Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Yup that is a nice upgrade
    Well, unfortunately, this is a mixed bag. On the one hand, the HD footage is a nice upgrade. On the other hand, there is some really weird stuff going on with it. There are a LOT of camera angles where the footage has a lot of ghosting. The ghosting is a result of frame blending, and results in frames that look like this. The reason for frame blending is if you were converting from one frame rate to another. The YouTube broadcast is delivered in 30p, so the original broadcast was probably a standard 60i. I can't imagine what they would have been shooting in that would have required converting/frame blending to 60i. Even weirder, most of the frame blended footage looks like it's upscaled SD. It would be really weird to be shooting broadcast SD in something other than 480i60, so no frame rate conversion should have been needed. The native 1080i60 shots from some camera angles look really good, especially during MotP. So I dunno what's going on with the camera angles with the frame blending.

I noticed this ghosting on my SD capture of the original broadcast from 2009. I just chalked it up to the capture or some other conversion issue. But apparently, it's endemic to the broadcast master. A shame.

None of the other 2009 performances from the Day 1 footage yesterday had this weird hybrid of camera footage and frame blending issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Well, unfortunately, this is a mixed bag. On the one hand, the HD footage is a nice upgrade. On the other hand, there is some really weird stuff going on with it. There are a LOT of camera angles where the footage has a lot of ghosting. The ghosting is a result of frame blending, and results in frames that look like this. The reason for frame blending is if you were converting from one frame rate to another. The YouTube broadcast is delivered in 30p, so the original broadcast was probably a standard 60i. I can't imagine what they would have been shooting in that would have required converting/frame blending to 60i. Even weirder, most of the frame blended footage looks like it's upscaled SD. It would be really weird to be shooting broadcast SD in something other than 480i60, so no frame rate conversion should have been needed. The native 1080i60 shots from some camera angles look really good, especially during MotP. So I dunno what's going on with the camera angles with the frame blending.

I noticed this ghosting on my SD capture of the original broadcast from 2009. I just chalked it up to the capture or some other conversion issue. But apparently, it's endemic to the broadcast master. A shame.

None of the other 2009 performances from the Day 1 footage yesterday had this weird hybrid of camera footage and frame blending issues.

What songs were played, it says private for me

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    I think it was MotP and Survivalism.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I think it was MotP and Survivalism.
    Wish was in there, too. I can't watch it anymore either, it says video is Private for me as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It was March of the Pigs, Wish, Survivalism, and The Hand That Feeds.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    It was only available for 24 hours. A rip will show up on ninlive eventually.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Jehnny Beth on what's in my bag. Shows off a couple NIN vinyl's right at the start.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Shows off a couple NIN vinyl's right at the start.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Oh shit, I triggered the beast.......

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just got this fuzz pedal from Germany. Itís a noisy little fucker (even came with earplugs and a couple stickers)...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Jehnny Beth on what's in my bag. Shows off a couple NIN vinyl's right at the start.
    vynil's*

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Precognitive NIN spotting... August 19th @ 10pm "The First 48" Two-thirds through the episode, the main Atlanta detective is clearly wearing a LIVE_WITH_TEETH_2006 NIN tour shirt (the episode is ©2017).

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Precognitive NIN spotting... August 19th @ 10pm "The First 48" Two-thirds through the episode, the main Atlanta detective is clearly wearing a LIVE_WITH_TEETH_2006 NIN tour shirt (the episode is ©2017).
    You travelled two weeks backwards in time, and THAT'S the information you brought back with you?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

love getting yelled at by one of Canada’s finest

oh and he’s wearing a NIN shirt the entire video

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    ^ Just came in here to post that, love some Matty M.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    That dude literally has one of the most annoying voices ever. Holy shit, couldn’t make it past 30 seconds. Love that shirt though...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    OK it’s not proper NIN but things get lost in the score section so I’m posting here. Interview with David Poland. There is a bit of NIN, starting on new stuff in a few weeks. There’s a brief history of Atticus and Trent working together, mention of Tapeworm, didn’t know Atticus was also working on the Zak de la Rocha project too.

Last edited by WorzelG; Today at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Yes! Love DP/30 interviews, and Trent's interview for Gone Girl was really good, so I was hoping they would be doing another one.