Page 46 of 113 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Trump is trying to shift the blame for early inaction onto Woodward

He's really trying to "argue" that it was Woodward's responsibility to ring the alarms back then. Even if that's TRUE, the last person who can say that is Trump. Really, "why didn't you warn people about me back when I revealed what an egregiously irresponsible leader I was? Like, when I told you I was awful and doing the wrong thing and lying to everyone, why didn't you rat me out then? What's wrong with you?"

Meanwhile, Tucker Carlson is trying to shift the blame for the Woodward interviews to Lindsey Graham for setting up the meetings... yeah, it's Lindsey Graham's fault that Trump willingly sat down for 19 interviews and said what he said into a fucking microphone. Sorry Tucker, this isn't going to float.
    the weird thing about this story is that anyone who was paying attention in february, march, april and may knows he was downplaying the virus. he didn’t even pretend to care about masks until june.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    the weird thing about this story is that anyone who was paying attention in february, march, april and may knows he was downplaying the virus. he didn’t even pretend to care about masks until june.
    And even then, he made it seem like he was being dragged kicking and screaming into actually putting a mask on a couple times. He never urged governors to push mask mandates, he pushed against that... and his cult listened to him when he downplayed it. They didn't want to be scared of the democratic hoax. And then he held indoor rallies. It's just insane.

So sure, I knew he was downplaying the severity of this and that he was lying, but I always suspect that he's lying. I don't trust a goddamn thing he says. There are people who follow his every word though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    As I said it's hard to follow tweet threads now but this post I think is the one that lays out the main idea:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

so why not a third and fourth impeachment?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ.

Can the republicans rescind his nomination? Or is it too late for that?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Jesus Christ.

Can the republicans rescind his nomination? Or is it too late for that?
    But why would they tho. He hasn't done anything wrong ever ever ever? He's the most truthiness president in the long history of EARTH.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    this is just absurd... why would he say these things?!?!?!

Everyone who hates him already suspected this to be true, but now we have audio receipts, and WHYYYYY?! this feels like that time OJ wrote a book about "what if I did it?" Surely Trump realized that these statements would find their way into the book. Did he really not think this stuff was damning?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    this is just absurd... why would he say these things?!?!?!

Everyone who hates him already suspected this to be true, but now we have audio receipts, and WHYYYYY?! this feels like that time OJ wrote a book about "what if I did it?" Surely Trump realized that these statements would find their way into the book. Did he really not think this stuff was damning?
    I was reading that a lot of the calls for the interviews came from Trump late at night, I wonder if he was just coked out of his head, made the calls and then just ran his mouth and maybe doesn't even remember saying it????

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was reading that a lot of the calls for the interviews came from Trump late at night, I wonder if he was just coked out of his head, made the calls and then just ran his mouth and maybe doesn't even remember saying it????
    I read that this is more than likely and also the reason he could pass a possible lie detector test: he has no clue he said these things and is why he lies so much. It's not so much a lie by knowledge but rather a lie by forgetting what he's said in the past.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump just said "Dr Fauci said we saved hundreds of thousands of lives by putting the ban on China"

NO. HE. FUCKING. DID. NOT.

He never ever fucking said that. GODDAMN this lying fucking LIAR. Also, the CDC said your ban on travel from China was ultimately ineffective and accomplished pretty much nothing.

OMG... now he's talking about Clinton, and what the hell is even going on anymore. I don't even remember what the question was anymore! Wow this meandering "greatest hits" thing is just unsettling at this point. He just praised every propaganda talking head on Fox in some pointless list... and he just won't shut up and what the hell are we talking about now?!
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-10-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Speaking of masks, I can't get this out of my head. Him saying he likes how he looked in a mask, like the Lone Ranger. Like that's all that matters.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I apologize, my sentence probably wasn't clear.

One of the articles I read did specify that Trump called Woodward late at night for many of these recordings. The guess about being coked out of his head came from another thread someone posted with analysis of fragments of white substance coming out of his mouth that suggest heavy drug abuse.

It was me guessing based on two different things I've read about Trump.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    And my post was condensing a twitter thread of analysis of the Trump recordings + his past history of in-general spaciness regarding what he's actually said vs. what he thinks he's said.

so neither of us could help you out, sorry about that.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I know some of you don't like Chris Cillizza but sometimes, he gets it just right. Here's the link to an article he wrote about why Trump gave Bob Woodward 18 interviews for his new book:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/polit...ard/index.html

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Holy shit

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    silver lining: at least she knows she's living in an alternate reality?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Speaking of masks, I can't get this out of my head. Him saying he likes how he looked in a mask, like the Lone Ranger. Like that's all that matters.

