Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I read/heard that it's year 2 and the GCPD television show is supposed to be year 1. But also that only about 25% of the film has been...filmed...and that's where all of the footage came from.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I read/heard that it's year 2 and the GCPD television show is supposed to be year 1. But also that only about 25% of the film has been...filmed...and that's where all of the footage came from.
    Correct, Matt Reeves confirmed that. Didn't some shitbag earlier in this thread 'confirm' that it was based on the Year One story? Haha...sure thing.

Also, in October there's apparently going to be about two weeks of outdoor filming in Chicago, though not sure if it'll be the main cast. One would assume the UK filming in the newly built sets has already resumed.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, rumours are all over the place since production startet. Remember the suspected Colin Farell pics where he looked like Grindelwald again? Doesn't seem to look like it now with the heavy (but damn fine ones, if it is indeed the Pengiun) prothetics.

To be frank, this is pretty much what I would have suspected Affleck's movie to look like after all the descriptions tone-wise. And I would have been more than happy to see Affleck return than reboot it with Pattinson. And yes, I know this is another universe and a much younger Batman, but still... Either way, I'm happy with what I'm seeing given that I've never been too fond of the whole casting as stated way earlier in this thread. But I respect Reeves as a director and he certainly caught my attention with this trailer.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    whoops.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuckssakes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, at least that's something...

The UK allows production to resume if all other people on site get tested and are negative..which is exactly what's happening on The Batman set. They've already resumed production of other scenes and work not involving Pattinson with no expected change in release date. I'll take it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well, at least that's something...

The UK allows production to resume if all other people on site get tested and are negative..which is exactly what's happening on The Batman set. They've already resumed production of other scenes and work not involving Pattinson with no expected change in release date. I'll take it.
    Welp never mind, that report from the UK is apparently bogus and they're just going to wait the 2 weeks and do 'other production work outside of filming' during the timeframe. Bah!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Did anyone see this?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Pattinson cleared, filming on The Batman has officially resumed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    With Dune moving to Oct 1, 2021 (when this was supposed to street) word online is that we can now soon expect a new date. FUUUUUUU

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    March 4, 2022

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Bloody hell!

You know, I don't think there will be an Oscar ceremony next spring. Not because people won't be able to attend but because no new movies came out this year to be eligible! Unless they give everything to Tenet.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Bloody hell!

You know, I don't think there will be an Oscar ceremony next spring. Not because people won't be able to attend but because no new movies came out this year to be eligible! Unless they give everything to Tenet.
    They're allowing streaming movies to be eligible this year so there are quite a few that are worthy of winning

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Man, all the set photos leaking today have me hella pumped for this again.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    It well never not be funny that they spend thousands to make Farell look like a middle aged man instead of just casting one.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Consider that part of the marketing budget.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Close up of Bruce and Selina's motorcycles.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I saw, I THINk, a Film Theory video, that posits that this movie may take cues from Se7en, in that, perhaps the antagonist wins by forcing the protagonist to violate his moral code.
    That would be dope.

I'm in this tiny minority who doesn't really get into a lot of the Marvel stuff. I LOVED Guardians, and I got a kick out of...Winter Soldier, I think? But, ultimately, the spandex suit superhero thing doesn't do it for me.

BATMAN, though: Gotham is DARK and GRITTY. And we have the Joker, who is damn near an American archetype at this point.

I'd LOVE to see DC get their shit together and present a darker, heavier alternative to Marvel.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Se7en meets Batman sounds amazing! Count me in on that one!

This movie is shaping up nicely and makes me little less sad over not seeing Batfleck tearing through some villains and using countless gadgets. If we indeed get a neat story this time around and some decent action (one of the only weaknesses of TDK imho) combined, wow! And so far the trailer and behind the scenes footage look like we will get just that. This should be worth the wait.

Only thing that makes me a little upset again are these rumors about Pattinson and Reeves not getting along and maybe not pulling through with a trilogy. Frankly, I don't need another trilogy, but news like that get on my nerves in the internet-age.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I saw, I THINk, a Film Theory video, that posits that this movie may take cues from Se7en, in that, perhaps the antagonist wins by forcing the protagonist to violate his moral code.
    That would be dope.

I'm in this tiny minority who doesn't really get into a lot of the Marvel stuff. I LOVED Guardians, and I got a kick out of...Winter Soldier, I think? But, ultimately, the spandex suit superhero thing doesn't do it for me.

BATMAN, though: Gotham is DARK and GRITTY. And we have the Joker, who is damn near an American archetype at this point.

I'd LOVE to see DC get their shit together and present a darker, heavier alternative to Marvel.
    Well, if all you said is true, this film (especially after Joker) may spawn the equivalent of DC Black Label.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wight rabbit View Post
    Well, if all you said is true, this film (especially after Joker) may spawn the equivalent of DC Black Label.
    Well, now, this was a THEORY video, not a news video.
    I'll see if I can find it again.

I'm not sure what DC Black Label is, but I think I can make certain assumptions from the name.

Maybe that's what DC is going to do. Maybe it could be a darker, grittier, more realistic and more grown up alternative to Marvel. They've sure taken a step in the right direction, for me, with this last Joker movie.

Also, I LOVED the idea that people didn't know what to think of Superman, in that (I think) last superman movie. It was REALISTIC. What would people think of an alien with godlike powers? They'd be fucking SCARED. The recent superman movies weren't perfect, and I may be committing blasphemy here, but I liked the TONE of them a HELL of a lot more than the tone of the old Christopher Reeves movies.

I wanna see more of that. I want to see a dark, hardcore Superman movie.

I want to see Batman as a realistic detective, making mistakes, learning lessons, and becoming infuriated, as he grows.

And I hope that's how this new movie is. We have a young Bruce Wayne in Robert Pattinson, or Patterson...you know, the #teamedward guy.

So, MAYBE, he gets room to grow, and make mistakes and such.

It COULD be fucking awesome.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-13-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'm not sure what DC Black Label is, but I think I can make certain assumptions from the name.

Maybe that's what DC is going to do. Maybe it could be a darker, grittier, more realistic and more grown up alternative to Marvel. They've sure taken a step in the right direction, for me, with this last Joker movie.
    You basically answered your own question haha.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Cool, The Batman is going to be utilizing the same virtual production tech via ILM that they used for The Mandalorian.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    With all travel regulations and safety meassures this seems like a good thing and given the fact that they are all still exploring this new tech, this could hold some pretty neat opportunities for making this movie (and many more currently in production or soon to be).

I have a feeling that the making of and behind the scenes footage coming out after this movie is finally released, will be pretty cool to watch.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    holy shit i want that to be a real movie

lego batman is my fav batman movie ever. are we actually getting a sequel to that?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    *shakes magic 8 ball*
    Possible future[edit]

Untitled The Lego Batman Movie sequel[edit]

In December 2018, Chris McKay confirmed that a sequel was in development and that he would return to direct the film. However, the fate of this film is unlikely due to Warner Bros. losing the Lego film rights with Universal set a deal as the distributors for future Lego films.[39][better source needed]

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This is sort of cool. There's apparently going to be a series of Mountain Dew flavors to promote The Batman and they've already shown the label. Interesting look at The Riddler.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)