Page 90 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I saw this article about Putin and how he doesn't want to talk about his vaccination.
    It made me think that it would be terrifying to work for him, thinking every day "is this the day I commit suicide by jumping out a window with two bullet holes in the back of my head?" I mean, how else other than a leak is something like this in the news? This man lives on making people think he's top dog and he does this in hiding, that's weird.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    On Monday, FL is lowering the eligibility to 40+, and the following Monday it's 18+.
    So I have a week to get my vaccination before having contend with the rest of the adult population. No pressure.

I'm pre-registered with two counties, but I haven't been assigned a case number. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    On Monday, FL is lowering the eligibility to 40+, and the following Monday it's 18+.
    So I have a week to get my vaccination before having contend with the rest of the adult population. No pressure.

I'm pre-registered with two counties, but I haven't been assigned a case number. Fingers crossed.
    Are there any Twitter-based bot resources for your area in Florida? I set up notifications on my phone and bookmarked the registration link on a desktop...I was able to get appointments for family / friends who aren't able to sit in front of a computer all day for work like I do. I can share some tips that were helpful for me but ultimately YMMV depending on the system near you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I only have findashot.org bookmarked.

I'm pre-registered with Sarasota Co, and they've been pretty efficient.
    I registered on 3/15 when it opened up for 18+ pre-registration, and a news article said only 17K signed up in the first day. In theory, that means I should be high up in the queue....but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I just can't frickin' wait....give it to me!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    my mom's first shot was scheduled for 3/31, but it was able to get moved up to tomorrow with a J&J one. my dad is fully vaccinated. my 2nd shot is 4/10.

waiting for my sister to get eligible, and that will be all of us in the family taken care of.

trying to get my gf to get registered too.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm scheduled for my 1st shot this coming Monday at 10am!! I'm in shock. The county I live in does a random pool selection for eligible people. I almost feel like crying.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    FUCK YEAH! Congrats! Shots shots shots shots shots

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'm scheduled for my 1st shot this coming Monday at 10am!! I'm in shock. The county I live in does a random pool selection for eligible people. I almost feel like crying.
    Glad you are finally getting taken care of. In Washington the governor is saying that there will be no restrictions on who gets the vaccine on May 1. I'm glad I'm getting taken care of before the rush.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Got my moderna shot yesterday morning. Last night my lower lip started to swell up. I've never had fillers, so not sure what's going on there. This morning it looks like I had a lower lip filler - you wouldn't know my lip was swollen just by looking at me, it's that minor.

I can't get info as to whether or not this is considered an "allergic" reaction because it was 11 hours after my shot. Got a call in with the Dr to see if I'm at risk for anaphylaxis for the 2nd shot in four weeks. It's kinda sad, but I'm willing to take that risk if need be.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The second dose of Moderna knocked me on my ass. A night's worth of 100.3 temp and fever dreams, pounding headache, general aches. No chills or sweats, thankfully. Got better as today went on but I'm still really tired. Highly recommend planning an off day following dose #2, if at all possible.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    New York now allowing people over 30 years old to get vaccinated. FINALLY! Now to book an appointment (if I can, haha) !

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Honestly, I know it’s going to be worth it but I’ve had a rough last few days—insomnia, my throat swelled up over the weekend then righted itself on Monday, extreme fatigue which is fun when you can’t sleep, joints are achier than usual, headaches, upset stomach, runny nose, chills and some congestion. No fever though.

I know this was dumb now but I got real concerned on Sunday that I went and got a COVID test which of course was negative, thankfully.

This was just after the first shot. I felt okay until last Thursday night (I got the first dose last Tuesday morning).

I am having some serious anxiety about that second dose now but of course I’m still going to do it. Just a lot more worried now.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Wow. When is your 2nd shot?
    Suddenly my swollen lower lip isn't that big of a deal.

I would definitely tell them when you get your 2nd dose that you need to be monitored for longer than 15 min.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    April 23

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Honestly, I know it’s going to be worth it but I’ve had a rough last few days—insomnia, my throat swelled up over the weekend then righted itself on Monday, extreme fatigue which is fun when you can’t sleep, joints are achier than usual, headaches, upset stomach, runny nose, chills and some congestion. No fever though.

