Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Posted this in the score thread, but it also feels worthy of NIN spotting:

TRAR won the emmy for Outstanding Music Composition For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special (Original Dramatic Score)!

Sadly they didn't win in the second category they were nominated for (Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics), but one is better than none!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My mom just sent me this, she recognized the song...
    https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/stat...45987197673473

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Posted this in the score thread, but it also feels worthy of NIN spotting:

TRAR won the emmy for Outstanding Music Composition For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special (Original Dramatic Score)!

Sadly they didn't win in the second category they were nominated for (Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics), but one is better than none!
    Eh, that jazz song never blew my mind. I'd have been GOBSMACKED if they lost the other category though. Fight Club: The Musical here we come!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

This may have been spotted last year, I don't know... but it's suddenly relevant again... talks about the music starting at 2:34.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Bonus footage from Rolling Stone of the making of that interrogation scene in Watchmen episode 1

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @WorzelG That was fantastic, thanks for posting that! I'm surprised they cut that out. Seeing them break down How the West Was Really Won was probably my favorite part of the "full" interview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Bonus footage from Rolling Stone of the making of that interrogation scene in Watchmen episode 1
    I wonder whether Trent was playing with heavy latency or just not playing along live

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tap3worm View Post
    I wonder whether Trent was playing with heavy latency or just not playing along live
    Why does it have to be with heavy latency? They were in adjacent rooms in the same studio.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Why does it have to be with heavy latency? They were in adjacent rooms in the same studio.
    His bass line just seemed a little out of whack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tap3worm View Post
    His bass line just seemed a little out of whack
    You're hearing a delay between him playing it on his mic (string sounds) to the actual distorted bass coming out of the software. It'd sound fine in the studio, but there's going to be a noticeable difference over whatever conferencing software they're using.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Those great Rolling Stone interviews about the Watchmen score are now finally on YouTube (which means I am able to download the interrogation scene one)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    That twitter post from earlier - the Youtube video was quietly placed at the bottom of the Pandemic email that went out today (For the new shirts).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    That twitter post from earlier - the Youtube video was quietly placed at the bottom of the Pandemic email that went out today (For the new shirts).

You know what kills my fucking soul? Trump supporters are just going to see this as a kickass commercial for Trump.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Rolling Stone just put out another list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. I forget what numbers they were but PHM is in like the 450's and TDS is just below the top 100. Marvin Gaye's What's Going On is number one.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    From Revolver Magazine: - 8 Things You Didn't Know about Broken

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/8-...n=UA-8316105-1

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post

I knew every single one of those things about Broken.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Articles like that aren't meant for people on here, they're meant for people scrolling through Revolver's website who see something about Broken and go "huh, what's this about?"

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I knew every single one of those things about Broken.
    Is it bad that I didn't know the bits about John Lennon and Prince?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    It sure if I ever heard him say this, or what the true story is. Any who, Richard Patrick on why he left(?) NIN...

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fi...ne-inch-nails/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post

They were really reaching on some of these. I bet you could make a list with "only song to contain [two words] and win a Grammy" on almost every song that's ever won a Grammy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    It sure if I ever heard him say this, or what the true story is. Any who, Richard Patrick on why he left(?) NIN...

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fi...ne-inch-nails/
    He just told this story recently, but the last time he told it, it was a manager, not Reznor that suggested the pizza gig. I feel like he just makes stuff up at this point. He's constantly telling conflicting stories over the years.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    He just told this story recently, but the last time he told it, it was a manager, not Reznor that suggested the pizza gig. I feel like he just makes stuff up at this point. He's constantly telling conflicting stories over the years.
    And that’s (probably) why he isn’t being inducted.
    Last edited by Erneuert; 09-23-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I don't think I'm stating anything he hasn't stated when I point out that he had problems with alcohol and cocaine, so stories from 26 years ago get a little bit of fog. I'm pretty sure the first time I read this story, he said it was Trent who suggested he get a job delivering pizzas. It is entirely possible though, that this could be something John Malm said to him, acting on behalf of Trent (whether expressing Trent's views accurately or otherwise).

Regardless of who told him to deliver pizzas for spare cash, he's been consistent about having been told that while simultaneously negotiating contracts for doing his own thing. Keep in mind also that this is before the success of The Downward Spiral, and that Trent's understanding of the business aspects of Nine Inch Nails was based almost entirely on what he was being told by a man who he later took to court over terrible business practices. Then you factor in the reality that they all talk shit to each other.

I mean, someone definitely told the guy that if he wanted more money he could deliver pizza. And then he went off and made a career for himself, and a couple of his albums even went platinum.

Richard Patrick was pretty salty about leaving NIN for quite a while, that probably didn't come out of nowhere. It's good to see that over the years that's mellowed out, and that they're friendly.

And that’s why he isn’t being inducted.
    Please don't state that like it's a fact.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Richard seems like the guy you knew and barely tolerated in middle school and by the time you are in high school you have a whole new set of friends. And you don't have any classes with him anymore and you don't talk to him anymore but once in awhile when you see him walking down the halls you just nod your head.......and yet he considers you a good friend when you barely know he's alive......

"Trent and I talk; we text all the time,"

Translation: They text probably once every 6 months. Because if they did hang out often, Richard would be announcing it and taking pictures of it. This guy is going to have "I WAS IN NINE INCH NAILS" on his gravestone

And considering how poorly received the last few Filter albums and tours were....That pizza delivery gig might be in Richard's future after all
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 09-23-2020 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    This is an interview where Rich says it was Malm who told him to deliver pizzas:

https://itun.es/us/gZ_aR.c?i=1000170202142

I feel like it probably was Malm, but it makes a better story these days if it was Trent who said it. All the rest of the details are pretty consistent from telling to telling.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Please don't state that like it's a fact.
    Edited.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    As my friend Danny Lohner from Nine Inch Nails says, the latter is like Depeche Mode on acid.

https://thequietus.com/articles/2896...e-music?page=1