Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: PILGRIMAGE -- Attending the HOF Induction Ceremony?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just got Hampton Inn booked on Hotwire for $94. Closer and cheaper than the one I had booked for May.. now just gotta work on canceling that one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Booked the Hyatt Regency. Hope everything lines up with this still taking place and me being able to make it. Hopefully everyone else that planned on the May date can make the new date as well.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Got my hotel reservation cancelled for the original date and new room booked for the 7th. Just realized this is falling right after the election.. moods are likely going to be extreme either way that goes.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quick question: did any of you get an email from R&R fall of fame to let you know of the new date? (I haven't) I would assume they'll officially let the ticket holders know in some formal capacity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Update: official email from Rock Hall received. Confirmed date of Nov 7.

Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Quick question: did any of you get an email from R&R fall of fame to let you know of the new date? (I haven't) I would assume they'll officially let the ticket holders know in some formal capacity.
    Last edited by Bmw1185; 03-24-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just booked the Hyatt Regency downtown as well. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bitching on Twitter worked for me, granted, I had the Hyatt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

live audience at Rock Hall of Fame ceremony?

What are the odds of them canceling the new date of the Rock Hall of Ceremony in November?
    I mean more so allowing a live audience with things going the way they are???
    Most bands that are scheduled to play in the Fall are canceling tours or postponing till next year.
    Should I sell my ticket? I wish we could get an update

anyone still holding on hope? thoughts?
    will it depend on the local mandate?
    all my shows have canceled/postponed the year and I really want something to look forward to...
    Last edited by smashthepumpkin; 06-08-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    My booking at Hotel Cleveland Gateway from 11/6-11/8 got canceled earlier this week.

“Your reservation was cancelled by the property because the property will now be closed during your stay. You will receive a full refund.”

Not quite sure if this speaks to the induction itself yet. Anyone else receive similar (perhaps for a different hotel)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This probably won't go ahead in November.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wonder if they will move it to next year.. do two classes next year?
    I hope so if it is canceled. I would hate to loose out on the opportunity

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    My booking at Hotel Cleveland Gateway from 11/6-11/8 got canceled earlier this week.

“Your reservation was cancelled by the property because the property will now be closed during your stay. You will receive a full refund.”

Not quite sure if this speaks to the induction itself yet. Anyone else receive similar (perhaps for a different hotel)?
    Did you use Hotwire or book through the hotel? My hotwire-booked stay at the Hampton Inn seems to still be intact. It looks like Cleveland Gateway/Radisson whatever it's called now is either closed/closing/renovating or other because I can't seem to get it to pull up anywhere?

That being said, I wish they would have something official to say about this because it's probably unlikely it's going ahead this year.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The place I was going to be staying at just sent an email saying they’ll no longer be able to honour my stay, as the business has closed its doors. And gave no details about refunds, and they are no longer answering their phones

Guess I’ll be calling up Visa!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I looked at other hotels near by and they are still taking reservations

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Did you use Hotwire or book through the hotel? My hotwire-booked stay at the Hampton Inn seems to still be intact. It looks like Cleveland Gateway/Radisson whatever it's called now is either closed/closing/renovating or other because I can't seem to get it to pull up anywhere?

That being said, I wish they would have something official to say about this because it's probably unlikely it's going ahead this year.
    I booked using credit card rewards points. They're refunding these back to the card. I guess I'll have to check out what no fee cancellation bookings are still available, it's been a busy week on my end.

UPDATE: Rebooked at the Hilton Garden Inn w/ no cancellation fees if I need to bow out later

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Goddamn it, the live event is now officially cancelled (not a surprise, but still sucks!)
    I guess I have to get HBO
    Last edited by hellospaceboy; 07-08-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

PILGRIMAGE -- Attending the HOF Induction Ceremony?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Well fuck, looks like I'm out $100. Hotwire isn't taking cancellations anymore, evidently. Cuz you know, the pandemic is over. Clearly.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 07-08-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep very much a bummer. I was looking forward to this event in person as well as catching up with my NIN brethren! But gotta be safe and smart about these things so not too surprised. Looking forward to watching the event, hope they make it somewhat cool.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The HBO broadcast is still a go. Hopefully NIN will still perform live. But yeah, what a bummer.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    The HBO broadcast is still a go. Hopefully NIN will still perform live. But yeah, what a bummer.
    It's gonna be a pre-recorded thing, but I'm sure a performance of some sort will still be incorporated yeah. Hopefully. They usually just show video montages but it would be a very short program if that's all they do this year.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Bummer news. Here's hoping for a performance still at least!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hotwire customers - I just (yes at 1:30am) used their online messaging service and a guy named Neil totalllly helped me out and canceled my reservation despite the fact that Hot Rate Deals are not generally refundable. A little politeness goes a long way, I guess. If anyone is in the same boat, you might not have to eat the cost or take an unwanted trip to Cleveland after all.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Just wanted to check in and ask if any of you got your Induction Ceremony refund yet.
    I haven't