Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PILGRIMAGE -- Attending the HOF Induction Ceremony?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    *edit*
    whelp, shows what I know about disaster planning.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 03-12-2020 at 12:21 PM. Reason: news about rescheduled ceremony.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Everyone still confident this is going to happen?

I still have to purchase a flight, but a bit nervous! Not about getting sick - just about everything everywhere getting cancelled.
    I think it’s likely to be cancelled or postponed. If you book a flight, make sure it’s one of the airlines that’s currently offering some cancellation/flight change flexibility.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I would be happy with a postponement if it meant all the surviving inductees can attend and perform. Right now there's too much uncertainty, and that's coupled with the fact that the Hall typically has next to no transparency with info.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The induction/telecast will likely (and hopefully) still happen, but I could see them barring spectators like Ohio is doing for sports and hopefully y’all get refunds.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm sure they're getting a billion emails right now, but I'm going to reach out. Will let you guys know if I hear back!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    For what it’s worth, this was just announced today: https://fox8.com/news/rock-and-roll-...nduction-fest/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Cloud Nothings would be fun, but I'm not gonna be there on Friday.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    surviving inductees
    that sounded really dark, you know

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    that sounded really dark, you know
    LOL didn't mean it to be (too) dark (park) at all, but RIP Whitney and Biggie and Marc Bolan. I'm sure they'll have some kind of tributes planned because three performances doesn't seem like nearly enough, but I'd be more than okay with Mode and NIN getting more stage time. If postponing this to the Fall is the best way of making that happen, then I'm all for it. Something tells me it'll be the city of Cleveland to force a decision.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    LOL didn't mean it to be (too) dark (park) at all, but RIP Whitney and Biggie and Marc Bolan. I'm sure they'll have some kind of tributes planned because three performances doesn't seem like nearly enough, but I'd be more than okay with Mode and NIN getting more stage time. If postponing this to the Fall is the best way of making that happen, then I'm all for it. Something tells me it'll be the city of Cleveland to force a decision.
    Best skinny puppy album

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That was a fast response.

Hi Sarah – thanks for reaching out! The induction ceremony is proceeding as planned. We are in close contact with public health and government officials and will update our website with information if any plans change.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    IF this is still occurring, I might have an extra ticket to offer an ETS member. My buddy just backed out of travelling.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this ends up getting cancelled though, but if anyone is interested in tagging along, shoot me a message, would sell if at my cost, It was one of the $300 tickets.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Not to be the bearer of bad news but the NBA just canned the reset of the 2019-2020 basketball season soooooooo...… maybe they will have it live on HBO with no live local audience?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Everyone still confident this is going to happen?

I still have to purchase a flight, but a bit nervous! Not about getting sick - just about everything everywhere getting cancelled.
    I'm not confident at all! Luckily Cleveland is still driving distance for me, so I only have to deal with hotel issues if things change...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is still a bit of time away. Hopefully things settle down by end of this month.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    fuck.

Time to look at cancelling flights/hotel. Hopefully that won't be a costly loss.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    No surprise there, really. At least it's not outright cancelled.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Glad I didn't book my flight yesterday when I was thinking about it and taking the Millennial "if I die, I die" approach!

Hopefully it gets rescheduled when I can still attend. I wonder what happens to the ticket if we can't make the rescheduled date.

Maybe Ilan will be available for the new date!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Shitty for all the folks here who made plans (I hope you get at least partial refunds...) but once again, they made the right call. Hoping it goes forward soon.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wish there was a new date to move the hotel reservation to. Wonder if I should wait a bit or just inquire about a refund instead. I got travel insurance through hotwire so it shouldn't be an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm going to wait for Rock Hall's official announcement with the newly rescheduled date before doing anything.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Not sure if everyone got this email, or if they just sent it to people who previously reached out. Sharing just in case!

Hi, Sarah – just received this update. The health and safety of our fans and visitors is our highest priority. Given recent news regarding coronavirus and the urging by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine regarding large public gatherings, we have made the decision to postpone the 2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Induction Week festivities until later this year. Additional details, including new dates and ticket information, will be announced shortly and shared directly with ticket holders and supporters. Details of the rescheduled HBO live broadcast of the event will be announced at a later date.
    At least they said "shortly" instead of sOoOoOoOn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just got this email and in it states:

Tickets purchased through Ticketmaster for the Ceremony at Public Hall will be honored for the rescheduled date.

Good to know

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    First the years of snubs, now this? Good, will Big Music stop a nothing to keep NIN out of the hall of fame?!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Rescheduled for November 07.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rescheduled for November 07.
    Interesting! seems a little premature to be rescheduling things at the moment, but I'll be cautiously optimistic here.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yes, I’m quite surprised they even decided to reschedule yet. We could be into round 2 of this shit show by then. Sadly, by that time, this disease might become part of our daily risk of living life.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed you can all make the rescheduled date and the virus risk is falling off by then! At this point I’m just really curious about who’s lined up to induct

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I booked at Double Tree and at any Hilton property, if you book by April 30, you can cancel up to 24 hours before check in for free.

Edit - that's also ass-deep into football season, so I recommend booking ASAP if you're able. If that weekend ends up being an in town Browns game...
    Last edited by Sarah K; 03-24-2020 at 11:11 AM.