Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: NIN spotting 2020

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Yup that is a nice upgrade
    Well, unfortunately, this is a mixed bag. On the one hand, the HD footage is a nice upgrade. On the other hand, there is some really weird stuff going on with it. There are a LOT of camera angles where the footage has a lot of ghosting. The ghosting is a result of frame blending, and results in frames that look like this. The reason for frame blending is if you were converting from one frame rate to another. The YouTube broadcast is delivered in 30p, so the original broadcast was probably a standard 60i. I can't imagine what they would have been shooting in that would have required converting/frame blending to 60i. Even weirder, most of the frame blended footage looks like it's upscaled SD. It would be really weird to be shooting broadcast SD in something other than 480i60, so no frame rate conversion should have been needed. The native 1080i60 shots from some camera angles look really good, especially during MotP. So I dunno what's going on with the camera angles with the frame blending.

I noticed this ghosting on my SD capture of the original broadcast from 2009. I just chalked it up to the capture or some other conversion issue. But apparently, it's endemic to the broadcast master. A shame.

None of the other 2009 performances from the Day 1 footage yesterday had this weird hybrid of camera footage and frame blending issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Well, unfortunately, this is a mixed bag. On the one hand, the HD footage is a nice upgrade. On the other hand, there is some really weird stuff going on with it. There are a LOT of camera angles where the footage has a lot of ghosting. The ghosting is a result of frame blending, and results in frames that look like this. The reason for frame blending is if you were converting from one frame rate to another. The YouTube broadcast is delivered in 30p, so the original broadcast was probably a standard 60i. I can't imagine what they would have been shooting in that would have required converting/frame blending to 60i. Even weirder, most of the frame blended footage looks like it's upscaled SD. It would be really weird to be shooting broadcast SD in something other than 480i60, so no frame rate conversion should have been needed. The native 1080i60 shots from some camera angles look really good, especially during MotP. So I dunno what's going on with the camera angles with the frame blending.

I noticed this ghosting on my SD capture of the original broadcast from 2009. I just chalked it up to the capture or some other conversion issue. But apparently, it's endemic to the broadcast master. A shame.

None of the other 2009 performances from the Day 1 footage yesterday had this weird hybrid of camera footage and frame blending issues.

What songs were played, it says private for me

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrickooo View Post
    I think it was MotP and Survivalism.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I think it was MotP and Survivalism.
    Wish was in there, too. I can't watch it anymore either, it says video is Private for me as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It was March of the Pigs, Wish, Survivalism, and The Hand That Feeds.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    It was only available for 24 hours. A rip will show up on ninlive eventually.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Jehnny Beth on what's in my bag. Shows off a couple NIN vinyl's right at the start.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Shows off a couple NIN vinyl's right at the start.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Oh shit, I triggered the beast.......

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just got this fuzz pedal from Germany. It’s a noisy little fucker (even came with earplugs and a couple stickers)...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Jehnny Beth on what's in my bag. Shows off a couple NIN vinyl's right at the start.
    vynil's*

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Precognitive NIN spotting... August 19th @ 10pm "The First 48" Two-thirds through the episode, the main Atlanta detective is clearly wearing a LIVE_WITH_TEETH_2006 NIN tour shirt (the episode is ©2017).

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Precognitive NIN spotting... August 19th @ 10pm "The First 48" Two-thirds through the episode, the main Atlanta detective is clearly wearing a LIVE_WITH_TEETH_2006 NIN tour shirt (the episode is ©2017).
    You travelled two weeks backwards in time, and THAT'S the information you brought back with you?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Interesting about what the HOF is doing for the NIN Exhibit. Hopefully someone can capture it once it gets realized

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...tallation.html

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Interesting about what the HOF is doing for the NIN Exhibit. Hopefully someone can capture it once it gets realized

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...tallation.html
    Behind a paywall, so here’s the relevant part:

The Rock Hall’s curatorial staff worked with frontman Trent Reznor and his team to create a unique installation inside the exhibit that honors NIN’s iconic, mud-covered performance at Woodstock ’94.”

Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Copied and pasted the entire article

Rock Hall’s 2020 Inductee Exhibit to feature eye-popping Nine Inch Nails installation

Updated 8:03 AM; Today 8:03 AM

Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails performs at Woodstock '94.ASSOCIATED PRESS

By Troy L. Smith, Cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’s 2020 Inductee Exhibit will feature flashy outfits from Whitney Houston and The Notorious B.I.G., as well as rare artifacts from Depeche Mode and T. Rex, among others. But there’s a surprise element that could have Nine Inch Nails diehards heading to the Cleveland museum when the exhibit opens on Aug. 14.
    The Rock Hall’s curatorial staff worked with frontman Trent Reznor and his team to create a unique installation inside the exhibit that honors NIN’s iconic, mud-covered performance at Woodstock ’94.

Those are all the details the Rock Hall is willing to offer about the installation a week before the exhibit opens. Fans will have to visit the museum to see the results for themselves.

The 2020 Inductee Exhibit arrives amid a bumpy road for the Class of 2020, which includes Nine Inch Nails, Houston, The Notorious B.I.G., Depeche Mode, T. Rex, The Doobie Brothers, and music managers Irving Azoff and Jon Landau.

The group was originally set to be honored at a May 2 ceremony in Cleveland. However, the event was pushed back to November and eventually canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Class of 2020 will instead be celebrated during a special airing Nov. 7 on HBO and HBO Max. Meanwhile, the Inductee Exhibit, one of the museum’s most popular showcases each year, lives on.

“It has been a unique time to be working at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,” says museum curator Amanda Pecsenye. “We’ve been having to temporarily quarantine packages when they arrive so they can be cleansed. They’ll sit for a few days before they’re unpacked and we can do inventory.”

Some of the items that arrived in those packages for the Inductee Exhibit are pretty cool. The museum secured two gowns worn by Houston early in her career. The dresses were designed by Marc Bouwer, who put together several outfits for Houston, including her 1992 wedding dress.

Other artifacts featured include a tunic worn by Marc Bolan during the recording of T. Rex’s album “Tanx,” a suit Patrick Simmons donned during The Doobie Brothers’ 1974 Knebworth Festival and Martin Gore of Depeche Mode’s star-shaped guitar. Pecsenye says the museum was able to secure multiple artifacts from each of this year’s inductees.

One of the items taking up the most space in the Inductee Exhibit is a stylish, tan jacket worn by The Notorious B.I.G. Readers of XXL Magazine will recognize it from the cover of a special tribute issue the magazine put out honoring Biggie.
    “Biggie was one of the first hip hop guys to elevate the street style and combine it with designer style,” Pecsenye says. “As his name suggests, he was a big guy. But he had big style as well.”

The 2020 Inductee Exhibit isn’t the only taste of the inductions fans can get from the Rock Hall currently. The museum recently launched “All-Access: Induction Photography by Kevin Mazur.” The virtual exhibit features performance photos and backstage portraits from 35 years of induction ceremonies.

The photos include megastars like The Rolling Stones, Aretha Franklin, Chuck Berry, Pearl Jam and others. The images come with special audio commentary by Mazur, including his recounting of Prince’s iconic guitar solo on “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” at the 2004 ceremony. A physical version of “All-Access” will open at the museum in November to coincide with the Class of 2020 HBO special.