Thread: PILGRIMAGE -- Attending the HOF Induction Ceremony?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Talking PILGRIMAGE: attending the HOF Induction Ceremony?

So...

(and the synth marching section in "Pilgrimage" can be playing this entire time while you read this)

Someone in the NIN collecting/trading group on Facebook mentioned that they were curious about who else would be making the drive/flight/overnight stay to watch NIN perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony on May 2nd. We don't know yet whether they'll play other shows this year (probably they will, but nothing's confirmed); however, we know they'll play a few songs to celebrate on this night, and the ceremony will also be broadcast on HBO at some point. Heck, we don't even know who will be playing with them yet, but people are making plans to go to this thing. Should have a separate thread for it while other people are yakkin' about the HOF generally, and dreaming about what might happen there, over in the other thread.

I probably can't go in person, because I'll have a newborn by then, but sure as hell will I watch it on TV, as will many other fans around the world, and WELL... OTHER NIN FANS HAD BETTER SHOW UP AND CHEER whenever the band's name is announced, when somebody awesome gives them props, and especially when that curtain rises and tear the fuckin' roof off. If you've never been to the city, Cleveland actually has kind of a cool vibe when it's the weekend and things are happening in town. I made the drive from Toronto to see the Autolux/QotSA/NIN show there in 2005, and posted photos on the old ETS when it happened; we also checked out the Hall of Fame museum, it was a pretty great time all in all.

So, that's my bit done, now discuss amongst yourselves about travel and hotel arrangements/deals, advice on tickets, meetup locations, fun things to do... share the love! Be safe out there, pigs.

Edit: well that last sentence is about all that applies, now that the show has been completely cancelled. Sorry everyone.
    Last edited by botley; 07-18-2020 at 08:45 AM.