Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When the Facepalms Caught Up With Demogorgon

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Nah, ruiner was right. She was being a complete tool in that post.
    This isn't an area i'm going to argue about, so i'm just going to concede your point. I'm a straight male and i have no way of understanding what some of you go through, so that's as far as i'm going to go with that.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Maybe think about that next time before you tone police.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Oh, I am so sorry I responded to bigotry like that, cis person. As a marginalized person I should have been more careful with my tone, lest I upset you. Please let me know next time how I should respond to bigotry in a kinder manner.
    You'll notice i didn't try and correct you or try to dictate how your response should have been. Nowhere did i say you needed to treat me or anyone else special. And i don't boil you down to just "hey, trans person". You have a name, right? Isn't it fair to treat others the same rather than as a "cis person"? Bigotry exists on both sides, but it doesn't come from me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I JUST made a post to address that and the first thing said afterwards was "whatever, who'd you vote for?" Do you really not see how frustrating this is? Is it that difficult to take what's said at face value?
    because informed people know that statements like this: "I believe in equality, whether it's with marriage or employment or whatever. I believe we're all human beings and treating people differently because of skin color or gender choice is stupid. I believe in accountability for the people running this country, and if there is factual evidence to show they've done something illegal, I believe in removing them from their position." are goo-goo gumdrops/surface level stuff that allows for TONS of wiggle room and obfuscation.

So I'm trying to get to what defines you by perhaps your past ACTIONS in the political arena instead, to crack this martyrdom shell you're encasing yourself in. Which might actually help how your viewed here bc the exclusive snark & facepalming campaign you've engaged in over however long now instead of engaging anyone in real discourse/being more open about what you believe. Like I said, you're gonna get challenged here if you're on the other side. If you don't wanna be open and don't wanna argue, then don't provoke!

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    You'll notice i didn't try and correct you or try to dictate how your response should have been. Nowhere did i say you needed to treat me or anyone else special. And i don't boil you down to just "hey, trans person". You have a name, right? Isn't it fair to treat others the same rather than as a "cis person"? Bigotry exists on both sides, but it doesn't come from me.
    No. You being cis is absolutely relevant to this conversation. You, a cis person who has absolutely no experience being trans, tried to tone police me, a trans person, about something you have no knowledge of (or much less than I do considering I speak from lived experience). That context matters. A lot.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    There's a difference between being challenged and being treated like shit. As far as actions go, if i'm going to donate to a charity, that's good, right? If i go around telling everyone i know "hey i donated to this charity isn't that great???" that's an asshole thing to do for ego gratification. Likewise, if i do something political, i don't need the ego boost. It's a job well done. There doesn't need to be anything more than that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    No. You being cis is absolutely relevant to this conversation. You, a cis person who has absolutely no experience being trans, tried to tone police me, a trans person, about something you have no knowledge of (or much less than I do considering I speak from lived experience). That context matters. A lot.
    I disagree. I don't particularly feel like we're going to get much farther without bruised feelings regardless of what anyone says, so i'm not going to engage on this anymore. I know for a fact that I am not a bigot, and that i accept everyone as best I can.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I guess, thanks? I don't know. It's one of my album covers with the fonts removed. I took the photo myself, made some manipulations, and viola.
    Wasn't meant for you, amigo. I quoted another user.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Wasn't meant for you, amigo. I quoted another user.
    My bad. Saw it come up and was on autopilot. *shrug*

