Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When the Facepalms Caught Up With Demogorgon

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I will continue to do as I have from this point on - ignore you.
    Good. Get on that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there are 31 posts and 28 facepalms in this thread. fitting, I guess, for a thread about facepalms.

also don't you have to pay money to have that capability? I'm unfamiliar so I don't know.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    also don't you have to pay money to have that capability? I'm unfamiliar so I don't know.
    Subscribing gets you facepalms, but, it also gets you custom avatars, which is really what i was after when i signed up to donate. I'm picky about avatars and i didn't like the assortment here, since there's not enough of them really to go around without doubling up. You also get access to a special forum area to discuss certain board projects that may or may not come to fruition. Like a sounding board kinda, without getting the whole forum fired up about something that could be just an idea.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    What if we all just like, agreed to be nice and respectful to each other, though? That shit would be cool, right?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    What if we all just like, agreed to be nice and respectful to each other, though? That shit would be cool, right?
    That would be fantastic. I hope some folks try that.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Damn...another week or so long break from the board and I miss all the fun.

To add something that may be constructive (prolly not): as said, Trent is relatively far left in his politics. Maybe not as far left as me, but clearly not a conservative, right winger, Trumper or whatever shitty label one on that side gives themselves to let them sleep at night despite being a (most likely) terrible person w/fucked up morals and/or worldview. This has come through in his art and his public statements since 1989. So if a right winger is gonna play on here with the rest of us sycophants (part. in the "In The Headlines" section, you can bet your views are gonna be met with hostility) you're not going to like what's posted about politics most of the time, you're gonna be challenged, etc.

I am a manic college bball fan. Only sport I care about. I went to Seton Hall so I am a diehard fan of our program. Season ticket holder, travel to away games/tourneys when we can, donate to the program, etc. I used to love posting on the main message board for SHU bball as such. But over the years I've gotten so bummed out by all the awful old-timers, right wingers, racists, etc & their shitty opinions that seep into the convos. Or the stuff they'd post in the section about news & politics. Would go to war w/some of these assholes all the time (always find it funny that other manic fans of a team/sport played predominantly by young black men can still be so racist & backwards). Until one day a few years back I just had enough. It wasn't worth it anymore. I still read the board all the time but I don't ever really post b/c I clearly do not fit in with alot of the old fucks that are on there. I'm better off as such.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Again: not a "right-winger". Always assumptions with you that aren't true. I wonder how it feels to be so dishonest and wrong about people all the time. No wonder you have to bully somebody all the time, with a massive ego shortfall like that.

You are right though: you're better off not posting.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I believe in universal healthcare. I believe in having a strong military that is kept at home and not employed as the world's police. I believe in equality, whether it's with marriage or employment or whatever. I believe we're all human beings and treating people differently because of skin color or gender choice is stupid. I believe in accountability for the people running this country, and if there is factual evidence to show they've done something illegal, I believe in removing them from their position. The list goes on, and how ANY of that justifies being labelled a Trumper or a right-winger or having a shitty worldview is beyond me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I believe in universal healthcare. I believe in having a strong military that is kept at home and not employed as the world's police. I believe in equality, whether it's with marriage or employment or whatever. I believe we're all human beings and treating people differently because of skin color or gender choice is stupid. I believe in accountability for the people running this country, and if there is factual evidence to show they've done something illegal, I believe in removing them from their position. The list goes on, and how ANY of that justifies being labelled a Trumper or a right-winger or having a shitty worldview is beyond me.
    Yeah yeah yeah. Keep flapping them gums. Who have you voted for?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Not Trump. Honestly, another person's vote is not your business, so maybe the problem here is, oh, i don't know... you?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    People will continue to not take you seriously with answers like that. How about in 2000? 2004? 2008? 2012? Who is your favorite candidate for senator or the house that you've voted for? Who have you donated to? Ever volunteer for anyone? How much would you feel comfortable cutting our military budget by? How much would you raise taxes on corporations and the wealthy? Whats your view on statehood for Puerto Rico? Or just give your specific views on ANYTHING concrete that would show that you're not a right winger since you hate that label so much, yet do little to dispel the notion. Maybe give some of your real views on real issues and specific politicians instead of continuing to be coy and/or writing statements that rely heavily on flowery language that means nothing like above. You want people to engage you seriously on here, here's your chance. Or continue to be looked at skeptically b/c you'd rather be cute and try & tweak da libs with your facepalms and lack of substantive replies on the topics u deem facepalm-worthy.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Why is ANY of that YOUR BUSINESS? When did ANY of that come up AT ANY TIME in the political threads where rather than ANYONE proposing any sort of solutions, it's instead a never ending post count of "FUCK TRUMP I HATE HIM SO MUCH LOOK AT THIS THING HE DID"? I volunteered real views on real issues many, many times and you, among a select minority of others, have done NOTHING but criticize them. You aren't interested in ANYTHING that doesn't match your ideals and somehow that's MY FAULT? No. The prejudice leaking out of you right now is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I have trouble believing these newfound views of yours because of your own posts and shitty attitude towards most of us in the political threads. You claim to be bullied and just want to be treated well but your actions don’t really show any of that.

