Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here is a medical expert. Dr. Jay Bhattacharya MD, Phd Stanford Professor. I'm sorry, not to sure how to post a video in here. You can search Dr. Bhattacharya Comes on to Discuss Key COVID-19 Issues. I know it's there on Rumble, not sure about youtube because there are things he talks about that don't aline with the government narrative. It's really not fair to continue to mock and assume anybody who doesn't want or need a vaccine is stupid, or less than, or a "trumper" or Republican. There are scientific reasons to not vaccinate. The vaxed/ non-vaxed bullshit needs to stop. Natural/ acquired immunity is proven at this point. Look at the more dangerous issue, mandates and "social passports". Are you ok with that!? It needs to be stopped.

https://rumble.com/embed/viu1q1/?pub=4

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sticksandhair View Post
    It's really not fair to continue to mock and assume anybody who doesn't want or need a vaccine is stupid...
    It's not fair that we have to deal with unvaccinated people clogging up ICUs and putting a massive strain on our medical resources, but here we are!

Vaccines have worked for hundreds of years. Unless you're someone who literally can't get a vaccine because it'll kill you, there's no logical reason to not get it. This stupid fearmongering over vaccines is what's killing us, not "social passports". The people who aren't getting it are either uninformed, ignorant, or being willfully obtuse. I have nothing but contempt for those people now, and especially for the people who know better and who enable them.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Unless you're someone who literally can't get a vaccine because it'll kill you, there's no logical reason to not get it.
    But but but they're researching for themselves and taking it slow and really looking into all the view points and considering what's best for them and their family and talking to literally everyone EXCEPT their fucking doctor <biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig fucking wanking motion>

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    ...mandates and "social passports". Are you ok with that!?
    Yes, I am. We've had mandates for decades. It's not new and it's not legally controversial.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Here is a medical expert. Dr. Jay Bhattacharya MD, Phd Stanford Professor. I'm sorry, not to sure how to post a video in here. You can search Dr. Bhattacharya Comes on to Discuss Key COVID-19 Issues. I know it's there on Rumble, not sure about youtube because there are things he talks about that don't aline with the government narrative. It's really not fair to continue to mock and assume anybody who doesn't want or need a vaccine is stupid, or less than, or a "trumper" or Republican. There are scientific reasons to not vaccinate. The vaxed/ non-vaxed bullshit needs to stop. Natural/ acquired immunity is proven at this point. Look at the more dangerous issue, mandates and "social passports". Are you ok with that!? It needs to be stopped.
    Saying things like "Natural/acquired immunity is proven at this point" in the face of a COVID death count that is on track to break 1,000,000 fatalities (in the US alone) by next year sure is a wild take. Saying vaccine mandates are dangerous has me wondering if you've ever gone to college or traveled internationally - or known anyone in the military. It's certainly true that there are some people who have medical reasons that prevent them from getting vaccines, the vast majority of people who claim medical or religious exemption are making that up because *checks notes* they are stupid Republican Trumpers. Psychologically it's not far behind the "temporarily embarrassed millionaire" mindset.

Personally speaking, if not getting vaccinated against COVID-19 merely meant that all those anti-vaxxers who buy into anti-American propaganda met a swift death due to their own ignorance, while it would be an awful waste of life, I don't know how much space I'd give those dead people in my brain. The reality is that these needlessly anti-vax fear mongers are spreading disease and affecting our most vulnerable populations, whether that's those who can't get a vaccine but wish they could be protected, or whether that's by stuffing up ICUs to the point where people are unable to get regular hospital care. Personally, I think that everyone who thinks doctors are wrong about this one thing should be barred from hospitals. Treat yourself at home with YouTube remedies served by traveling doctors if you like.

Baseless anti-vax propaganda has contributed to fun facts like more people dying in Alabama than being born last year for the first time in history. Speculative anti-vax propaganda is why our country, despite having technology and manufacturing advantages over literally every other country in the world, has had a dramatically lower adoption rate and a dramatically higher mortality rate. There are people getting in fistfights about wearing a mask to buy coffee because someone told them a cloth mask will give them hypoxia, while I somehow managed to spend over 12 hours in airports and airplanes wearing cloth over an N95 mask, which doesn't even touch on what people in the service and health care industries have to deal with. Hashtag freedom, or something, I guess.

I like to think I'm more privacy conscious than most, and I'll tell you right now that nearly every person crying wolf over social passports is carrying credit cards and smartphones and never so much as whimpered as these encroached on privacy.

The bottom line is that the masses of people who get behind these sorts of arguments are arguing in bad faith. For generations, they've been raised in a society where it was more important to do what the preacher says than to read the book he claims to preach from. That shit doesn't fly here.

edit: I will also state for the record that I am aware that calling dumb people stupid is ableist and often triggers them to dig their heels in and double-down on their stupid positions, not unlike how shining bright lights in a deer's face makes it easier to shoot the deer. I acknowledge that this kind of ableist language has been used to justify some pretty fucking awful things in the past. Eugenics is a fucking terrible take, don't @ me. The era of the Trump administration has inspired my own mental regression into the angst of my teens and twenties in some ways. As I got older, I allowed optimism to seemingly enrich my world view, because it's a might better way to go through life than having negative thoughts about humanity as a whole. Will I ever regain that kind of optimism? Probably not. Is "get everyone smarter" going to solve the world's problems? Ted Cruz is a very successful man with degrees from Princeton and Harvard - education doesn't necessarily make people less awful. But I'm kind of tired of giving assholes free reign to be assholes, so if I trigger some snowflakes that used to like to throw around words like trigger and snowflake, here we are.