Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    OR

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    But he’s lying, right?

If he was really taking it, for over a week now, there’d be evidence of some side effects.

You dont just take something like that and feel just fine.

I think he’s lying to try and get some egg off his dumb fucking face but he says so many stupid things so often that there’s no saving face for him.
    Last edited by Swykk; 05-18-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well if his lips are moving then he's lying, amirite? hey-O.

but seriously? yeah, probably lying. I mean he even fell on his old standby "a doctor on the front line - no of course I don't know his name because he's a fake doctor - but a doctor on the front line told me it's doing wonderful things for his patients and to keep it up!"

Last edited by allegate; 05-18-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    OR

There's already rampant speculation that he's lying (quite possible), OR that he's being given placebos since no doctor who actually believes in the Hippocratic Oath would ever give him those pills for no reason.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i think he is lying. he won’t even wear a mask. why would he take an unproven drug as a preventative? he’s only saying this to help his pharma buddies who bought a bunch of it. we already know that. i just don’t understand why no one does anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    going to drugs.com:

Usual Adult Dose for COVID-19
    At least 50 kg: 800 mg salt (620 mg base) orally on day 1, followed by 400 mg salt (310 mg base) orally once a day
    Total duration of therapy: 4 to 7 days, based on clinical evaluation

so yeah, he's either lying or taking the wrong drug.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    so far i seem to be ok and i’m not taking it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    or he's just continuously taking it because he already abuses pills.

but I think he's lying.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    going to drugs.com:

so yeah, he's either lying or taking the wrong drug.
    Well, for one thing - "I seem to be ok" is definitely a lie.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    They just now cancelled the 4th of July Fireworks at Playland Park (a popular park in Westchester, NY.) Oh boy, if others follow suit (which I think they should) - all the MAGA people are going to lose their minds!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I love Rye Playland. nostaglic memories of early childhood there in the late 80's/90's.

they cancelled them down on the Wildwood boardwalk as well. they're weekly every Friday night. the MAGA people are already going nuts.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Pretty much all the fireworks stuff was already canceled here in the Chicago area. The Kenosha fireworks festivities have been postponed to Labor Day.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    They just now cancelled the 4th of July Fireworks at Playland Park (a popular park in Westchester, NY.) Oh boy, if others follow suit (which I think they should) - all the MAGA people are going to lose their minds!
    They made that call a couple weeks ago in one of my previous towns. They supposedly had claim to the longest consecutive-running 4th of July fireworks in the country (records put it as being held annually for over 200 years). People are losing their minds.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Of course Trump is lying. He never tells the truth, never completely. There's always some amount of lie. There's no way he's taking hydroxychloroquine every day. He just doesn't want to admit that he was wrong, with his Pennywise-like "try it" "take it, if you like" whisper appeals. He doesn't want to admit he was selling dangerous snake oil. This is all ALWAYS about his image and how he thinks he's looking. It's why he won't wear a fucking mask

EDIT: Trump just claimed that there's frontline workers who refuse to show up to work without Hydroxychloroquine.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-19-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Dr. Birx's thoughts on Trump taking the medicine:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Baaaaaahahahahaha.

"How about this weather?"

I love it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Can you blame her though? I really think she's trying to stay out of the politicization of it. I've seen so many people on liberal groups I follow going nuts about her, calling her a Trump shill along the lines of Barr.... it's frustrating. I think we should just let her do her job. She's not a politician.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    A GOP controlled state. Go figure
    https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...r-emails-show/

Highlights:
    Jones also told CBS12 in Tallahassee on Monday that she refused to “manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen” the state.

she objected to the removal of records showing people had symptoms or positive tests before the cases were announced, according to internal emails obtained by the Tampa Bay Times.

Jones confirmed Tuesday that she was offered a settlement and the option to resign in lieu of being fired, effective May 26.

"As a word of caution, I would not expect the new team to continue the same level of accessibility and transparency that I made central to the process during the first two months. After all, my commitment to both is largely (arguably entirely) the reason I am no longer managing it,” she wrote.
    “They are making a lot of changes. I would advise being diligent in your respective uses of this data.”

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Can you blame her though? I really think she's trying to stay out of the politicization of it. I've seen so many people on liberal groups I follow going nuts about her, calling her a Trump shill along the lines of Barr.... it's frustrating. I think we should just let her do her job. She's not a politician.
    I don't blame her at all. I wasn't being sarcastic; I thought that was the best answer she could give without getting fired.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    CDC members speaking out, saying that the WH is clearly putting politics over science in its response to covid 19.

Countdown until we start further defunding the CDC to "teach them a lesson?"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/polit...nvs/index.html

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm usually not one to watch viral videos, but for whatever reason I ended up checking out the recent one of a Costco employee telling a whiny covidiot that he wasn't welcome in the story without a mask. And that Costco employee is now my customer service hero.

Whiny little bitch boy, trying to sound tough: "yo man I'm sharing this with my 3,000 instagram followers"
    Costco employee, in a very cheerful tone: "hi everyone! I work for Costco, and I'm asking this member to put on a mask because that's our policy. So either wear the mask or"
    WLBB, interrupting employee while putting the camera back on himself: "and I'm not doing it because I woke up in a free country".

In other news, the CDC is now saying that while "it may be possible" to contract the virus from contaminated surfaces, it "does not spread easily" in that manner. Obviously not saying throw your hat in the air and celebrate. But hey...I'll take whatever remotely positive news I can get.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ^ I truly wonder if the CDC is saying that because of pressure from Trump.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I kind of doubt it. Studies have shown that traces of the virus can live on varying types of surfaces for varying amounts of time, but a detectable virus does not necessarily mean a viable / infectious virus. And even if it is viable, you'd still have to manage to touch the exact point of contamination and then touch your face or something. So for a person practicing common hygienic practices, it seems far from likely that you'd actually contract the virus via this particular method of transmission. I think "may be possible" is a pretty appropriate way of phrasing it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Was thinking about this last night...

