Page 96 of 122 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Not something you want to hear AFTER you've mixed your vaccines.

World Health Organization: Mixing COVID-19 vaccines a ‘dangerous trend,’ WHO chief scientist says.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8021692/m...ous-trend-who/

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Really? Wow. Like, flu kind of symptoms? Shingles really sucks so, yeah.

I think the most surprising thing about getting sick after the TDAP vaccine (swollen lymph nodes, really achy, severe fatigue, dizzy, no appetite, etc.) is that nobody told me there would BE any side effects. I thought I might be sick from something else, maybe even Covid. It wasn’t until I consulted Dr. Google that I found out why I felt so shitty.
    Yes, the after effects were like a really bad flu. My immune system is compromised (which brought on the shingles in the first place) so even the yearly flu shot makes me feel a little ill. I know a few other people that had some trouble with the shingles vaccine but again it beats getting shingles!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Not something you want to hear AFTER you've mixed your vaccines.

World Health Organization: Mixing COVID-19 vaccines a ‘dangerous trend,’ WHO chief scientist says.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8021692/m...ous-trend-who/
    I think they're saying dangerous because it lets open the gates for people who want 3rd or 4th boosters. From a public health side of things, it's dangerous. If you read through the article, they say there isn't anything inherently dangerous about receiving two different doses.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Can you imagine if this happened in America?

"South Korean capital bans fast workout music in gyms as Covid measure"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/13/asia/...cli/index.html

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I think they're saying dangerous because it lets open the gates for people who want 3rd or 4th boosters. From a public health side of things, it's dangerous. If you read through the article, they say there isn't anything inherently dangerous about receiving two different doses.
    It's been updated since this morning.

Sounds like Reuters bungled this whole thing up.

More on the confusion and some clarification + extra.

Last edited by thelastdisciple; 07-13-2021 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "Tokyo Olympics: Athletes Will Have to Put On Their Own Medals at This Year's Olympic Games" Well this is gonna be weird...

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/14/10159...-olympic-games

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the Olympics should be cancelled. the virus is out of control everywhere.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    the Olympics should be cancelled. the virus is out of control everywhere.
    I can't be the only person here who has seen AKIRA. It's almost like it was a warning for the Olympics not to be held in Tokyo.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    " "If anybody is lying, senator, it is you," Fauci tells Rand Paul in heated exchange at at senate hearing" I just want everyone to get into one big old fist fight, lol

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/if-a...e-hearing.html

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    I can't be the only person here who has seen AKIRA. It's almost like it was a warning for the Olympics not to be held in Tokyo.
    Yeah, the other thing it reminds me of is the 1986 May Day parades held outdoors in cities all across the USSR, with tens of thousands of people inhaling the air just a few hundred kilometers away from where Chernobyl had just exploded five days before, and was still leaking radioactive ash...

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I’m reminded of World War II and the conditions they went through then. And the dark ages during the bubonic and pneumonic plague with little to no medicine at the time, yet they survived through that with hardly any supplies. Look where we are and how it’s being treated.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    " "If anybody is lying, senator, it is you," Fauci tells Rand Paul in heated exchange at at senate hearing" I just want everyone to get into one big old fist fight, lol

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/if-a...e-hearing.html
    Oh wow, that was so satisfying. I didn't know it, but I needed this so bad.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...cination-covid

Eric Clapton refuses to play venues that require proof of vaccination
    Clapton says he won’t perform for a ‘discriminated audience’ after vaccination passports made mandatory for clubs and venues this autumn

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    douche

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    just another one from the peace and love generation not living up to his word.

good. you don't need to tour anymore Clapton anyway.

I'll stand by what I said last March to an anti-maskers/vaxxers: I thank you for your mask-less volunteering you did in the hospitals, it is greatly appreciated.

oh wait...you didn't voulenteer? they wouldn't let you in without a mask? gee, I wonder why...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    just another one from the peace and love generation not living up to his word.
    Clapton was ALWAYS a racist dick.

These anti-vax and anti-mask people aren't exclusively Republicans or Q nuts. There are a ton of younger "Invincibles" and "IDGAFs" in there, too, from both and no parties.

A lot of them also just don't trust the government.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-22-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    This might be off topic, but I feel vindicated in always hating Eric Clapton's music.
    It's moments like this where my curmudgeonly bullshit makes me feel all cozy

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I'm so fucking angry after watching this.........

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I’m reminded of World War II and the conditions they went through then. And the dark ages during the bubonic and pneumonic plague with little to no medicine at the time, yet they survived through that with hardly any supplies. Look where we are and how it’s being treated.
    Well speak of the devil.