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I disagree. I don't particularly feel like we're going to get much farther without bruised feelings regardless of what anyone says, so i'm not going to engage on this anymore. I know for a fact that I am not a bigot, and that i accept everyone as best I can.
    And you just completely proved my point. K.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Man, trying to talk to you is like talking to a brick wall. The few times i've tried to do anything close to telling you my views, you tell me i'm full of shit EVERY TIME. If you aren't going to believe me when i say flat out "I did not vote for Donald Trump", why would I bother with anything else to try and convince you? And yet, somehow that translates to "hey guys look he IS a Trumper and he's just trolling LOLOLOLOL"? You will say anything to justify the absolutely shitty way you treat people, and because i refuse to put up with it, i'm the bad guy? Check yourself.
    Ive said you act like a Libertarian because you’ve expressed similar views prior to JUST TODAY and got super angry when a bunch of us decimated libertarianism a few pages back. YOUR behavior shaped my views about you. That’s kinda how it works.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Ive said you act like a Libertarian because you’ve expressed similar views prior to JUST TODAY and got super angry when a bunch of us decimated libertarianism a few pages back. YOUR behavior shaped my views about you. That’s kinda how it works.
    I said "No, I'm not a Libertarian". What part of that qualifies as super angry? No. It got tiresome when it was repeated multiple times. It got more tiresome when i also had to say "no, i'm not a fascist" when i thought that sort of thing would be implicit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    That’s exactly what a racist would post!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm familiar with the reverse racism fantasy, but reverse transphobia (cisphobia?) is a new one to me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I know for a fact that I am not a bigot

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've seen a homophobe claim that all gays are heterophobes.
    So it doesn't surprise me that certain "people" think cisphobia is a thing

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Why can’t everyone just love everyone?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Why can’t everyone just love everyone?
    Because the homophobes are trying to insist they're totally not gay because if they were gay, how could they hate the gays this much?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Wasn’t there an ADMIN here who was Libertarian to the max always banging on about his gun rights? slight double standards if that’s OK

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He got dunked on too. A lot. Deserved it as well.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I guess this is the place to rant on this topic? I'm just gonna say this:

I think the facepalm feature is kind of dumb.

The "like" feature makes sense. You see something you like? Cool, click that like button. We already know that you agree with or appreciate what was posted, and while it's certainly great to expand on the reasoning for it if you so desire, it's probably not going to add much of substance to the thread. So type of that reply if you want, but a liking the post probably says most of what needs to be said.

The facepalm button...well, to me anyway, "facepalm" means "dude, what you just said is unbelievably stupid". But if you really want to express that opinion, have the conversational courtesy to say WHY you think that. Add something to the discussion. Otherwise, just peppering a thread with facepalms is the online equivalent of going "Nuh-uhhhh!" and then thinking you've made your point. Most of us here are able to hold intelligent, respectful, and well reasoned conversations in which we bring opposing viewpoints to the table (and yes, I think we're all also guilty of at least some level of snark at times, but that's usually more the exception). Facepalming without any further reply feels like a cheap shot at any attempt to hold a civil discussion.

It is not at all my intent to tell, or even request, that the mods pull that feature. Their forum, their rules, and I respect that. This is just my two cents on the feature and the way it generally gets used.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Wasn’t there an ADMIN here who was Libertarian to the max always banging on about his gun rights? slight double standards if that’s OK
    yeah. hasn't logged in much lately.

General Information
    Last Activity 06-22-2019 04:41 PM
    Last edited by allegate; 01-08-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Actual visual representation of the facepalms catching up with Demogorgon:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Folks, can we just take this argument where all arguments go: the Manson thread

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Is there a metric where we can see who facepalms the most?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    You need to at least get the story right, Demo.

Let’s review, I didn’t “LOL you’re a Trumper.” I concluded you were a libertarian based on your reactions to criticism of libertarianism dating back quite a bit. Did you vote for Gary Aleppo or what? You still haven’t said. Put your cards on the table or get out of the game. End this bullshit one way or the other. Otherwise, you’re just a troll trying to get the admins to delete the facepalm feature so you’ll stop getting facepalmed so much for your aforementioned bullshit.

Speaking of the Manson thread, you’ve crossed deep into Hazekiah territory.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I quit arguing with everyone 15 posts ago. *shrug* You can believe whatever you want.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    What a waste. This was your chance to show who you are. You could’ve changed some minds maybe.

Instead, you’re proving us all right and pulling a Geraldo at Al Capone’s vault. *douche shrug

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    You weren't listening anyway. None of you believe a word I say, and most keep piling on more insults and assumptions, so trying to keep at it is, yes, a waste. I'm moving on. You have fun with whatever this game of yours is, because i'm not playing. So, if you think you're going to totally "dunk on" me, make it count, because i won't be responding anymore.