Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails songs playable in Fortnite Festival

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails songs playable in Fortnite Festival

https://twitter.com/FNFestival/statu...14732869505378

Nine Inch Nails is in Fortnite? Lol.

"The Hand That Feeds" is part of Fortnite Festival. Gonna be fun! Most likely, someone will upload the performance from 1000 angles.

(Can I go shooty shooty bang bang as Trent Reznor? #BigManWithAGun

I actually dont know what Fortnite Festival is. So many questions!)

Last edited by shagg_187; 12-06-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    https://twitter.com/FNFestival/statu...14732869505378

Nine Inch Nails is in Fortnite? Lol.

"The Hand That Feeds" is part of Fortnite Festival. Gonna be fun! Most likely, someone will upload the performance from 1000 angles.

(Can I go shooty shooty bang bang as Trent Reznor? #BigManWithAGun

I actually dont know what Fortnite Festival is. So many questions!)
    My partner has been working on the new Fortnite content, so this is a fun crossover for me.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    This has been reposted everywhere and I also have 0 idea what it actually is. Some CGI animation to go with these songs? Or users in-game doing mass dancing moves? None or all of the above?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It looks like it is guitar hero so to speak but in Fortnite and you can play different instruments...at least that's what it looks like to me.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Apparently they are about to launch different game modes, at least that's how I understand it as someone who has never played or watched Fortnite. Another mode is to be creative world building (like Minecraft) and involves a partnership with Lego. This must be another game mode?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Apparently they are about to launch different game modes, at least that's how I understand it as someone who has never played or watched Fortnite. Another mode is to be creative world building (like Minecraft) and involves a partnership with Lego. This must be another game mode?
    This is correct, i think there is going to be a car racing game too. I just can't figure out what the Fortnite Festival is for sure. I guess we will see in a few days!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Epic bought Harmonix (of Guitar Hero / Rock Band) a few years ago and this is probably born from that.
    Harmonix was acquired by Epic Games in November 2021. Harmonix stated that this does not affect their continued support for Rock Band 4 or Fuser DLC. The company also stated it would develop "musical journeys and gameplay for Fortnite" in addition to making musical projects in the metaverse,[52] leading into the creation of Fortnite Festival, one of the three new game modes in Fortnite; the Fortnite Festival was first teased as part of a virtual Eminem concert as part of the "Big Bang" finale event on December 2, 2023, with the full mode to be available starting December 9, 2023.[53]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Fortnite Festival is up.

Uhh... it's essentially "Guitar Hero" lol. No videos of THTF uploaded yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Less than and March of the pigs with extended outro added to Fortnite festival.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    Less than and March of the pigs with extended outro added to Fortnite festival.
    I just saw this in the Fortnite item shop. I know March of the Pigs was in Rock Band before as I bought it years ago but seeing Less Than is pretty cool, to which Fortnite Festival is just Rock Band by the way. Also, you can randomly play these songs as emotes in the middle of Battle Royale mode. So while someone is being shot, you can literally just start playing March of the Pigs on drums. It's hilarious.

March of the Pigs has All the Pigs Lined Up added but it sounds different and apparently has new Trent vocals I think?
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 01-25-2024 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I just saw this in the Fortnite item shop. I know March of the Pigs was in Rock Band before as I bought it years ago but seeing Less Than is pretty cool, to which Fortnite Festival is just Rock Band by the way. Also, you can randomly play these songs as emotes in the middle of Battle Royale mode. So while someone is being shot, you can literally just start playing March of the Pigs on drums. It's hilarious.

March of the Pigs has All the Pigs Lined Up added but it sounds different and apparently has new Trent vocals I think?

According to a developer in a livestream:
    "This is a studio recording of what they play live. It's the only recording that exists."
    "Only to be found on [Fortnite Festival]."
    "Remember the other day when I said Trent was a fan of the game?"
    "[Trent Reznor] offered [to record the extended version]. He wanted to change songs for improved gameplay."

Source https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...ersion_of_the/

So yeah, its a new ending specifically recorded for this game. It's similar style as how he sings it live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post

I’m not as clued in as most of you guys but to me, it definitely sounds like a re-record all the pigs are all lined up with a recent vocal take

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol the way it just stops. funny to hear young and old trent in the same track.

also his kids must really love this game, he’s a good dad

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)

"This is a studio recording of what they play live. It's the only recording that exists."
    "[Trent Reznor] offered [to record the extended version]. He wanted to change songs for improved gameplay."

