Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PILGRIMAGE -- Attending the HOF Induction Ceremony?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Talking PILGRIMAGE: attending the HOF Induction Ceremony?

So...

(and the synth marching section in "Pilgrimage" can be playing this entire time while you read this)

Someone in the NIN collecting/trading group on Facebook mentioned that they were curious about who else would be making the drive/flight/overnight stay to watch NIN perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony on May 2nd. We don't know yet whether they'll play other shows this year (probably they will, but nothing's confirmed); however, we know they'll play a few songs to celebrate on this night, and the ceremony will also be broadcast on HBO at some point. Heck, we don't even know who will be playing with them yet, but people are making plans to go to this thing. Should have a separate thread for it while other people are yakkin' about the HOF generally, and dreaming about what might happen there, over in the other thread.

I probably can't go in person, because I'll have a newborn by then, but sure as hell will I watch it on TV, as will many other fans around the world, and WELL... OTHER NIN FANS HAD BETTER SHOW UP AND CHEER whenever the band's name is announced, when somebody awesome gives them props, and especially when that curtain rises and tear the fuckin' roof off. If you've never been to the city, Cleveland actually has kind of a cool vibe when it's the weekend and things are happening in town. I made the drive from Toronto to see the Autolux/QotSA/NIN show there in 2005, and posted photos on the old ETS when it happened; we also checked out the Hall of Fame museum, it was a pretty great time all in all.

So, that's my bit done, now discuss amongst yourselves about travel and hotel arrangements/deals, advice on tickets, meetup locations, fun things to do... share the love! Be safe out there, pigs.

Edit: well that last sentence is about all that applies, now that the show has been completely cancelled. Sorry everyone.
    Last edited by botley; 07-18-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Talking about attending before being able to buy a ticket feels like a huge jinx for me, so I'm looking forward to returning to this thread in a month

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The 35th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, presented by Klipsch Audio, will take place on Saturday, May 2, 2020 at Public Auditorium in Cleveland, Ohio. The Ceremony will be broadcast live for the first time on HBO on May 2nd at 8 p.m. ET. Performances and special guests and Induction Week programs will be announced later.

Tickets go on sale to Rock Hall members on February 25th and to the public on February 27th at 10 a.m. ET at ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Far-back corner: $100
    Front-back corner: $175
    Straight-back and back half of venue: $250
    Front half of venue, rear sections: $300
    Front half of venue, back half of front sections: $1,500
    Front half of venue, front half of front sections: $2,500

Good luck to everyone trying to get tickets!
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 02-25-2020 at 12:24 PM. Reason: haven't been paying attention

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I will be there. No questions.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Booked a hotel on hotwire with travel insurance in the event I don't get tickets or can't end up going.. Really seems like this will be hard to score tickets to.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I made the drive from Toronto to see the Autolux/QotSA/NIN show there in 2005, and posted photos on the old ETS when it happened
    That was my first ever NIN show. I didn't meet anybody from ETS there though, I was newish to the old board (Cappadocianman back then) and really didn't know anybody, but it was a great live show. QotSA was on point.

Sorry, drift. Fond memories though.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    That was my first ever NIN show. I didn't meet anybody from ETS there though, I was newish to the old board (Cappadocianman back then) and really didn't know anybody, but it was a great live show. QotSA was on point.

Sorry, drift. Fond memories though.
    I remember it well! Autolux was enchanting, and I was very excited when Queens played "Give the Mule What He Wants" and a barnstorming "I Think I Lost My Headache". Then TR freaked out after "Right Where It Belongs" because the video projector got disconnected, LOL!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    God, that picture above is just asking for some NIN-themed photoshops.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm crazy enough to think about doing this without booking a hotel room...the flight's an hour and a half from where I live...leave NJ in the morning, get to Cleavland by the afternoon, do some sight seeing/eating, check out the hall (if it's opened to the public) and go right to the airport after the show if there's a late night flight out.

will decide this over the next month.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    In regards to making travel plans for immediately afterwards, just know the event last year ran from about 7PM - 12AM, roughly. No idea if this year will be different since there's less inductees and it'll be streamed live (HBO editted down last year's 5-hour show to somewhere around 3). They also don't announce the set times in advance, so NIN could be inducted first or last or anywhere in between.

