Page 52 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    What's worse...will interstate traveling be banned? Let's say one state is doing GREAT in a few months, and another state isn't. The state that's doing great may say "we don't want anyone coming in from our neighboring state because they'll just bring the virus with them" . I know there's a lot of legal issues with that statement, but if there's anything we've learned from this is nothing would surprise us. Interstate banning would cripple the economy even more. I don't see it happening but...well, it's not the worst idea to try to contain the spread. Besides, a state that's doing great would be able to help out a rough state with extra medical supplies, staff, etc.

Won't happen.
    Minnesota or North Dakota I forget which way just put in place a 14 day quarantine from people coming from another state. Not sure how that's actually gonna work out but it's a thing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    lololol holy shit is this actually real?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm a teacher in NJ right outside of NYC (you can see the World Trade Center from the windows at my school) and I just can't see how our governor or the NY govenor hasn't decided to close schools down for the year. It's literally impossible to practice social distancing in a school! I understand the pressures to reopen schools, trust me, I get multiple parents or students asking daily. I get it. But from a health perspective, a school is like a nuclear bomb for the virus. And as I mentioned, no less than 5 of my co-workers lost parents over the past 2 weeks from the virus.
    Well de Blasio announced that the schools in NYC would remained closed for the rest of the school year. But not one to ever miss an opportunity to engage win a pissing match with him, Cuomo promptly proclaimed that is not a decision de Blasio can make and it will be a joint decision made with the NJ and CT governors as people start returning to work. Can't return to work without schools reopened, etc.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yeah, the arguing is pretty embarrassing on both's behalf. especially during these times.

think they should just aim for the last week of june to reopen some things. therefore you can cancel school, and the virus will (hopefully) be way more contained than it is now.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Who runs the school district in NYC?

Looks like it’s the Mayor.

The Governor is totally incorrect.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Yep. They've never let an opportunity to argue go to waste, though. The current Mayoral Control agreement ends this summer, and I won't be surprised to see this used as a reason to not renew it or at least put a lot of shitty provisions in it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Coronavirus - COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Well, not the analysis I wanted to wake up to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/m...my-debate.html

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    I read that yesterday. I’m like really no concerts for a year and a half?!? this timeline is really starting to suck.

This tweet is the highlight of the internet for me today.

https://twitter.com/jadedcreative/st...670433280?s=21

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

ps - this actually took me reading something else but the villains pictures somewhat match their fictional doubles.
    Last edited by allegate; 04-13-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I read an article the other day that Japan is now hesitant to even move forward with he summer 2021 date... my, my... they did a complete 180 flip didn't they? They were so adamant that 2020 was happening and now they go and release a statement saying may not even happen next summer.
    The whole Olympics situation must be a nightmare for Japan. Thinking about the logistics involved in organizing an event like this is mind boggling. And the money involved! On top of that, the culture in Japan is one that doesn't tolerate failure. Losing face is the worst thing that can happen to the Japanese. I really feel for them.
    @WorzelG @allegro My mom organized and paid for her funeral arrangements 15 years ago. And from time to time, she likes to remind my sister and I that when she dies, all we have to do is call the funeral home and they'll come pick her up. She's very proud of this too. Moms are weird sometimes.

WorzelG, thank you for your kind words. The reality is that everyone has some story to share about this crisis. Your situation must be exhausting too. Hang in there and stay strong, we will get through this.

Meanwhile in the great and wonderful province of Quebec: horror stories are emerging from nursing homes. Shame on those who allowed this to happen.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Cool. Get rid of the guy who actually knows what a virus is.

There will never be a bottom with this monster. Literally there is no one worse that could be in that position that was already a name in US politics. Flush this thing down the toilet already.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, not the analysis I wanted to wake up to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/m...my-debate.html

[/FONT][/COLOR]

But... I asked you about this the other day, and you were fine with not attending concerts for another 1.5-2 years...

Okay, let's use that example.

I can live without luxuries (things I enjoy, but don't need) for two years. That includes concerts. I, as a fan, would be bummed - but I'd live.
    so... you can't say you weren't the least bit surprised by this news.

