reminded me of a horrible video I saw from a police dash cam, where the officer pulling someone over (for a moving violation) is shot to death by some crazy guy. It's seriously a disturbing video, and it apparently is used in officer training classes to alarm new officers to situations where inaction and trying to be reasonable (with an unreasonable, aggressive, unstable person) is actually putting you in direct danger.

I don't know what she should have done in this situation. I would be really curious to hear a more informed breakdown/analysis. And I'm glad it ended well. It's incredibly satisfying to watch the attackers get arrested.
    But that could have gone SO much worse. These assholes thought they were justified in everything they did. That guy could have caved her skull in with the baseball bat after he ripped it out of her hands, all the while convinced that he would be vindicated.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm really thinking of that video where the shop owner was assaulted. It reminded me of a horrible video I saw from a police dash cam, where the officer pulling someone over (for a moving violation) is shot to death by some crazy guy. It's seriously a disturbing video, and it apparently is used in officer training classes to alarm new officers to situations where inaction and trying to be reasonable (with an unreasonable, aggressive, unstable person) is actually putting you in direct danger.

I don't know what she should have done in this situation. I would be really curious to hear a more informed breakdown/analysis. And I'm glad it ended well. It's incredibly satisfying to watch the attackers get arrested.
    But that could have gone SO much worse. These assholes thought they were justified in everything they did. That guy could have caved her skull in with the baseball bat after he ripped it out of her hands, all the while convinced that he would be vindicated.
    The sad news is probably not much. She didn't do anything illegal, but there's always a risk when you use any sort of weapon that your attacker can take it and do you more harm, which always makes pulling one risky.

She could have called the police instead of getting out the weapon, but (unless things are different from where I live) the police take hours to arrive when called, if they even do at all.

Realistically, she needed backup, but from what I could see in the video, it didn't look like she had any. She maybe could have swung the bat near the intruders as a warning, and not stopped swinging until they left, then immediately locked her doors, but it might not have worked either.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [parasite] View Post
    my wife’s just tested positive for COVID-19 she was fully vaccinated.
    so fingers crossed i won’t get it
    FWIW a friend of mine was vaccinated (pfizer) and got COVID. His wife didn't get it. Their doctor said there was a higher incidence of non-vax +COVID causing covid in vaxed people, than +vax to +vax transmission.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    FWIW a friend of mine was vaccinated (pfizer) and got COVID. His wife didn't get it. Their doctor said there was a higher incidence of non-vax +COVID causing covid in vaxed people, than +vax to +vax transmission.
    i’ve tested positive, we both had AstraZeneca jabs

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    The sad news is probably not much. She didn't do anything illegal, but there's always a risk when you use any sort of weapon that your attacker can take it and do you more harm, which always makes pulling one risky.

She could have called the police instead of getting out the weapon, but (unless things are different from where I live) the police take hours to arrive when called, if they even do at all.

Realistically, she needed backup, but from what I could see in the video, it didn't look like she had any. She maybe could have swung the bat near the intruders as a warning, and not stopped swinging until they left, then immediately locked her doors, but it might not have worked either.
    This is all true, and infuriating. I don't know how she's feeling right now. If I were her, I'd probably just be thinking "fuck this" and close shop. These times have already been REALLY hard for small independent stores to get by. What, now she has to worry about retaliation from the anti-mask crowd since this video is going viral? She is almost certainly traumatized. I'd be anxious af constantly.

These are strange days, and we need some special repercussions for this sort of thing. People need to know that if you do anything even REMOTELY like this, sorry, you're going to jail for decades, and the business you molested is going to be funded with whatever money you have.

Meanwhile, I watch that video, and I just see something like the part in The Shining where Jack Nicholson makes crazy faces and stalks his wife up the stairs telling her to give him the bat. What's she supposed to do? She's trapped.

