Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
Results 631 to 642 of 642

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

  1. #631
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Can't really because it crosses the line of getting into T's personal life. Garson was on the track, too, though.
    That sounds awesome, when you say virtual do you mean that both artists were performing from separate locations?

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,121
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I had the awesome opportunity to see Trent do a cover (not Bowie, but Bowie-related) in a virtual performance during the early months of lockdown. Not only was it awesome, it showed how good a virtual concert can be. Very excited for this.
    Would you be able to at least divulge the song(s) that was played? I completely understand not wanting to get into specifics surrounding this virtual performance (super jealous, by the way!) and I don't want to pry, but I feel like telling us the song wouldn't be too revealing (though I could be wrong). Was it something like Under Pressure? That's my guess. Regardless, I bought my ticket and am definitely looking forward to seeing what they play!!

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,335
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    That sounds awesome, when you say virtual do you mean that both artists were performing from separate locations?
    Yeah, multiple musicians performing remotely. It wasn't live, though; it was people doing their own parts pre-recorded, but edited together to be one cohesive thing, which is what I expect the Bowie tribute to be.

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Would you be able to at least divulge the song(s) that was played? I completely understand not wanting to get into specifics surrounding this virtual performance (super jealous, by the way!) and I don't want to pry, but I feel like telling us the song wouldn't be too revealing (though I could be wrong). Was it something like Under Pressure? That's my guess. Regardless, I bought my ticket and am definitely looking forward to seeing what they play!!
    It's not that it's a secret so much that I feel like the more I say, the more frustrating it is that you don't get to hear it. I wanted to do a brief writeup of the experience back when it happened, but then I felt like maybe it would just be annoying to hear about it without being able to see/hear it. I only mention it now because it felt appropriate with the Bowie tribute, since now everyone will get to experience something similar in a couple months (and possibly sooner depending on what the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame thing turns out to be).

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,121
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    It's not that it's a secret so much that I feel like the more I say, the more frustrating it is that you don't get to hear it. I wanted to do a brief writeup of the experience back when it happened, but then I felt like maybe it would just be annoying to hear about it without being able to see/hear it. I only mention it now because it felt appropriate with the Bowie tribute, since now everyone will get to experience something similar in a couple months (and possibly sooner depending on what the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame thing turns out to be).
    That's fair. And who knows, maybe the thing you had the pleasure of witnessing was a trial run of sorts of what we're all about to see with this Bowie tribute!

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,438
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Bowie-related but not Bowie? Has to be Iggy Pop then

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,335
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Bowie-related but not Bowie? Has to be Iggy Pop then
    Not quite, but I think ylour'e educated enough to figure out who it must be, then.

  7. #637
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,493
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    so effin' weird that nin.com is blocked but if I go to store.nin.com I don't have an issue.

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,072
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I love that when Canadians knock off the NIN logo, they at least spend time getting the lettering right.
    Here is an other view:


  9. #639
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    385
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)





    Anyone grab this while it was up? Is this actually something new?

  10. #640
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,066
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    what was it? ^

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,463
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    what was it? ^
    I followed the link to YouTube and its from NIN official, titled "head like a hole live". just a guess, but maybe its for the hall of fame broadcast.

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,984
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It was the FM Broadcast Nine Inch Nails & Foo Fighters faux that was posted and discussed earlier in the thread.

Posting Permissions