Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New trailer in two days. Another WIP screening took place...VFX, etc. not done but apparently almost 3 hours in length. Full blown detective noir apparently...pumped.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

nice.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Last edited by imail724; 10-15-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That Riddler is going to be very special...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Paul Dano is an amazing actor, I'm sure he'll knock it out of the park, as long as the script is good.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm so ready for this. Everything looks beautiful!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This looks just delightful. I love how Gotham looks.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Trailer was good. Can’t wait!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Certainly looks like a batman movie

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    If Reeves is anywhere near as good at making a movie as he is these trailers this is going to be the best batman yet. Getting a strong year one vibe mixed with the mystery element of the long halloween.

And I'm one of the few fans of Reeves Let Me In remake. That movie has a car wreck scene that is shot in the coolest way possible. That shot of Penguin in the flipped car makes me think he's using that technique in this.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Batman theme by Michael Giacchino at the end of the trailer is GREAT. I don't to see another trailer. I'm ready for this film! Also...that scene where there are two motorcycles riding in a road in a graveyard...it looks like a set from "Joker", similar to the Wayne Manor (am I imagining things?). Also, love Catwoman's face when Batman is beating a guy to a pulp! And Colin Farrell seems to be channeling his inner Robert De Niro in that final "I got you!".
    Last edited by cahernandez; 10-16-2021 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Based on Farrel's comments and the trailer I'm going to assume the penguin sequence is the opening of the movie. It looks great, I love the Riddler, I love Paul Dano. That all said based on the trailer I think we can reasonably map out the beats of this movie and it's like... Any other Batman movie really, and that's just fine with me.

Also these grim and gritty reboots have a tendency to escalate in fantasy over time, so I'm excited to see this go really off the rails by the third one

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    If I didn't know it was a movie, I'd think it was a "dark" version of WB series.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Just love seeing Paul Dano here in the limelight. Dudes recognition is so well deserved; just puts a huge smile on my face because a lot of people I know say the "That's the kid in a bunch of movies, but I don't know his name.." line. So awesome.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Ever since Little Miss Sunshine I've kept an eye on anything he's involved in. This scene was unexpected and makes me tear up every time I watch it.

edit:

lol, oh there they go again. glad no one's in the office today.
    Last edited by allegate; 10-18-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Viewer beware. Possible spoiler hint at the end of this trailer.

Last edited by mfte; 12-13-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Potential huge spoilers (if you haven't already seen the rumblings on twitter, etc. about this over the past like three months) but Spoiler: WB has been screening two different cuts of the movie apparently...a Google search will basically spell it out for you if you haven't already heard. One with a certain character's appearance at the end, another without. No idea which one makes the final cut or which one has been liked more. I don't need to say anything further lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    It feels like this has been in production for way longer than expected....wasn't this scheduled to be released in 2020 but then pushed back due to the pandemic? And now it's still not out......

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    It feels like this has been in production for way longer than expected....wasn't this scheduled to be released in 2020 but then pushed back due to the pandemic? And now it's still not out......
    Nope. It was originally scheduled for release this year. They started shooting early in 2020, but had to shut down until September of last year with only a quarter of the film shot.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The costumes of The Riddler and Penguin look great! Really looking forward to this film: https://bleedingcool.com/movies/the-...-2-bts-images/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Those look cool.

Doesn't that Riddler photo sorta remind anyone of...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New minor plot details re: The Riddler, etc.

Mild spoiler warning I guess in the paragraph about The Riddler. Can't wait to see this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Double post for confirmed runtime: 2h55m Damn.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Okay, I'm probably the only one who feels like that but I've got to say it.

It is weird that I'm bying Pattinson as Batman but not as Bruce Wayne? Maybe it's because scenes as the one above are out of context but something's off. I see brooding and brooding in a bat suit. I'm not dissing Pattinson at all; he's a fine actor. From the look of it, it's how the script goes.

I'm overthinking this, right?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @october_midnight , I wanna hear the spoiler. And I don't know how to work twitter. PM me?

So, anyway, JESUS I hope this thing works. The new trailer is fucking awesome: it feels more like an Opening Minutes ting.

Tim Burton's Batman is still my favorite. I was ten, so that's (a big ass) part of it.

Those of you who are about 40, do you remember the Bat Mania? My brother and I were BOTH Batman for tat least 2 of our Halloween years, and I played that Prince album until the fucking cassette broke.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Okay, I'm probably the only one who feels like that but I've got to say it.

It is weird that I'm bying Pattinson as Batman but not as Bruce Wayne? Maybe it's because scenes as the one above are out of context but something's off. I see brooding and brooding in a bat suit. I'm not dissing Pattinson at all; he's a fine actor. From the look of it, it's how the script goes.

I'm overthinking this, right?
    You aren't wrong but it is very much intentional from what I understand. Keep in mind that this is a very young Batman who's only been doing his thing for about a year or two. The great Kevin Conroy once said that the key to playing Batman was to realize that Bruce is the mask, Batman is who he really is inside. I think this film understands that but I also think that the character hasn't yet learned to use Bruce as the public mask (like Bale hopping in the water fountain with his two dates for example).

One of the comics that inspired the movie is a story called Batman: Ego. That story deals with the differences between Bruce and the Bat and how it affects the character. It's even in this 3 comic set they are releasing before the movie.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/th...es-movie-2022/

Who knows if the movie will actually be good but so far from what I've seen I think it has a chance to be great. Great cast, I've liked what I've seen from the director, low amount of cgi, shot on film, long form story telling, Gotham looks like Gotham. We'll see if it comes together.