EDIT: Also, it's early, I'm just getting up... but this statute the guy is name-dropping... am I reading this right? This is insane. This implies nothing along the lines of what he's suggesting. On the contrary...
    https://www.justice.gov/crt/conspiracy-against-rights
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-09-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Wishing everyone in your house a speedy recovery!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Wishing everyone in your house a speedy recovery!
    thank you lots

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

here's hoping you both bounce back quickly.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    here's hoping you both bounce back quickly.
    thank you

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    EDIT: Also, it's early, I'm just getting up... but this statute the guy is name-dropping... am I reading this right? This is insane. This implies nothing along the lines of what he's suggesting. On the contrary...
    https://www.justice.gov/crt/conspiracy-against-rights
    They don’t actually READ or COMPREHEND statutes; they just memorize the number.

The store owner was totally correct from all legal standpoints: She had the right to demand that all patrons wear masks, not ONLY due to the current statute demanding same, but also due to her own attire policy in a private business. “Open to the public” DOES NOT MEAN “public” like a “public building” where taxpayers contribute to its ownership and operation and it’s OWNED AND OPERATED BY THE GOVERNMENT; her company is owned and operated by a private citizen. Even companies “publicly traded” on the open market are not “public” - they are private companies selling stocks. These people are idiots.

The owner had the right to tell them that they were trespassing. 100%.

She asks them to leave, several times. They refuse to listen. They argue with her. They cite a bullshit obscure law they know she isn’t going to go Google. She obviously just prefers them to just mask up or leave. They just want to cause trouble.

They are ARRESTED because they admit to the cops that it’s premeditated; they “heard” about this place and went there TO CAUSE TROUBLE. They were not going to settle for anything less.

She absolutely had the right to use a bat to try to get them to leave; she wasn’t swinging it at them, she asked them many times, they didn’t listen, and given the assaults on other business owners in this climate, she could provide a credible fear for her life. She also likely knew that a call to the police might not receive a timely response.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-09-2021 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ah, that sucks. Hope it's mild and goes away quickly.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Ah, that sucks. Hope it's mild and goes away quickly.
    thank you, luckily it just feels like we have the flu

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I was just looking into if there was a way to donate or support the business that got attacked, Crumb Together, and if anyone wants some small thing to brighten their day, they have been overwhelmed with positive support to the point where they can no longer take any orders at the moment. Also, the owner decided to take down the Paypal donation banner from their website after they felt it had pretty much immediately reached a point where they didn't feel right asking for anything.

This is an awesome business, and the world isn't always a horrible place.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-09-2021 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I had to go to a wedding on Saturday. Turned out was a real redneck affair. The groom's side is a bunch of Trump loving anti vaxxers. Only 2 people including me were wearing masks. I only stayed a short time after the ceremony to play with my little kid friends & got out. To top it off, it was a 2 hour drive each way during a deluge, real white knuckle stuff. Yesterday I started feeling real crappy beyond the usual crappy. I'm shutting in. If I don't start feeling better I'll go get tested. Now I remember why I'm allergic to weddings!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    "an old man
    was anti-vaccine
    He threw a big stupid rally
    then caught COVID 19
    Now he can't attend
    Cuz he's in quarantine
    Whining on Twitter
    and taking Ivermectine
    and isn't it ironic..."
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-10-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I just got the Moderna booster a couple hours ago.

My first two doses were Pfizer but I wanted to do Moderna for the booster because it is supposed to be better against the variants. We will see if that was a good or bad idea.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Nothing we don't already know (and if you don't know how a vaccine works within our bodies, well... here you go) but the animation is very nice.

[edit: oh so they don't let the video be embedded... well, click it anyways]
    Last edited by MrLobster; 11-13-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I just got the Moderna booster a couple hours ago.

My first two doses were Pfizer but I wanted to do Moderna for the booster because it is supposed to be better against the variants. We will see if that was a good or bad idea.
    I did the same thing... Got the Moderna booster a couple days ago. Spent most of Thanksgiving in bed or puking. Feeling ok today