I love her. She's hilarious. Her videos truly highlight the insanity of his statements.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Holy shit

Is there anyone here who is good enough with computers that they could just shut the internet down completely? How would one go about bringing technology to its knees worldwide?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Is there anyone here who is good enough with computers that they could just shut the internet down completely? How would one go about bringing technology to its knees worldwide?
    YouTube HAS to get a GIANT enema by Alphabet, for sure. Like, TODAY.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    HOLY SHIT... that person basically just admitted that if Biden wins, he's going to murder-suicide his family! Arrest this fucking person... call CPS! That is not acceptable stuff to say.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    real quick google search brings up her insta which says she's involved in lularoe.

which actually explains a lot.
    LuLaRoe is a United States-based multi-level marketing company that sells women's clothing.
    edit: https://www.pajiba.com/politics/we-a...hechildren.php

Last week, Buzzfeed made the decision to stop referring to QAnon as a “conspiracy theory” and start referring to it as a “collective delusion.”
    huh, I did not know that. interesting decision.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-11-2020 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    real quick google search brings up her insta which says she's involved in lularoe.

which actually explains a lot.
    Nearly all of those Sister Wives are selling LuLaRoe. It's a fugly clothing Ponzi scheme, like Amway but with polyester.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    See also: Crying 'Pedophile' is the Oldest Propaganda Trick in the Book

The far-right trolls accusing Tom Hanks of pedophilia aren’t original. They’re just the latest propagandists borrowing a tactic that long, long predates the internet.

Believers in the QAnon conspiracy hold that President Trump is a “brilliant four-dimensional chess player” using the Mueller investigation as a smokescreen to root out the murderous, Satanic, pedophilic deep state. (It’s a Trump-era catchall conspiracy: Pizzagate + Seth Rich + the Illuminati.) Hanks is the QAnon conspiracists' perfect target: A Hollywood A-lister who donates to Democrats and has been shielded from moral censure by monogamy and his preternaturally wholesome dad routine—until now. And QAnon has done what they do best: Trumpet the unconfirmed revelation until suddenly, in the eyes of internet search algorithms at least, Tom Hanks, America’s uncomplicated, unproblematic favorite, is a pedophile.

Cooler heads will remember that Hanks is innocent until proven guilty, and there is scant proof to work with here; yet, somewhere a conspiracy theorist is very pleased that you’re suddenly, automatically feeling a little suspicious. All the debunkings in the world won’t extinguish that initial spark of suspicion, and that’s exactly the point.

Hanks is only the most recent protagonist in a spate of high-profile pedophilia accusations levied by far-right commentators. Many, like Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn’s, have been championed by the same citizen sleuths who powered Pizzagate, the unfounded theory that Clinton-linked DC elites ran a child sex-trafficking ring out of a pizzeria. But while crying "pedophile" is a trollish smear many now associate with the digital wing of the American extreme right, the tactic isn’t native to a particular ideology, and long, long predates the internet.

Alleging that your enemy preys upon children is an ancient propaganda tool that’s been used by everyone from medieval Catholics to the Soviet Union. It’s a powerful indictment because it trades on fundamental human fears. It’s designed to otherize the opposition and sabotage any sympathy you might have for them. It’s a ubiquitous tactic because it works.

It’s easy to piece together how this strategy emerged: Someone figured out which crime their society viewed as most morally reprehensible and went with that—the unforgivable act that almost always involves kids. “Children represent the most sacred ideals any society can have,” says Margaret Peacock, a historian at the University of Alabama who has written about the role children play in propaganda. “They represent the future.” Because humans are biologically wired to protect their offspring, painting your enemy as a defiler of innocence and a threat to the next generation instantly dehumanizes them. And because many societies see pedophiles as not just monstrous but irredeemably so, this charge provides endless opportunities to justify mistreating the group accused of it.

Establishing your opposition as a subhuman beast has been justification for the harshest forms of retaliation. Throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, European Jews were accused of kidnapping Christian children to use their blood in religious rituals; Also throughout the 19th and mid-20th centuries, European Jews were the victims of pogroms and the Holocaust. Where false pedophilia charges go, genocide and repression follow. (A related strategy: Far-right commentators such as Ann Coulter have accused refugees of preying upon children as a way to justify not aiding these groups as they flee deadly, oppressive situations.)

Barely a decade later, the threat of child predation helped rationalize the Cold War, on both sides. The Soviet Union condemned capitalism by suggesting that the US was so reluctant to use social services that its children were forced into lives of crime and prostitution. Over in the US, communism was the real thief of childhood, transforming children into brainwashed robots capable of turning their own parents over to the state for crimes such as hoarding grain. There’s likely some truth to these tales on either side, which is why propagandists chose them: Keeping the focus on mistreated children keeps people from wondering about whether they’re wholly true. The anger stirred by these stories helped keep millions and millions of people on the brink of nuclear destruction because the consequences of allowing the other side to remain unchecked was unthinkable.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-12-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I love her. She's hilarious. Her videos truly highlight the insanity of his statements.
    Same, she’s amazing!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    don't take the bait though... Babylon Bee is a Christian/Rightwing version of The Onion

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/babylon-bee/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    was on 5th ave in NYC last week, a beautiful day for a walk with my gf. we were soaking it all in, and then I said, "wow, look at all those barricades and police across the street, what's going on? " she was equally confused. then I look up and saw the sign: "trump tower" . it was literally all blocked off like a moat outside of a castle or something. made me sick.

it was nice seeing the Black Lives Matter street art right outside though!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    If I went to a wedding and it was like this for ANY politician or celebrity or anything, I'd run away screaming.