Page 86 of 122 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My mom registered to be on the list for appointments tomorrow and Friday. Fingers crossed.

She received her first Moderna shot today (1/21). We were worried because she's had anaphylaxis twice in her life, but so far so good. She is complaining she feels crappy, but nothing major.
    Last edited by Magnetic; 01-21-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this is going to be terrible for the country.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^ omg. Ugh, that's terrible. No Olympics is going to bad for all of those athletes, this is so sad.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    This is disgusting.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Riots break out in the Netherlands due to new covid restrictions

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...clash-with-pol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I guess it's a matter of understanding. Not just understanding the situation but also being understanding that there are certain things that you have to do to get to a "new normal". Eventually we'll be on top of this but right now?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Going to make getting tested at CVS real awkward.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Nah, they just nasty

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So... Oklahoma...

"In addition to complying with any labeling requirements imposed
    by this title, any designer or manufacturer of a vaccine shall
    notify distributors, retailers, and health care providers if the
    vaccine contains human parts, animal parts, metals in any quantity,
    tracking devices, or any DNA-altering properties." (source)

Awwww, only self-reporting... Come on! I want to see their tests for tracking devices in vaccines...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    My shoulder after the first shot was sore, but it was flu-shot sore so no biggie. The second one? Wow, now I get why she asked if I was right- or left-handed because holy cow. It's a tough ache. Not terrible but you definitely feel it, even when you're not moving. But when you move it?

I have an exercise band that is going to get some use today to keep it from getting too stiff.
    It's great that you got it though, and I'm jealous there ;0

but really, if the worst of your symptoms are a strong pain in your arm for a few days, I say that's good.
    My mom is about to take the vaccine, and she's in her 70s and has responded badly to the last time she's taken a flu vaccine. I'm genuinely freaking out about how this is going to go.
    I hope it's just that her arm aches for a bit.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Several municipalities have been monitoring sewage for covid viral loads and it has been a good indicator to the activity on the macro scale, especially when there is a lack of testing. Boston is one such, see below. Interesting socioeconomic indicators apparent when comparing the north / south graphs...

https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

but really, if the worst of your symptoms are a strong pain in your arm for a few days, I say that's good.
    My mom is about to take the vaccine, and she's in her 70s and has responded badly to the last time she's taken a flu vaccine. I'm genuinely freaking out about how this is going to go.
    oh wow, hope it goes well for her. They make you wait for 15 minutes to make sure you're ok so be sure she knows to tell them if anything happens while she's still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Several municipalities have been monitoring sewage for covid viral loads and it has been a good indicator to the activity on the macro scale, especially when there is a lack of testing. Boston is one such, see below. Interesting socioeconomic indicators apparent when comparing the north / south graphs...

https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm
    Isn't that how they determined it was in Europe sooner than they first believed? Crazy shit man.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post

My mom got her first moderna shot last Thursday. She's had anaphylaxis twice due to other meds, but was ok with this. Her arm was sore, and then there was a knot in her neck on the side she got the injection - it was sore enough that she had a heat pad on it for two days. She had aches, and generally felt crappy. It was 2-3 days. She's not looking forward to the 2nd one, but it is what it is.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Isn't that how they determined it was in Europe sooner than they first believed? Crazy shit man.

Literally!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Missouri state GOP lawmaker facing charges for selling fake COVID-19 'cure'

can we just start launching random members of the Republican party into the sun? I feel like the guilty/innocent odds are pretty heavily stacked on the guilty side right now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

This...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Lots of talk in the UK about having the ability to go on foreign holidays again, what??? Who is thinking about this right now, I LOVE going on holiday but let’s just get the country back to normal again first

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'm signed up for Washington state's "find your phase" program now. Not quite to the level to get the vaccine but if I'm reading it right, I'm in the next sub-tier. Am hoping to get first shot around the end of the month. I'll be notified when my group is up. It's a bit tricky because I have to work around chemo treatments. My doc has given me the parameters on that. I may have to skip or delay some chemo. It will be added pain but needs to be done.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Nice.

