Page 73 of 122 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    See, I'm not even sure what functioning method she believed Bill Gates had in mind. She was so paranoid that she wouldn't go into details about all these NWO plans, because she couldn't trust that I wasn't a "snitch for big pharma" and that the only reason I asked is because I intended to report her and get her banned for spreading misinformation... or at least, that's kind of how I eventually unpacked what she was trying to say... I think. It was a trip.

I'd laugh it off, but I'm seeing wayyyyyyyy too much of this bullshit, and I don't know how much of it might be bot misinfo campaigns, or real people actually buying into this stuff... but I can promise, this person I talked to today is a real person that I've met in real life.
    Wow.

Can't help but think they are high! @Jinsai...snitch for big pharma! I have a relative who can be equally bonkers. It's scary because it seems the question of if we survive spins on all this bullshit.

I have seen a lot of stuff posted by people I believed were tolerant and sensible but it turns out they are not. Some big surprises too.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This is the budget from 2019.

Holy moly, the police personnel budget omg.

But the tax levy for the school district is 24.18%. You can't tax residents to death, but you can lower costs and benefits and increase salaries. There definitely are areas that don't benefit residents or students.

We have this same issue in the City of Chicago.

My property taxes in Lake County are MUCH higher than property taxes in Cook County, or in Chicago. But, residents in poor areas of Cook County pay a proportionally larger property tax rate because property taxes are a regressive tax. In exchange for that, they get shittier schools and shittier city services and shittier policing and shittier healthcare and they're lucky if they have one grocery store.

it's a mess, isn't it?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Fauci today warned that if we don't change course and address this differently, we could reach a point where we see 100,000 infections a day in the US.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yep, i wouldn't be surprised. just wait till mid-late july after the 4th of july get togethers. and then again in sept when schools open. then again a month later when flu season ramps up.

here in NJ it feels like it's been forever since we shut down in mid march, but it's only been 3 and a half months. and this is just the beginning, because people can't get it together.

perfect example:
    https://www.nj.com/hudson/2020/06/po...cial-says.html

^btw, indoor dining still isn't allowed in NJ

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    nobody's mentioned that the EU has prohibited travel from the US? This is huge, if not on a level that will be economically substantial, but the political optics of it all are really intense.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    what was the phrase he used? oh right: shithole countries.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Have you guys heard about this?

U.S. students throw coronavirus parties to see who gets sick first — and the ‘winner’ gets money

https://globalnews.ca/news/7132752/a...id-19-parties/

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Donald Trump Jr's girlfriend tests positive

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Have you guys heard about this?

U.S. students throw coronavirus parties to see who gets sick first — and the ‘winner’ gets money

https://globalnews.ca/news/7132752/a...id-19-parties/
    Yes.

It's fake news.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yes.

It's fake news.
    OK. co-worker shared it with me last night, I almost didn't believe it. Sounded too out of this world. Then I googled it and tons of major news outlets were reporting on it. Good to know it's nonsense.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Donald Trump Jr's girlfriend tests positive

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This is the budget from 2019.

Holy moly, the police personnel budget omg.

But the tax levy for the school district is 24.18%. You can't tax residents to death, but you can lower costs and benefits and increase salaries. There definitely are areas that don't benefit residents or students.

We have this same issue in the City of Chicago.

My property taxes in Lake County are MUCH higher than property taxes in Cook County, or in Chicago. But, residents in poor areas of Cook County pay a proportionally larger property tax rate because property taxes are a regressive tax. In exchange for that, they get shittier schools and shittier city services and shittier policing and shittier healthcare and they're lucky if they have one grocery store.
    That's about 25% of the total levy, or about $1500 per residential taxpayer.

Unless the average residential taxpayer's assessed value is about $6000, in which case the taxpayers have bigger issues than property taxes.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    That's about 25% of the total levy, or about $1500 per residential taxpayer.

Unless the average residential taxpayer's assessed value is about $6000, in which case the taxpayers have bigger issues than property taxes.
    Well, yes, 24% is a very low percentage. I pay 67%. And my annual property tax is $9k, and that’s on the cheaper range in HP in Lake County because I have a small house. So I pay $6000 per year to the school district, and I don’t even have any kids.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-05-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Lance Bottoms tests positve.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Well, that's fucking awful to hear. She seems to be feeling well, at least?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The president of Brazil, who has dismissed the seriousness of the virus, has tested positive.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I bet Jair Bolsonaro did Nazi that coming.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Coronavirus: WHO rethinking how Covid-19 spreads in air

"The World Health Organization has acknowledged there is emerging evidence that the coronavirus can be spread by tiny particles suspended in the air. The airborne transmission could not be ruled out in crowded, closed or poorly ventilated settings, an official said."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-53329946

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I don't think that Bolsonaro has COVID. The fact that he's actively pushing the HCQ thing as 'it's going to cure me' makes me really doubt it. How good will it be for him if he magically gets better with that instead of waiting for a vaccine?

it's a smaller tin foil hat, not quite full-sized.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Jesus Fucking Christ.
    https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/07/0...acle-solution/

My question is, who the fuck sold them 8,300 lbs of sodium chlorite. To a church. WTF?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Jesus Fucking Christ.
    https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/07/0...acle-solution/

My question is, who the fuck sold them 8,300 lbs of sodium chlorite. To a church. WTF?
    sad to say:

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Anyone want to tell me what set of stats Trump was referencing when he tweeted "Death Rate from Coronavirus is down tenfold!" earlier this evening?
    Sure... you see, there's like 15 cases, and pretty soon, it'll be down to none. It's like a miracle; it'll juuuuuuuust poof go away.

He's doing what he always does: lying about stuff that he thinks makes him look bad, even if the lie is actually damaging to say. This is probably the first time in his shitty life that actually just bullshitting around is directly going to result in people dying, but hey... the fuck does he care

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There's going to be a protest against wearing masks at the building I work at 4:00 today. They sent us a link to the Facebook post and said we have to be out of here by Noon. They authorized admin leave for those who cannot work from home but expect the rest of us to work from home. No biggie, just that I walked today and don't feel like taking my laptop on a 45-minute walk!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    There's going to be a protest against wearing masks at the building I work at 4:00 today. They sent us a link to the Facebook post and said we have to be out of here by Noon. They authorized admin leave for those who cannot work from home but expect the rest of us to work from home. No biggie, just that I walked today and don't feel like taking my laptop on a 45-minute walk!
    What the fuck.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

Seriously, I am this woman all day every day:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    wtf? a protest against wearing masks? fuck those people.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    At least it's a small group? "There are 20 individuals stating on social media they plan to attend and 105 indicating that they are interested in attending". That's from the Facebook post they linked to.

Given how these Facebook gatherings usually go I actually expect it to be closer to 10 people show, not counting the people they drag along because they're the ride.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I don't know if we've talked about this here:
    https://medcitynews.com/2020/07/span...t-be-possible/

This is really bad news, not just for herd-immunity, but also for the prospect of having an effective vaccine. In short, only patients with severe reactions to the virus retained significant levels of antibodies, and those who went through Covid19 with little-to-no symptoms didn't. This really sucks.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    can't say I'm surprised. the world is forever changed. anyone thinking we're going back to normal is unfortunately holding on to a false hope. it does suck.