Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Batman

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If it’s true that the symbol on his chest is crafted from Joe Chill’s gun, consider me a fan of that lol.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The thing about the batsuit reveals is that they all really look the same. You could take one batman from any era and plop him down in any other era and you'd barely notice. Maybe you'd notice the nipples. You'd notice Adam west batman, but that's a strict improvement, on my opinion across the board. The actors, too are usually interchangeable, of always punching well below their weight, Bruce Wayne is not a tough role.

The interesting costumes and castings are always the villains. Even in the worst Batman movies (whatever that means) the villains are well acted and uniquely costumed. There's a lot of room for interpretation there.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Found on twitter, someone cleaned up a capture of the footage and made it more visible.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Like the chest piece but the most important thing for me would be the ears which you don't see here... the red gives it a Dardevil vibe though.

I'm still confident Pattinson will rock the role of a younger Batman. This is what Gotham should have looked like imho.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I dig it!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Liking everything about it. Curious to see how they will portray his voice when he helms the suit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    kinky

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm probably alone on this, but I'm not so sure about the mask. First, it exposes way more of his cheeks and jaw than it ever has before. Second, it looks like it's made of leather, which not only reinforces the DareDevil comparisons, but isn't protective enough. If he gets hit in the head, it's like he's only wearing a leather hat. Having said that, I'll reserve my full judgement for the full reveal later.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    well if this is a year one proper story then that makes sense. I just started reading one of the stories about that and he doesn't even have a working grappling gun because it's him starting out with what he tries to do himself. I hope that kind of thing makes it to the movie.

*cough*wouldbeabettertvseries*cough*

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Stunt suits are always a bit different, but here we gooooooo....

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That costume is so bad that I have to assume it will be different when all is said and done.

This is a great example of why starting press early is better than being coy and teasing. This kind of shots always going to have early and determines who has control of the narrative

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Those things on his forearms remind me of Black Widow.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Posted wrong link, sorry for mispost.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-22-2020 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Stunt suits are always a bit different, but here we gooooooo....

Yeah, a stunt suit in broad daylight isn't going to look great. I'll wait to see it with proper lighting and color correction before I pass any judgements.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    The ears are a little off putting, but some interesting things here and there. I'll pass further judgement until we see a trailer! I really like the collar on this.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    The ears are a little off putting.
    What if they were full Kelley Jones length?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    ^^ haha!

I was actually just thinking about compiling the most absurd or extreme Batman designs over the years. This one's probably in the top 5.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    What is happening to Batman's tits in that picture?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    What is happening to Batman's everything in that picture?
    fixed that for you.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    If it’s true that the symbol on his chest is crafted from Joe Chill’s gun, consider me a fan of that lol.
    whats cooler is that this is a very new idea introduced in 2018 by Kevin Smith in a short story written as part of Detective Comics 1000. Smith rarely does comics anymore, and this was a cool little story he did, with this little nugget as part of it very well regarded by fans.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    whats cooler is that this is a very new idea introduced in 2018 by Kevin Smith in a short story written as part of Detective Comics 1000. Smith rarely does comics anymore, and this was a cool little story he did, with this little nugget as part of it very well regarded by fans.
    I know the part indeed! Made the symbol yellow so it'd also attract their attention...good stuff. Hell, I'd even be good with it being anything functional, batarangs, etc.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Big rumor floating about that Reeves is eyeing Johnny Depp for his Joker for his planned Batman trilogy.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    What is happening to Batman's tits in that picture?
    It's his knee/calf. He's kneeling on a perch.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I believe that was a joke.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Big rumor floating about that Reeves is eyeing Johnny Depp for his Joker for his planned Batman trilogy.
    please, god, no. even if johnny depp hadn't turned into a complete piece of shit in real life, i am so sick of seeing him in movies, playing the same exaggerated version of himself over and over. see the "fantastic beasts" movies for evidence. ugh.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Wait, what? This is also going to be a trilogy? Oh noes... and please god, no Joker again! As much as I enjoyed Joker the character is a tad drawn out for cinema now... only because Phoenix portraied the character so vastly different, I could enjoy it and wash the bad taste away that Leto left.

I'd still love to see Deathstroke in one of the new movies and a new Poison Ivy with proper CGI, maybe even Clayface if they can get him right and a more sinister version of Killer Croc. Firefly would be neat as well. But leave out Mad Hatter please. Dr Freeze? Hmm, why not? A proper court of Owls movie would be neat though.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I’d be down for it if the joker role was small on the story. It’s time to give me freeze his due.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Wait, what? This is also going to be a trilogy? Oh noes... and please god, no Joker again! As much as I enjoyed Joker the character is a tad drawn out for cinema now... only because Phoenix portraied the character so vastly different, I could enjoy it and wash the bad taste away that Leto left.

I'd still love to see Deathstroke in one of the new movies and a new Poison Ivy with proper CGI, maybe even Clayface if they can get him right and a more sinister version of Killer Croc. Firefly would be neat as well. But leave out Mad Hatter please. Dr Freeze? Hmm, why not? A proper court of Owls movie would be neat though.
    Agreed! We need to visit Bat's rouge gallery, there are LOADS of great villains. That Joker have a break and bring him back much much later for a better impact.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Johnny Depp is the guy who suffered physical abuse by his wife right? It's funny how the media rarely talks about it. If it was the other way around tho...

We need more Joker and please, show the killing of Bruce's parents. /s