I know this was dumb now but I got real concerned on Sunday that I went and got a COVID test which of course was negative, thankfully.

This was just after the first shot. I felt okay until last Thursday night (I got the first dose last Tuesday morning).

I am having some serious anxiety about that second dose now but of course I’m still going to do it. Just a lot more worried now.
    The nurse specifically asked if I experienced throat swelling / difficulty breathing when I sat down for the second shot. Also asked about rash or hives. Definitely ask your doctor about it before going for the second but also mention it to the nurse if they don't ask. The lines of questioning seemed like part of the standard questionnaire but I suppose that may vary from state to state.

Edit: Following up on my second shot...feeling pretty much normal a day and a halfish after second shot.
    Last edited by cdm; 03-31-2021 at 08:16 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Got my first shot a few hours ago, before work. I work for a major hardware store, and as we sell disaster relief, building supplies, and food, we are an essential business. No pre existing conditions and I'm 37. I have an allergy to penicillin, but I'm not growing a third arm or picking up 5g waves with my brain yet.

Thankful this nightmare is almost over, although I'm going to keep wearing a mask in public as I haven't even gotten so much as a cold the last year.

edit: a third arm wouldn't be so bad, come to think of it....
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 04-05-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    so I'm 3 weeks and a couple days since my first shot..does anyone else notice the injection spot is taking a while to heal? not in terms of pain, but it looks like a scrap or something trying to heal, at least for me. not exactly scabbing, but some really minor scabbing.

anyway, I'm not trying to worry about it, but it is concerning to a small degree. my 2nd shot is a week from today and I hope it's fully healed by then.

finally announced that all adults in NJ are eligible 2 weeks from today. so excited that my girlfriend can finally get her shot. our 5 year anniversary is the day after I get my 2nd, and we are planning to do something like indoor skydiving for our anniversary, but both want to be fully vaccinated.

we're really looking forward to going to a Broadway play hopefully at the end of summer!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Covid arm is a thing, from what I hear. I could be a good immune response. Maybe ask your doctor about it?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    we're really looking forward to going to a Broadway play hopefully at the end of summer!
    I just want to be able to eat in a restaurant and get my hair cut, it's been well over a year at this point.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Covid arm is a thing, from what I hear. I could be a good immune response. Maybe ask your doctor about it?
    Yeah, I'm at the awkward point where I'm looking for a new doctor. My main doctor I used to go to retired, the other doctor I'd see moved! Going to keep monitoring this. Maybe I'll use my other arm next time, especially if this one isn't fully healed by then...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Illinois bar linked to 46 covid cases

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/illino...ry?id=76884061

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got my second Pfizer shot on Friday. Had some fatigue and the chills off and on all day Saturday but no biggie. Feels fucking good. My sister had her first shot yesterday, my wife gets her second this Friday. Tons of my friends are getting theirs, parents/in-laws are fully vaxxed, I might actually be able to hang out with other human beings this summer.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 04-12-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    going for my 2nd shot in about an hour. my sister is going for the J&J today. my gf's mom went for shot 1 of Pfizer last week, and my gf is eligible next week.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's some scary stuff

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My grandma tested positive this weekend. She got her first dose of the moderna vaccine about 3 weeks ago.

They say that the vaccines are supposed to be 100% effective at stopping hospitalizations and deaths, but when her symptoms started, she stopped taking her insulin. And she was already fighting an unrelated infection.

She's now been about 5 days without her insulin, fighting covid another infection.

She's also said she doesn't want a respirator, if it comes to that, and she also doesn't want to be shocked back if her heart stops.

She's in the hospital today, because my aunt insisted she go. The lack of insulin has her confused and disoriented too.

I don't think she's going to make it, and I think she's decided she's had enough and is ready to go. She's almost 90 now. I'm going to miss her.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'm sorry to hear that @eskimo :-(

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    @eskimo I'm sorry that's happening.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That stinks. She sounds tough and tired, I'm sorry.