10 year old girl dies in Colorado of the plague: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/1...olorado-2021-7

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

These anti-vax and anti-mask people aren't exclusively Republicans or Q nuts. There are a ton of younger "Invincibles" and "IDGAFs" in there, too, from both and no parties.

A lot of them also just don't trust the government.
    not to mention young people who are hesitant. my gf and I were catching up with her side of the family. she has a cousin in her mid 20's and another who's 18. neither of them have gotten the vaccine. we discussed with them that we did both shots, were perfectly fine, and strongly recommend that they do the same. "but, you hear about that crazy stuff on the news, the crazy reactions" one of them said. "not really. besides, we just said we were perfectly fine" . I said. my girlfriend went even further: "as black people, we are more vulnerable. we need to stop being hesitant. I did it, my mom did it, and your grandparents did it. we are all fine. " they weren't convinced.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Honestly, I'm done trying to convince people to get vaccinated or do what they can to avoid getting sick. I know I shouldn't be because of those who are still vulnerable and can't get vaccinated, but we've reached a point where some people just aren't going to listen. It's like trying to get people on a lifeboat on the goddamn Titanic at this point. You either do what you can to survive, or you go down with the ship. Reading about people who are dying from it and the horror in their eyes as they realize how much they fucked up breaks my heart. It's gotten to the point where I can't read articles or watch news stories about it. It's just too much for me to subject myself to day in and day out. Unfortunately, the willful ignorance of people is not something that is going to magically disappear just because COVID is now a part of our lives. At the end of the day, you have to choose to row away before you get pulled down with the rest of the idiots. None of this is easy. It's maddening, in fact, but we're in the fight of our lives at this point, and we have to survive by any means necessary. We simply can't save everyone, especially those who don't want to be saved.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    There is one thing I can't wrap my head around, though. I looked up the definition of "gain of function."
    Rand Paul, for all his douchebaggery, DID present papers that SURE seemed to describe "gain of function" going on in Wuhan.

Paul said cited a report that stated that a scientist at the Wuhan lab took an animal virus, and altered so that it would be transmissible to humans, which is the NASTIEST kind of "gain of function." He asked Dr Fauci if what he, Paul, was presenting, described "gain of function," and Faucci said NO.
    I waited for the good Dr to elaborate. I thought that, SURELY, I was missing something, and Faucci would break it down. But, he just started hollering, instead.

Oh, and, keep in mind: the NIH was giving GRANTS to this lab.

I am confuse.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ultimately, lab or not, we as humans need to stop fucking around with animals the way we do. they're the cause of all types of outbreaks throughout history. we haven't learned anything.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Um...? I don't see what any of this has to do with racism?

I'm not a fan of Clapton's as a person and what he's going on about with vaccinations and Covid I consider to be actually very dangerous and stupid. BUT I understand him always being very open about his (black) idols and influences in Blues rock, other than most of his white contemporaries. He'd champion them any chance he got, was friends with BB King, etc. I don't see what's racist about that...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Oh, and, keep in mind: the NIH was giving GRANTS to this lab.
    Giving grants doesn't equal responsibility for the pandemic, which is what morons like Rand Paul are trying to claim so they can get some sort of petty revenge for all the lockdowns and mask wearing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Um...? I don't see what any of this has to do with racism?
    Being “friends with” black people doesn’t undo his history of racist ignorance. That was his primary offense as a dick. “Once a dick, always a dick.” He says he’s sorry, but he really just never learns. The biggest number of Covid victims are minorities.

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandp...ethnic-groups/

https://www.the-sun.com/news/3327970...llegedly-made/

Last edited by allegro; 07-25-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    There is one thing I can't wrap my head around, though. I looked up the definition of "gain of function."
    Rand Paul, for all his douchebaggery, DID present papers that SURE seemed to describe "gain of function" going on in Wuhan.
    Rand Paul is creating a circus sideshow.

Read this:
    https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/th...-disagreement/

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Anyone read about the complete fucking fools doing a “lockdown protest” in the streets of Sydney a day or two ago? - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-57960044.amp

And this is supposed to rectify things… how exactly?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I read a pretty good article in Vanity Fair about the lab and disinformation...you guys might check it out.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-fight-to-uncover-covid-19s-origins

The pollicization of the vaccine just completely blows my mind. It should be taken like any other vaccine. You obviously shouldn't do it if your doctor recommends not to, but other than that everyone should get it. The long term effects of Covid are already bad, and we've had family members who are already having lingering issues. I just don't get the pushback.