Here in Canada, before this "no concerts" news report came out, our leader already basically said this on Saturday. No gatherings, no concerts, no sports until there is a vaccine.
    Now that the news broke from an "official source" that there won't be any shows for 18 months, now people are worried?

Just playing devil's advocate here. I think the "news" about no shows is just spreading unnecessary fear. Concerts will return before then. Maybe not this year, but Feb/March 2021 might be more feasible.
    Maybe start with some smaller venues and shows opening this fall. There won't be large gatherings like Coachella or Aftershock this year, those may not return until fall 2021. But as for your average mom and pop band playing the dive bar downtown for under 100 people... I think those will slowly start to pop up again this fall. Arena tours will be out til spring of next year at the very latest. It'll be a staggered comeback approach. Smaller venues to larger venues to festivals. But saying no live music/concerts at all til Fall 2021 is ridiculous. Most smaller venues would never re-open or recover from being out of work for nearly 2 years.

Venue's might just cut their capacity down. Limit the tickets sold. If they are a seated venue, they might even close off every other seat to have more space between people. But live music will slowly return before their predicted date. I'm not buying it.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-13-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I was arguing with a fool who was saying that the numbers are OVER reported, that Cumo said "things are starting to get under control" today because "flu seasons is ending so they can't use flu deaths in the count for people who died from supposedly having the coronavirus" .

...I just can't.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

well that's not going to blow up in their faces at all.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

I don’t remember ever getting refunds on postponed shows. The ticket was just postponed to a new date, but the ticket was still valid. I met my husband at a postponed Chili Peppers show.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

It's not. Ticketmaster has a long history of fucking people over and they're still the only option for a lot of shows/venues.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    But... I asked you about this the other day, and you were fine with not attending concerts for another 1.5-2 years...

so... you can't say you weren't the least bit surprised by this news.

Yeah, I'm fine with not attending shows for two years. And I have a plan in place in case I have to find alternate means of making ends meet. That doesn't mean I want things to go that way. I also never said I was surprised by the analysis. I just said it's not what I wanted to see. Sorry for hoping that things will be better and my career could resume in under two years.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm about 30 minutes into tonight's press conference and this might be the most out of control he's ever been. Wow.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I'm about 30 minutes into tonight's press conference and this might be the most out of control he's ever been. Wow.
    I turned it off when he played the video. Hannity is my limit.

But I did see some reporters trying to get him to answer real questions on twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    tonight was a legit propaganda showcase. near dictatorship level.

I just got word that one of my co-workers lost her mother. that makes 6 co-workers that have lost parents in the last two weeks. this is awful.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yet in the next few days he wants to pressure govenors to open the economy. insanity.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My state is fucked because the gov is a Drump ass-licking pony boy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ^ you guys in FL need to somehow get WWE shut down. they are abusing your state!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Nevermind...I googled it. Yah. It's bullshit.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    My state is fucked because the gov is a Drump ass-licking pony boy.
    Do you mean a lying dog-faced pony soldier?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    ^ you guys in FL need to somehow get WWE shut down. they are abusing your state!!
    Aren't they now filming "guerrilla style" somewhere that ISN'T the Performance Center? Like I swear I recently saw the company fucking openly bragging in a press release about skirting the law by filming in a legit undisclosed location so they can avoid fines and shit. Fuckin' unreal.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I turned it off when he played the video. Hannity is my limit.
    Fox Chicago cut him off at that point to start the local news broadcast. LOL.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Aren't they now filming "guerrilla style" somewhere that ISN'T the Performance Center? Like I swear I recently saw the company fucking openly bragging in a press release about skirting the law by filming in a legit undisclosed location so they can avoid fines and shit. Fuckin' unreal.
    nope, they're now in the Performance Center. filming LIVE every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. making the wrestlers travel to and from Florida each time. zero social distancing being practiced. the govenor deemed it "essential business" . I wonder if it's because Vince is friends with Trump and Vince's wife is part of Trump's cabinet, hmmmmmm