So yeah, its a new ending specifically recorded for this game. It's similar style as how he sings it live.
    @piggy - new MOTP version to add to ninwiki?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Interesting find, I just put in the garageband vocals into the mix to fill in the blanks. It will now live in my 'Weird Ass NIN' folder..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So yeah, it’s a new ending specifically recorded for this game. It's similar style as how he sings it live.
    a

after playing through Less Than I’m pretty sure that’s a different mix as well

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I'm going to assume the MOTP ending vocals were just extracted from some recent-ish live recording, of which Trent probably has a whole lot in the vaults. They sounded to me like WT-tour Trent more than 2022 Trent. Guitar part is what Alessandro plays live in the current lineup. Can't decide if it sounds to me like a new studio part or also extracted from a live recording.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'm going to assume the MOTP ending vocals were just extracted from some recent-ish live recording, of which Trent probably has a whole lot in the vaults. They sounded to me like WT-tour Trent more than 2022 Trent. Guitar part is what Alessandro plays live in the current lineup. Can't decide if it sounds to me like a new studio part or also extracted from a live recording.
    I think it would be super hard to extract clean vocals from a live show like that without getting some bleed. Sounds like studio to me…

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I think it would be super hard to extract clean vocals from a live show like that without getting some bleed. Sounds like studio to me…
    It could be from the rehearsals recordings like the ones that leaked from before with teeth tour

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    They also removed the "Take the skin and peel it back" line. Cool to finally have a studio version of this version of the song, though! Has anyone managed to extract a high quality MP3 or WAV file from the game? I can save an mp3 of the YouTube video, but I think those max out at 128 or 256kbps.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Good assumption.

Devil's advocate: I believe it's a newly recorded track. Why? Because the vocals are on key and on tempo with the album version. The live version is usually faster, and gets REALLY fast when the ending kicks in. So either TR went through the trouble of finding the right live take that he can match the tempo, or he re-recorded it like a pro that he is.

Also, he emphasizes a lot of Oh's when singing live as it's easier to not blow your windpipe. The "intensity" isn't there? Does that make sense?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    The extended vocals aren't from the WT rehearsals, nor from the 2013 Festival rehearsals. To me, they sound like a much more recent recording, maybe even from CBI era...or they are freshly re-recorded for the game.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This is really cool and really jarring. But hey, we got something in January so...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    @piggy - new MOTP version to add to ninwiki?
    I've added it to the MOTP page. Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sickamongthepure View Post
    It could be from the rehearsals recordings like the ones that leaked from before with teeth tour
    Even rehearsal audio would have drum bleed. It’s non existent in this version which can only mean isolated vocals in a booth/room without other instruments

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is wild. Does anyone have an example of Less Than too?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    This is wild. Does anyone have an example of Less Than too?
    I can’t screen cap it but I’ve played through a few times and I’m sure the guitar is much louder and slightly different in the mix

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Honestly, this sounds bad. Apparently you can sing about "stains like blood on your teeth", but "take the skin and peel it back" is just wayyy too far. Not sure if the ending is re-recorded or just something from a rehearsal (I'm sure there's plenty of recordings of those in the vault), but it feels really anemic, and the way it just ends really lets down the whole track. That last burst of energy in the live version is what makes it work, so losing that makes it sound lifeless.

If you have to go through all this effort just to make something "family friendly", it's not worth it. Also, something about watching Anakin fucking Skywalker singing this song just makes me cringe.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 01-27-2024 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    something about watching Anakin fucking Skywalker singing this song just makes me cringe.
    When I posted about this on the Hotline, I very deliberately chose the video where the singer was what I suppose I'd describe as a "festival chick" because it's delightful. EMOTE.

On my first playback, the 'studio' version of the live ending didn't feel as big as I expected it to, but comparing it to what they played live in 2018, it's pretty accurate from an instrumentation standpoint, aside from the absence of a tempo change (which would be a mean thing to do in a game like this). I think part of what adds to the odd feel of the ending is that, as best as I can tell (I don't have Fortnite), the mix you hear when you play depends on what part of the performance you're taking on, and the vocals in the above clip are boosted as a result. Check out "Expert Lead" Or "Expert Drums" clips on YouTube for a different mix.

Finally, I was also surprised that 'Take the skin and peel it back' was removed. I imagine it's sensitivity around self-harm, and I think there's a lot to be unpacked about what we're protecting kids from in a gaming genre named after a Japanese film that's so violent that it didn't get domestic US distribution until ten years after its release, but hey... here we are.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Finally, I was also surprised that 'Take the skin and peel it back' was removed. I imagine it's sensitivity around self-harm, and I think there's a lot to be unpacked about what we're protecting kids from in a gaming genre named after a Japanese film that's so violent that it didn't get domestic US distribution until ten years after its release, but hey... here we are.
    my dumb ass sitting here thinking, "there was a Japanese film called Fortnite?" and then I finally cottoned to the word genre and then I figured it out. (-‸ლ)