Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 559

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

  1. #511
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,608
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rolling Stone book excerpt on Moog synths which include a segment on Trent. I canít seem to read the whole thing though, itís asking me to subscribe. Are Rolling Stone going behind a paywall


  2. #512
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,377
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Rolling Stone book excerpt on Moog synths which include a segment on Trent. I can’t seem to read the whole thing though, it’s asking me to subscribe. Are Rolling Stone going behind a paywall
    Full article works for me. Maybe you hit a daily limit or something?

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,237
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Rolling Stone book excerpt on Moog synths which include a segment on Trent. I can’t seem to read the whole thing though, it’s asking me to subscribe. Are Rolling Stone going behind a paywall

    "So just stand here and pretend to tweak it? Okay. You're the photographer."

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,608
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Full article works for me. Maybe you hit a daily limit or something?
    I have been watching the lubeman watchmen interview a few times - wish someone would put that on YouTube!

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    453
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/statu...35594709393409


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    969
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    kinda NIN spotting, worth noting anyway:
    cevin key of skinny puppy will be doing a video interview with Charlie Clouser on Sunday. cevin does interviews with musicians on Sundays on his patreon ($2 a month, highly worth it for the interviews and tons of unreleased music. lots of interaction with fans too which is nice ) . the interviews are usually very in depth and not the typical type of interviews you'd get from a publication. they tend to run for an hour 40 mins-2 hrs. he recently did one with Lol from the Cure that was awesome!

    I'm sure that there will be NIN talk in the interview. from his interview with Lol, it seems like Danny Lohner is mutual friends with Lol and cevin key. Key briefly mentioned NIN opening for Skinny puppy in 88 too in the interview with Lol.

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,608
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    kinda NIN spotting, worth noting anyway:
    cevin key of skinny puppy will be doing a video interview with Charlie Clouser on Sunday. cevin does interviews with musicians on Sundays on his patreon ($2 a month, highly worth it for the interviews and tons of unreleased music. lots of interaction with fans too which is nice ) . the interviews are usually very in depth and not the typical type of interviews you'd get from a publication. they tend to run for an hour 40 mins-2 hrs. he recently did one with Lol from the Cure that was awesome!

    I'm sure that there will be NIN talk in the interview. from his interview with Lol, it seems like Danny Lohner is mutual friends with Lol and cevin key. Key briefly mentioned NIN opening for Skinny puppy in 88 too in the interview with Lol.
    I’d love to hear some stories about those Skinny Puppy dates _ I heard they did not go well

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    922
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Posted this in the score thread, but it also feels worthy of NIN spotting:

    TRAR won the emmy for Outstanding Music Composition For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special (Original Dramatic Score)!

    Sadly they didn't win in the second category they were nominated for (Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics), but one is better than none!

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My mom just sent me this, she recognized the song...
    https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/stat...45987197673473

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Posted this in the score thread, but it also feels worthy of NIN spotting:

    TRAR won the emmy for Outstanding Music Composition For A Limited Series, Movie Or Special (Original Dramatic Score)!

    Sadly they didn't win in the second category they were nominated for (Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics), but one is better than none!
    Eh, that jazz song never blew my mind. I'd have been GOBSMACKED if they lost the other category though. Fight Club: The Musical here we come!

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,693
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

    A post shared by on


  12. #522
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,894
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)


    This may have been spotted last year, I don't know... but it's suddenly relevant again... talks about the music starting at 2:34.

  13. #523
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,608
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Bonus footage from Rolling Stone of the making of that interrogation scene in Watchmen episode 1


  14. #524
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,071
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    @WorzelG That was fantastic, thanks for posting that! I'm surprised they cut that out. Seeing them break down How the West Was Really Won was probably my favorite part of the "full" interview.

  15. #525
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Bonus footage from Rolling Stone of the making of that interrogation scene in Watchmen episode 1
    I wonder whether Trent was playing with heavy latency or just not playing along live

  16. #526
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,563
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tap3worm View Post
    I wonder whether Trent was playing with heavy latency or just not playing along live
    Why does it have to be with heavy latency? They were in adjacent rooms in the same studio.

  17. #527
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,587
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

  18. #528
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Why does it have to be with heavy latency? They were in adjacent rooms in the same studio.
    His bass line just seemed a little out of whack

  19. #529
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    Posts
    593
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tap3worm View Post
    His bass line just seemed a little out of whack
    You're hearing a delay between him playing it on his mic (string sounds) to the actual distorted bass coming out of the software. It'd sound fine in the studio, but there's going to be a noticeable difference over whatever conferencing software they're using.

  20. #530
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,608
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Those great Rolling Stone interviews about the Watchmen score are now finally on YouTube (which means I am able to download the interrogation scene one)


  21. #531
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That twitter post from earlier - the Youtube video was quietly placed at the bottom of the Pandemic email that went out today (For the new shirts).


  22. #532
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    LIC, NY
    Posts
    1,035
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    That twitter post from earlier - the Youtube video was quietly placed at the bottom of the Pandemic email that went out today (For the new shirts).

    You know what kills my fucking soul? Trump supporters are just going to see this as a kickass commercial for Trump.

  23. #533
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,693
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Rolling Stone just put out another list of the 500 greatest albums of all time. I forget what numbers they were but PHM is in like the 450's and TDS is just below the top 100. Marvin Gaye's What's Going On is number one.

  24. #534
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    639
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    From Revolver Magazine: - 8 Things You Didn't Know about Broken

    https://www.revolvermag.com/music/8-...n=UA-8316105-1

  25. #535
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,071
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    From Revolver Magazine: - 8 Things You Didn't Know about Broken

    https://www.revolvermag.com/music/8-...n=UA-8316105-1
    I knew every single one of those things about Broken.

  26. #536
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,365
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Articles like that aren't meant for people on here, they're meant for people scrolling through Revolver's website who see something about Broken and go "huh, what's this about?"

  27. #537
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,802
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I knew every single one of those things about Broken.
    Is it bad that I didn't know the bits about John Lennon and Prince?

  28. #538
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

  29. #539
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,799
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    It sure if I ever heard him say this, or what the true story is. Any who, Richard Patrick on why he left(?) NIN...

    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fi...ne-inch-nails/

  30. #540
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    From Revolver Magazine: - 8 Things You Didn't Know about Broken

    https://www.revolvermag.com/music/8-...n=UA-8316105-1
    They were really reaching on some of these. I bet you could make a list with "only song to contain [two words] and win a Grammy" on almost every song that's ever won a Grammy.

Posting Permissions