I'm in Ontario, Canada and I've been told that I'll qualify for it in Stage 2 of the rollout, which is supposed to run from March - June, I believe.

I am so excited. I did a little happy dance when it was confirmed next week.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    My Mom will be 83 in May.

I have her enrolled in the programs through the State of Illinois, Cook County, Walgreens, CVS, Mariano’s, and her primary healthcare provider.

ALL of them are telling me that she qualifies under Phase 1B, but none of them have appointments available for anyone because there are no vaccines available.

And they don’t know when there will be vaccines available.

So, we keep her locked in her apartment, where’s she’s been since March 17th.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    20% of the population where I live (Wales) have been vaccinated now

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    NYC opening up 10% of sports arenas with over 10,000 capacity.

not sure how I feel about that. especially with variants rising and not enough vaccinated yet.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    NYC is going to allow 25% capacity for in-door dining for restaurants

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    NYC opening up 10% of sports arenas with over 10,000 capacity.

not sure how I feel about that. especially with variants rising and not enough vaccinated yet.
    I think it's a bad idea right now. I understand the immense $ pressure everyone is feeling, but at this point, why don't we just wait a few more weeks until we start to see some good vaccine #'s?

You can bet Dolan will abuse it. I watch a ton of college basketball & in the backwards ass states where they are letting in reduced capacity crowds to games (Texas being the worst offender, unsurprisingly), there are WAY too many people in these venues for my comfort, and people are not socially distanced enough/not wearing their masks all the time. And it's mind numbing to me that this is going on considering a TON of games are getting postponed & cancelled all over the country, from big programs to small.

Undefeated Baylor...the #2 team in the country & an almost guaranteed Final Four pick, has now postponed 5 games in a row during final stretch run here in February as we approach March Madness. Yet I watch these Big 12 games every night with really shitty practices going on. HMM MAYBE THAT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH HOW TEXAS, BAYLOR, OKLAHOMA STATE AND IOWA STATE ALL HAVE PAUSED FOR SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF TIME OVER THE LAST FEW WEEKS??? Assholes, utter assholes. And even if it doesn't have anything to do with, it's just sending the completely wrong message. Coaches wearing their masks low, students crowded in very close at the Texas Tech game the other night....it all just shows complete irresponsibilty.

Howard University has barely played any games at all bc of Covid and just cancelled their season. Constant postponements and pauses bc of Covid, one after another. Meanwhile one of the top recruits in the country committed there this season in an unheard of move to try and bring attention to HBCU's during his one year in college before going pro (as opposed to going to Duke, Kentucky, etc like all his peers do). Instead, barely anyone got to see him. Damn shame.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    NYC is going to allow 25% capacity for in-door dining for restaurants
    Chicago did this, too, and Lightfoot’s reasoning is that too many people are stir-crazy and were gathering illegally in tight groups in homes or hotels, etc. and if restaurants are open, people won’t be so nuts.

I hope the vaccines are way ramped up, now.

There are heated outdoor tents at restaurants around here but we have gotten at least TWO FEET of snow in the last month, honestly. We ordered a special Valentine’s Day To-Go thing from Morton’s up the street and were talking with the guy who answered the phone about if anyone was actually using the tent. He said the snow had collapsed part of it, and it now looks like “something from the movie ‘Frozen’” lol. It’s been sub-freezing here for weeks; tonight and tomorrow night it will be THREE DEGREES, so outdoor dining is, like, no bueno.

We are sticking with home-cooked or to-go.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-13-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the thought of eating out during the pandemic hasn't even crossed my mind. I get freaked out when I see people eating out now. was probably fall of 2019 I actually ate out at a resturant. don't miss it either to be honest.

Cuomo lied big time about nursing home numbers, apparently. really makes me wonder what other numbers they are fudging.

I REALLY do think the numbers regarding school transmissions are HIGHER than reported.