Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Can't really because it crosses the line of getting into T's personal life. Garson was on the track, too, though.
    That sounds awesome, when you say virtual do you mean that both artists were performing from separate locations?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I had the awesome opportunity to see Trent do a cover (not Bowie, but Bowie-related) in a virtual performance during the early months of lockdown. Not only was it awesome, it showed how good a virtual concert can be. Very excited for this.
    Would you be able to at least divulge the song(s) that was played? I completely understand not wanting to get into specifics surrounding this virtual performance (super jealous, by the way!) and I don't want to pry, but I feel like telling us the song wouldn't be too revealing (though I could be wrong). Was it something like Under Pressure? That's my guess. Regardless, I bought my ticket and am definitely looking forward to seeing what they play!!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    That sounds awesome, when you say virtual do you mean that both artists were performing from separate locations?
    Yeah, multiple musicians performing remotely. It wasn't live, though; it was people doing their own parts pre-recorded, but edited together to be one cohesive thing, which is what I expect the Bowie tribute to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Would you be able to at least divulge the song(s) that was played? I completely understand not wanting to get into specifics surrounding this virtual performance (super jealous, by the way!) and I don't want to pry, but I feel like telling us the song wouldn't be too revealing (though I could be wrong). Was it something like Under Pressure? That's my guess. Regardless, I bought my ticket and am definitely looking forward to seeing what they play!!
    It's not that it's a secret so much that I feel like the more I say, the more frustrating it is that you don't get to hear it. I wanted to do a brief writeup of the experience back when it happened, but then I felt like maybe it would just be annoying to hear about it without being able to see/hear it. I only mention it now because it felt appropriate with the Bowie tribute, since now everyone will get to experience something similar in a couple months (and possibly sooner depending on what the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame thing turns out to be).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's not that it's a secret so much that I feel like the more I say, the more frustrating it is that you don't get to hear it. I wanted to do a brief writeup of the experience back when it happened, but then I felt like maybe it would just be annoying to hear about it without being able to see/hear it. I only mention it now because it felt appropriate with the Bowie tribute, since now everyone will get to experience something similar in a couple months (and possibly sooner depending on what the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame thing turns out to be).
    That's fair. And who knows, maybe the thing you had the pleasure of witnessing was a trial run of sorts of what we're all about to see with this Bowie tribute!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Bowie-related but not Bowie? Has to be Iggy Pop then

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Bowie-related but not Bowie? Has to be Iggy Pop then
    Not quite, but I think ylour'e educated enough to figure out who it must be, then.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    so effin' weird that nin.com is blocked but if I go to store.nin.com I don't have an issue.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I love that when Canadians knock off the NIN logo, they at least spend time getting the lettering right.
    Here is an other view:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Anyone grab this while it was up? Is this actually something new?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    what was it? ^

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    what was it? ^
    I followed the link to YouTube and its from NIN official, titled "head like a hole live". just a guess, but maybe its for the hall of fame broadcast.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    It was the FM Broadcast Nine Inch Nails & Foo Fighters faux that was posted and discussed earlier in the thread.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I followed the link to YouTube and its from NIN official
    No, it's the "Topic" channel which is robot-populated. A grey market release under the EU copyright loophole for "broadcast" live music. Not official.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    New Mogwai album announced with Atticus featured on one of the tracks:

https://www.xsnoize.com/mogwai-annou...e-dry-fantasy/

"Mogwai today announce the release of their tenth studio album As The Love Continues, due for release on 19 February 2021 (via Rock Action Records). The album was recorded earlier this year with producer Dave Fridmann and features contributions from Atticus Ross (track 8 “Midnight Flit”) and Colin Stetson (track 9 “Pat Stains”). As The Love Continues will arrive 25 years on from the release of the band’s debut single ‘Tuner’/’Lower’."

Still salty Before the Flood didn't have TR+AR collab directly with Mogwai. This is a step towards filling that void!

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GavinCollins420; 10-29-2020 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Words and formatting

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Pre-HOF talk from all the guys

Nine Inch Nails in Conversation
    November 6th at 11am PST
    Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Alessandro Cortini, Robin Finck, Danny Lohner, Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, Ilan Rubin and Chris Vrenna from Nine Inch Nails in a live conversation. Hosted by journalist and director David Farrier, the band members will share stories and reminisce on over 30 years of NIN.
    The live stream will be available to everyone via Nine Inch Nails Twitter, Youtube and Facebook pages.
    HBO will broadcast the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2020 induction ceremony on Nov. 7 at 8pm EST/PT, honoring inductees Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode and more. Tune in on HBO or stream on HBO Max & SiriusXM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinCollins420 View Post
    New Mogwai album announced with Atticus featured on one of the tracks:

https://www.xsnoize.com/mogwai-annou...e-dry-fantasy/

"Mogwai today announce the release of their tenth studio album As The Love Continues, due for release on 19 February 2021 (via Rock Action Records). The album was recorded earlier this year with producer Dave Fridmann and features contributions from Atticus Ross (track 8 “Midnight Flit”) and Colin Stetson (track 9 “Pat Stains”). As The Love Continues will arrive 25 years on from the release of the band’s debut single ‘Tuner’/’Lower’."

Still salty Before the Flood didn't have TR+AR collab directly with Mogwai. This is a step towards filling that void!

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk
    There was more collaboration than the credits suggest. TR said in an interview that they sent things back and forth and edited each other's work and stuff. I believe the credits are specific to who performed each song, but the actual creation of the music was a more collaborative process than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Couldn't find mention of this. Experimental composers Juçara Marçal & Cady Tenório's track 'Grande Anganga Muquixe APPEARS to sample Closer. Anyone else hear it?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragmentjunkie View Post
    Couldn't find mention of this. Experimental composers Juçara Marçal & Cady Tenório's track 'Grande Anganga Muquixe APPEARS to sample Closer. Anyone else hear it?
    Listened to it. It's awesome, but no sample.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This guy tweeted part of a review of the RRHOF showcase from Cleveland.com which is behind a paywall. Still some interesting tidbits from what I can see, really looking forward to it now

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^ Iggy, omg.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    ^^ Iggy, omg.
    that was really out of left field

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Reznor is a pretty big Iggy fan, especially stuff from The Idiot (w/Bowie). (And there's the "Closer" segment.)

Remember this?

Then Iggy also had stuff like this on that same album:

/drift
    Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Well, there is that Nightclubbing cover...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh I know Trent loves Iggy, I’ve just never heard Iggy talk about NIN

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    David Byrne introduced Radiohead, who took their name from a 1986 Heads song, “Radio Head.”

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    And let's not overlook the Iggy/Bowie connection either...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    They've shared the bill on several festivals (most recently FYF in 2017 and also with The Stooges, I believe, sometime back in 2005) but yeah... this is the first I can recall hearing Ig publicly giving props. Should be amazing!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    At least it wasn't Miley.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    At least it wasn't Miley.
    or goddamn adam levine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Listened to it. It's awesome, but no sample.
    Really? It's there! In the right channel. Occasional snippet of the Closer 'tick' and bass synth.