Y'all remember at the very end/very beginning of this year when the Flu was fucking up America real hard? For weeks there were reports about the flu being the deadliest strain in decades. And then.... Covid happened.

The first week of January, my girlfriend (and her sister) both became, literally, the sickest they've ever been from the flu. My girlfriend was out for a solid two weeks, and even almost had to go to the hospital. In hindsight, her symptoms were TO A TEE, Covid symptoms: loss of taste, smells, fever for over a week, intense muscle pains, delirium, inability to breath due to intense chest pains, I mean it was ALL there. To a TEE. And this was the first week of January in Kansas City.

What do you guys think the chances are that the extremely brutal Flu virus going around in the states before Covid, may have actually been Covid? If Trump knew about this shit in November, and was obviously ignoring all signs, I could easily see the Flu that fucked us up until Covid took over actually being Covid, and no one realized or put the pieces together.

I stayed with my partner the entire time during her bout of this in January, and was told several times by doctors and pharmacists that I would catch whatever she had too, and never did. So now I'm just itching for an antibody test. Did she have Covid and I was asymptomatic??

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Was thinking about this last night...

Y'all remember at the very end/very beginning of this year when the Flu was fucking up America real hard? For weeks there were reports about the flu being the deadliest strain in decades. And then.... Covid happened.

The first week of January, my girlfriend (and her sister) both became, literally, the sickest they've ever been from the flu. My girlfriend was out for a solid two weeks, and even almost had to go to the hospital. In hindsight, her symptoms were TO A TEE, Covid symptoms: loss of taste, smells, fever for over a week, intense muscle pains, delirium, inability to breath due to intense chest pains, I mean it was ALL there. To a TEE. And this was the first week of January in Kansas City.

What do you guys think the chances are that the extremely brutal Flu virus going around in the states before Covid, may have actually been Covid? If Trump knew about this shit in November, and was obviously ignoring all signs, I could easily see the Flu that fucked us up until Covid took over actually being Covid, and no one realized or put the pieces together.

I stayed with my partner the entire time during her bout of this in January, and was told several times by doctors and pharmacists that I would catch whatever she had too, and never did. So now I'm just itching for an antibody test. Did she have Covid and I was asymptomatic??
    This was happening in Ohio at least as far back as December, a lot of people i know mentioned how really miserable the "flu" this year was. My whole family was sick, and my 5 year old daughter had a cough that was so bad she could barely breath sometimes, couldn't sleep because it would wake her up at night. We had to do calming exercises, like the kind people do for coming out of an anxiety attack. I would have these coughing fits that just went on and on and on. The whole thing lasted two or three weeks. I'm convinced that we had it and that most of the state had it, and that what's blowing through right now is actually the second wave already.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    This was happening in Ohio at least as far back as December, a lot of people i know mentioned how really miserable the "flu" this year was. My whole family was sick, and my 5 year old daughter had a cough that was so bad she could barely breath sometimes, couldn't sleep because it would wake her up at night. We had to do calming exercises, like the kind people do for coming out of an anxiety attack. I would have these coughing fits that just went on and on and on. The whole thing lasted two or three weeks. I'm convinced that we had it and that most of the state had it, and that what's blowing through right now is actually the second wave already.
    I was convinced I had it starting December 31, even asked the doctor about a test. None yet existed, here. I got a little better, but by February I got hammered with it AGAIN. And my doctor told me it wasn't a new illness, it was the same virus that just didn't go away. He wasn't surprised by any of this. He put me on a week of oral steroids for my inability to breathe, told me to use my inhaler, said if I didn’t get better I’d need x-rays. I now wish I would have gotten those x-rays. (My husband is overly cautious.) In February, doc said there still weren’t any tests available. My doctor complained that any tests that WERE out there were only available to people who could prove that they knew someone who had recently visited China. Research now saying that Covid does permanent damage to lungs. Wtf.

My doc said my biggest complication was my asthma, which is basically tied to my immune system. The round of steroids really DID make a difference for me. I’m now finally back to my old self and working out and stuff, not constantly tired. I worried that I'd never be back to "normal," again. I hadn’t been sick with anything in over eight years!

I have friends and relatives who are also convinced this shit was here as of last year. That’s an interesting thought about this already being the second wave.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-23-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    It is TRULY screwed up that we even have to consider this possibility, but we do. Because here we are, in this super disastrous scenario, with this navel gazing goofball handling everything, and all he cares about is that he "looks good," at the expense of anything.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    my mother is going for a test tomorrow morning. she's been feeling sick the past few days...stomach issues, chills, a dry heaving cough occcasionally. no fever.

today, I've been feeling DRAINED. had a hadeache before/out of sorts. but it could be from the humidity (96% before) , it can have that effect on me sometimes along with rainy days (which it is today)

now that it's memorial day weekend, I've very curious to see if there will be spikes over the next two weeks.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've very curious to see if there will be spikes over the next two weeks.
    Problem is without testing and tracing, we're not going to know, and this is a holiday weekend. I just went down to the store in my mask and gloves, and there were tons of people from out of town flooding the beaches. I guess they'll all infect each other, fly home, and nobody will know where anything's coming from or going to.

It's stupid for LA to be re-opening the beaches right now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I hear you...I was watching live cams of the NJ beaches and boardwalks and it was sickening. no social distancing, no masks...the weather is supposed to be crappier tomorrow and cool on Monday so maybe that will deter folks. but people are stuck in their ways, stubborn, ignorant etc.