Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 2475

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    "The Texas National Guard has sent a 36-member team to El Paso to assist morgues in the border region with the number of dead as a result of COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus.

Statewide, the Texas health department on Saturday reported a one-day high of 12,597 new virus cases, nearly 20,500 dead and more than 8,200 virus hospitalizations."

Texas National Guard sent to El Paso to help morgues overwhelmed with COVID-19 dead

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    fuck everyone on the "but Thanksgiving!!!!?" train. Really? People are literally dying horribly. Eat your turkey some other time.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thanksgiving is overrated as a holiday anyway. You can be a glutton any damn day of the year!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    We're rising pretty bad in The Hat here, and there seems to be more and more obliviousness to it. No seats in the restaurant you want to go in? Just wait outside with the other ten people huddled together in the cold.

Or just cough all over the place in stores, etc. I saw an old guy do this today in a store without covering his mouth, just hacking (deeply) everywhere...

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    I haven't yet gathered the courage to ask people about their chin diapers but I have seen a marked increase in the number of people wearing them. I want to carry around a little spray bottle and shoot them in the face like a cat and yell "no! bad kitty!"

It feels like a noose right now, going into the Thanksgiving weekend. Yesterday it went from having two people in my personal Kevin Bacon orbit having potentially come in contact with it to several being diagnosed with it. My boss's daughter came up positive - and this was after she left Pullman to escape that hell pit - so they're quarantining over the holiday. My great aunt's son and daughter - not sure which is the in-law in that scenario, but it's a married couple - are positive, luckily after she left to come and live with my mother-in-law. And looking at that air travel gif on twitter? Jesus.

You know those signs about how "if you have these symptoms blah blah"? It really sucks when you read it and you're like ok, should I not even bother going in? I'm experiencing at least 1/4 of those right now from allergies and whatever. I saw one that said something to the effect of "if you don't normally have these symptoms" and I was like aww, how nice.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=allegate;518461]I haven't yet gathered the courage to ask people about their chin diapers but I have seen a marked increase in the number of people wearing them. I want to carry around a little spray bottle and shoot them in the face like a cat and yell "no! bad kitty!" /QUOTE]

OMG that is so damn funny (yet serious).

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I might have a cold and I hate it. Feeling the slightest bit off is the worst. Like minor sinus shit this morning to an off base head feel, to omg what if Iím a fucking bomb. I should say generally speaking Iím pretty not freaking out, but still cautious about the covid. I should add no symptoms but even feeling off has become unnerving.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    get tested. just to be sure, and also to see if you need to quarentine etc

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    what's really fun is having a persistent cough that could be allergies, could be Covid, or could be a blood clot in your lungs that you were told might come back.

I don't have a fever and I do have a follow-up appointment with my doctor on an unrelated issue in about a week so I'm going to continue with the allergies thing until then. If it persists I will mention it to him.

Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    walked into the grocery store for the second time without a mask on. Just completely forgot. It's become such a reflex that I guess it's really easy to forget that you aren't wearing one. So used to it.

I'm not complaining about masks, but... I am definitely tired and wish this was over.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    the mask has indeed become second nature. here in NJ, if you walk in to a supermarket without one, they will kick you out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I've had nightmares multiple times about ending up in a store without a mask on. 2020 is so fucking weird.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    the mask has indeed become second nature. here in NJ, if you walk in to a supermarket without one, they will kick you out.
    the Light Rail is spotty when it comes to people following the rules. PATH train is solid, but def. up & down with compliance on the Light Rail. Didn't matter as much this summer, but not cool now that its cold.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    the Light Rail is spotty when it comes to people following the rules. PATH train is solid, but def. up & down with compliance on the Light Rail. Didn't matter as much this summer, but not cool now that its cold.

doesn't surprise me about the light rail honestly.