*edit - I see FULLMETAL's post that the HBO Broadcast this year starts at 8pm, so maybe either they're doing a broadcast delay or shortening the show by having it start later?
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 01-20-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    thanks for that tip. hmm...could be a long night if I decide to fly out afterwards. I'll think about it. not having to check in luggage would be awesome, and a first for me lol

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm planning on making the trip and would love to have an ETS meetup to mark the special occasion.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    thanks for that tip. hmm...could be a long night if I decide to fly out afterwards. I'll think about it. not having to check in luggage would be awesome, and a first for me lol
    This is literally what I do most of the time if I am going to see shows in other cities. Just a backpack... Go sight see, grab a brew and dinner, go to show (enjoy another brew) and then find a club that's open late and listen to music all night until my flight early am. lmao.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    This is literally what I do most of the time if I am going to see shows in other cities. Just a backpack... Go sight see, grab a brew and dinner, go to show (enjoy another brew) and then find a club that's open late and listen to music all night until my flight early am. lmao.
    sounds like a young man's game.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also, if going to Induction ceremony, keep in mind Cleveland Indians at home Fri. 5/1 7pm. Sat. 5/2 6pm (Induction night). Sun. 1pm.

The traffic, and parking can be bad. Give yourself time to get around.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also, Tickets are going to be very hard to get. If Spiral still existed TR would probably do a fan pre sale, no? It's possible. Other bands have done it for the ceremony (sold tickets to fans through "fan club" and had their little fan area in the theatre.) But probably about 200 seats it seemed. But still it's another way to try to get tickets.

Somebody go ask him and let us know... Or ask him and he'll say something publicly, like yes or no. It's possible.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    just a couple weeks until tickets go on sale. starting to get excited. my dad my come with me, my mom's still on the fence. they were NIN and DM fans when I was a kid so it'd be a full circle type of thing.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I still don't have a job, so I can't justify the expense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When will ticketmaster be putting up info? Gonna try but who knows if I can really pull it off or not,lol.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Well shit @botley , CONGTRATS!!! On the kid, not the thread. :P

Personally I don’t think I’d enjoy the ceremony with all the other bands (or even NIN), but whoever goes have at it. Just don’t bitch about the setlist!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sticksandhair View Post
    Also, Tickets are going to be very hard to get. If Spiral still existed TR would probably do a fan pre sale, no? It's possible. Other bands have done it for the ceremony (sold tickets to fans through "fan club" and had their little fan area in the theatre.) But probably about 200 seats it seemed. But still it's another way to try to get tickets.

Somebody go ask him and let us know... Or ask him and he'll say something publicly, like yes or no. It's possible.
    Regrettably, I don't believe we'll be seeing a block of fan exclusive tickets.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    whoever goes have at it. Just don’t bitch about the setlist!
    Setlist:

Starsuckers, Inc.
    Starfuckers, Inc. (version)
    Starfuckers, Inc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Setlist:

Starsuckers, Inc.
    Starfuckers, Inc.
    lol...you know.. that might just be a nice "fuck you" if the people in power say only Trent gets the induction even when Trent may (probably?) wants Atticus and probably the rest of the touring band members up there with him.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Reminder for the diehards who bought a RnRHOF membership just to get into the pre-sale: it starts in just under three hours.

Tickets go on sale to Rock Hall members on February 25th and to the public on February 27th at 10 a.m. ET at ticketmaster.com.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I’ll see you all there! Definitely need to arrange an ETS meetup for something like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post

I’ll see you all there! Definitely need to arrange an ETS meetup for something like this.
    What the price, I have to hope that some are still avalibe on thursday

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    What the price, I have to hope that some are still avalibe on thursday
    Info from the induction thread with prices

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    My observations:

Far-back corner: $100
    Front-back corner: $175
    Straight-back and back half of venue: $250
    Front half of venue, rear sections: $300
    Front half of venue, back half of front sections: $1,500
    Front half of venue, front half of front sections: $2,500

What the fuck is up with that disproportionate price difference??

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    NOW we can talk about this trip Anybody got hotels, or airbnb yet?

We'll drive down on the 1st just in case traffic is bad, we don't want to risk it on the day of. Haven't booked a place to stay yet.

I'm also thinking about trying to find the place where Right Track studio was (where TR recorded the PHM demos). Anybody has info on it? (I have a vague address, but can't confirm it, from this article: http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/clev...-trent-reznor/)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Just booked within walking distance - I suggest booking soon, prices are already wild for hotels AND Airbnb!

I'm likely going to come in Friday night after work and head out Sunday. Haven't booked a flight yet, but they're pretty cheap. Wanted to get the hotel out of the way first.