This reeks of trolling. It’s been your pattern.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I have trouble believing these newfound views of yours because of your own posts and shitty attitude towards most of us in the political threads. You claim to be bullied and just want to be treated well but your actions don’t really show any of that.

This reeks of trolling. It’s been your pattern.
    They aren't "newfound", they just are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. My attitude tends to get a bit shitty when all anyone does is try to beat me down and label me a bunch of shit that i'm not. Wouldn't you get a bit frustrated? Come on now.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    faceplam
    face-plam
    f-a-c-e-p-l-a-m

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    They aren't "newfound", they just are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. My attitude tends to get a bit shitty when all anyone does is try to beat me down and label me a bunch of shit that i'm not. Wouldn't you get a bit frustrated? Come on now.
    I would display my beliefs and post accordingly. Not troll then get defensive when called out and claim I am really a good guy but everybody’s a meanie.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I don't know. You kind of lost me when you facepalmed a pretty emotional post I made re: being trans and the bigotry we face. That's when I figured you were kind of an asshole. Nothing you have said here has made me change my mind.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I would display my beliefs and post accordingly. Not troll then get defensive when called out and claim I am really a good guy but everybody’s a meanie.
    Man, trying to talk to you is like talking to a brick wall. The few times i've tried to do anything close to telling you my views, you tell me i'm full of shit EVERY TIME. If you aren't going to believe me when i say flat out "I did not vote for Donald Trump", why would I bother with anything else to try and convince you? And yet, somehow that translates to "hey guys look he IS a Trumper and he's just trolling LOLOLOLOL"? You will say anything to justify the absolutely shitty way you treat people, and because i refuse to put up with it, i'm the bad guy? Check yourself.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 01-06-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    I don't know. You kind of lost me when you facepalmed a pretty emotional post I made re: being trans and the bigotry we face. That's when I figured you were kind of an asshole. Nothing you have said here has made me change my mind.
    That facepalm wasn't about how you are trans or about facing bigotry, it was about how you responded to Cat Mom. I didn't make a post because it's obviously an emotional issue for you, and i felt that there wasn't a good way for me to articulate a response. The facepalm was disapproval of HOW you said what you said, not WHY you said what you said.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I don't know if people are calling you a "Trumper," but rather just asking you WHAT THE FUCK IS IT THAT YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE? You're quick to distance yourself from ANY group, but you don't specify anything that you're supportive of.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't know if people are calling you a "Trumper," but rather just asking you WHAT THE FUCK IS IT THAT YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE?
    I JUST made a post to address that and the first thing said afterwards was "whatever, who'd you vote for?" Do you really not see how frustrating this is? Is it that difficult to take what's said at face value?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Whats the point of being very active in the political/news part of this board but then not feel comfortable telling people who you have voted for?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I JUST made a post to address that and the first thing said afterwards was "whatever, who'd you vote for?" Do you really not see how frustrating this is? Is it that difficult to take what's said at face value?
    In a political discussion, withholding who you voted for is just coy and obnoxious as all hell.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This has nothing to do with your post and isn't going to add anything to this particular conversation, but I like to picture your avatar when people are arguing back and forth here.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Whats the point of being very active in the political/news part of this board but then not feel comfortable telling people who you have voted for?
    Because that's not topic of conversation, for one. If the thread was called "Talk About Your Political Beliefs" then hey, have at it. I probably wouldn't post there. I check the main politic threads to catch news i might have missed and to see what people are saying, and frankly, if what people are doing is just posting giant images of Mickey Mouse taking rat poison instead of serving the country or whatever, i think that's dumb. Hence, facepalm.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    This has nothing to do with your post and isn't going to add anything to this particular conversation, but I like to picture your avatar when people are arguing back and forth here.
    I guess, thanks? I don't know. It's one of my album covers with the fonts removed. I took the photo myself, made some manipulations, and viola.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    That facepalm wasn't about how you are trans or about facing bigotry, it was about how you responded to Cat Mom. I didn't make a post because it's obviously an emotional issue for you, and i felt that there wasn't a good way for me to articulate a response. The facepalm was disapproval of HOW you said what you said, not WHY you said what you said.
    Nah, @theruiner was right. She was being a complete tool in that post.
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 01-06-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    In a political discussion, withholding who you voted for is just coy and obnoxious as all hell.
    Unless that has nothing to add to the conversation at all, in which case, it would be drift.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Because that's not topic of conversation, for one. If the thread was called "Talk About Your Political Beliefs" then hey, have at it. I probably wouldn't post there. I check the main politic threads to catch news i might have missed and to see what people are saying, and frankly, if what people are doing is just posting giant images of Mickey Mouse taking rat poison instead of serving the country or whatever, i think that's dumb. Hence, facepalm.
    The thread might as well be titled "talk about your political beliefs while discussing current politics." What the fuck else are we discussing?

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Oh, I am so sorry I responded to bigotry like that, cis person. As a marginalized person I should have been more careful with my tone, lest I upset you. Please let me know next time how I should respond to bigotry in a kinder manner.