Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Precognitive NIN spotting... August 19th @ 10pm "The First 48" Two-thirds through the episode, the main Atlanta detective is clearly wearing a LIVE_WITH_TEETH_2006 NIN tour shirt (the episode is ©2017).
    You travelled two weeks backwards in time, and THAT'S the information you brought back with you?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

love getting yelled at by one of Canada’s finest

oh and he’s wearing a NIN shirt the entire video

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Just came in here to post that, love some Matty M.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    That dude literally has one of the most annoying voices ever. Holy shit, couldn’t make it past 30 seconds. Love that shirt though...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    OK it’s not proper NIN but things get lost in the score section so I’m posting here. Interview with David Poland. There is a bit of NIN, starting on new stuff in a few weeks. There’s a brief history of Atticus and Trent working together, mention of Tapeworm, didn’t know Atticus was also working on the Zak de la Rocha project too.

Last edited by WorzelG; 08-10-2020 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yes! Love DP/30 interviews, and Trent's interview for Gone Girl was really good, so I was hoping they would be doing another one.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    That dude literally has one of the most annoying voices ever. Holy shit, couldn’t make it past 30 seconds. Love that shirt though...
    I hear you, his personality isn;t for everybody. I love him though.

Regardless, if you can ever eat his food, do it. I ate at his spot in Toronto, Parts & Labor, that has sadly since closed. Life changing stuff.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I hear you, his personality isn;t for everybody. I love him though.

Regardless, if you can ever eat his food, do it. I ate at his spot in Toronto, Parts & Labor, that has sadly since closed. Life changing stuff.
    They made a good burger. And those basement parties were fun. It's where I realized that I was old and everyone else was young. finished my beer and went home. haha.
    Any time I watch him I keep thinking of Rip Taylor.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    P&L used to cater all our opening night parties for theatre shows in town. Damn fine charcuterie.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    This popped up on youtube:

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

38:10 He talks about The Downward Spiral and it's influence on him and Dream Theater

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

”Siri, find me the second most surprising usage of Ghosts IV 34”

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post

”Siri, find me the second most surprising usage of Ghosts IV 34”
    Watched that ad earlier not knowing about the Ghosts usage. Got me all hype! Wish I could vote for Markey...he better represents me as a senator than either of the two corrupt fucks in my state. Loved the little knife twist toward Joe Kennedy at the end too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I bought that book but I haven’t read it yet as I just don’t get time to sit and read anymore. I guess I should

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wolfgang Van Halen playing The Frail...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1295849523017707521

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thought I’d put a heads up here in case anyone wants to ask questions about Watchmen - a guy from Rolling Stone is running a Watchmen panel and asked for any questions to put to them, probably quite time critical

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    3FM and Lowlands are doing archival online streams of Lowlands performances this weekend. NIN's performance from 2013 will be broadcast this Sunday afternoon:

https://content10c1c.omroep.nl/urish...kkenschema.pdf

No idea yet if it's going to be live-only or live + on-demand. It was originally webcast only in SD. This webcast should be in HD. Stream links will be available here: https://lowlands.npo3fm.nl/

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

NIN spotting 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    3FM and Lowlands are doing archival online streams of Lowlands performances this weekend. NIN's performance from 2013 will be broadcast this Sunday afternoon:

https://content10c1c.omroep.nl/urish...kkenschema.pdf

No idea yet if it's going to be live-only or live + on-demand. It was originally webcast only in SD. This webcast should be in HD. Stream links will be available here: https://lowlands.npo3fm.nl/
    i’m having trouble with the link. do you know what time sunday? i wanna share on the hotline socials.

edit: i found it here

https://lowlands.npo3fm.nl/programma

am i correct to assume that the nin performance will stream at 6:10 pm EST on sunday?

edit2: here’s the performance on youtube. looks like decent quality

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    am i correct to assume that the nin performance will stream at 6:10 pm EST on sunday?
    Yes, I think that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    edit2: here’s the performance on youtube. looks like decent quality
    Yup, that's from the original SD broadcast stream. This will hopefully be in HD.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Yes, I think that's right.

Yup, that's from the original SD broadcast stream. This will hopefully be in HD.
    Yep... There goes another copyright strike on the archive's YT account.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    'member when Rich Fownes joined NIN? I 'member!

I hoped there was gonna be some interesting stuff in this 'interview', but it's so fucking hard to listen to this host. GTFO with your spiritual awakening bs in every question. Couldn't finish it.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Here's the direct YouTube stream for the NIN Lowlands performance later today:

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    What is this fucking shit? It's like they downloaded the SD file from @ninlive .com and then ran it through a couple more compression passes, and then upscaled it to 1080p for today's broadcast. It looked so bad that I opened up the original SD broadcast file and started running it alongside the live stream. This is what it looks like, today's broadcast on the left and original SD capture on the right:

https://imgur.com/bjopPC7

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    What is this fucking shit? It's like they downloaded the SD file from @ninlive .com and then ran it through a couple more compression passes, and then upscaled it to 1080p for today's broadcast. It looked so bad that I opened up the original SD broadcast file and started running it alongside the live stream. This is what it looks like, today's broadcast on the left and original SD capture on the right:

https://imgur.com/bjopPC7
    i’m still enjoying myself but the quality is meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Did Somebody captured NIN performance?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sickamongthepure View Post

Did Somebody captured NIN performance?
    As I mentioned above, it’s not worth it. The quality was less than the original SD broadcast from 2013, available on ninlive.com

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    'member when Rich Fownes joined NIN? I 'member!

I hoped there was gonna be some interesting stuff in this 'interview', but it's so fucking hard to listen to this host. GTFO with your spiritual awakening bs in every question. Couldn't finish it.
    I had completely forgotten about Rich Fownes! Wasn't there a bunch of behind the scenes drama around him leaving? I remember preparing to be a fan of his by proxy of the band and looking up the Eighties Matchbox Disaster and all that... Seems like he just wasn't doing a very good job and they kicked him out.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I had completely forgotten about Rich Fownes! Wasn't there a bunch of behind the scenes drama around him leaving?
    Nothing public about Rich. He was announced as the new bassist along with Robin returning. Then, when it came for the tour to begin, they were just kind of like "and featuring JMJ on bass" and that was the first we heard of the replacement, and nothing else was ever said of it.

For drama, you might be thinking of the way Eric Avery and/or Adrian Belew left the band. They both put out kind of public statements about it not working out when they left the band, and the departures were less than 3 weeks apart.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Nothing public about Rich. He was announced as the new bassist along with Robin returning. Then, when it came for the tour to begin, they were just kind of like "and featuring JMJ on bass" and that was the first we heard of the replacement, and nothing else was ever said of it.
    I think Robin was announced earlier with that Welcome Back! photo while they were working in the studio on The Slip. But yeah, Rich was only ever mentioned on the Youtube page and he confirmed it to someone after fans found his Myspace. JMJ was first mentioned when Rob posted actual photos from the rehearsals, IIRC.