Page 45 of 113 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    NIN fans are a type - typically college educated, middle-class strivers - and as such almost uniformly liberal in the American sense. And as American liberalism is, functionally, the representative ideology of the left-wing of Capital, without any internal coherence other than that required to service its faction of Capital, it's pretty easy to push those buttons.
    So... you are admitting you're just trolling?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    So... you are admitting you're just trolling?
    With Facts and Logic.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm no Marx scholar, but assuming you're right that from the perspective of this quite abstract political theory, Trump and Biden are effectively equivalent, I don't know that this point is as interesting or relevant as you seem to think it is. The idea, in a nutshell, is just that a certain political theory, which has no realistic prospect of ever being implemented, taxonomises things in a certain way. Perhaps in a thread about that theory, or political theory more generally, this might be an interesting or relevant point, but in this thread it's little more than trivia. From the political perspective occupied by the majority of participants to this discussion, Biden and Trump clearly differ significantly; from the political perspective that you're attempting to occupy, they do not. The disagreement here doesn't really turn on anything to do with Biden and Trump, but on a clash of political perspectives, and a thread explicitly focused on Trump doesn't really seem (to me, at least) like a good venue for that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    In other way more disgusting news.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    if you hate capitalism so much, why live in a country that supports it?
    What are you suggesting? Gain citizenship/a work permit in another country? Sounds like that "love it or leave it" nonsense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    What are you suggesting? Gain citizenship/a work permit in another country? Sounds like that "love it or leave it" nonsense.
    American liberals are functional conservatives. Every single time.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    He’s right about Jimmy Carter, though. Carter was a terrible President. He deregulated a ton of shit. Sure, he put solar panels on the White House and was pretty cheap, but there were SO many instances where he was, in fact, as bad as Reagan in many ways.

But this thread is about TRUMP. Anything drifting outside of that topic is drift.

In the Olden Days, we got warning bars and then got use limits for drift violations. Not saying we need to go back there (the drift was SOOOO excessive back then), but we should keep topics on track or start new threads.

Edit: The more ALL OF YOU engage with him in this drift, the more YOU are contributing to the problem.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-08-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Nope.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    no, his response proved my point: you can't live anywhere in the world without capitalism involved.

his fantasy world will never exist. must drive him mad.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quiet, you.

Back to talking about our Large Adult Son.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It's pretty damning stuff, but like everything else this moron says, we'll see if it actually sticks or gets tossed aside.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It's pretty damning stuff, but like everything else this moron says, we'll see if it actually sticks or gets tossed aside.
    Probably most of his supporters will dismiss it as "fake news" or he misspoke, or make up some excuse. But hopefully it hurts him a little in the polls. Trump has a narrow path to 270 as is, a loss here and there could really do some damage.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Today's news cycle is even more overwhelming than the typical. < click >

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Oh God, is it November yet.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-09-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    every day, I have a growing anxiety and unease that he will win again, regardless of what happens between now and Nov.

I need convincing that he will not cheat his way to victory, or just outright win. I think Biden's the one with the uphill battle still, not Trump.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    every day, I have a growing anxiety and unease that he will win again, regardless of what happens between now and Nov.

I need convincing that he will not cheat his way to victory, or just outright win. I think Biden's the one with the uphill battle still, not Trump.
    same. i keep getting triggered by the yard signs and bumper stickers. whhhy god why does he have any support whatsoever? it makes no sense. everything about him is unamerican.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    same. i keep getting triggered by the yard signs and bumper stickers. whhhy god why does he have any support whatsoever? it makes no sense. everything about him is unamerican.
    There are some other music boards where I lurk, where the fan base is mostly White guys in their 50's, and they defend Trump over everything. It's like the upside down--like they live in a different universe.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Saw my first MAGA face mask today.

Just let the California fires overtake the whole country. Burn it all down.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    one of my black friends posted a pic of an old white guy wearing a "Black Lives MAGA" shirt. my friend wasn't sure if it was meant to be an compliment, or a failed insult. I'm guessing the latter.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Saw my first MAGA face mask today.

Just let the California fires overtake the whole country. Burn it all down.
    Trump could have gone on TV in February and told the truth about the coronavirus, and then gone around with his MAGA mask, telling people to wear masks and stay six feet apart for a while. His base would have loved it and right now he could be sitting at a 52% approval rating, cruising to reelection. I still wouldn't have voted for him but I would give him credit for avoiding a disaster.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    one of my black friends posted a pic of an old white guy wearing a "Black Lives MAGA" shirt. my friend wasn't sure if it was meant to be an compliment, or a failed insult. I'm guessing the latter.
    i saw this pic too and i also can’t tell if it’s sarcastic or complementary. i say we just assume this person supports BLM and think they will make america great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump is trying to shift the blame for early inaction onto Woodward

He's really trying to "argue" that it was Woodward's responsibility to ring the alarms back then. Even if that's TRUE, the last person who can say that is Trump. Really, "why didn't you warn people about me back when I revealed what an egregiously irresponsible leader I was? Like, when I told you I was awful and doing the wrong thing and lying to everyone, why didn't you rat me out then? What's wrong with you?"

Meanwhile, Tucker Carlson is trying to shift the blame for the Woodward interviews to Lindsey Graham for setting up the meetings... yeah, it's Lindsey Graham's fault that Trump willingly sat down for 19 interviews and said what he said into a fucking microphone. Sorry Tucker, this isn't going to float.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    My husband and I were talking politics with my in-laws last night during dinner - and they believe if Trumps wins again, there will be a huge uproar of protests and demonstrations from the people who are anti-Trump/Democrats/liberals more so than if Biden were to win, there would only be a small percentage of protests and demonstrations from Trump fans/Republicans/radical rights.

I don't know...I think it'll be pretty equal, or at least the Trump fans will definitely be the ones who will more so lose their shit.

I hope nothing happens, scary to think about.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Trump is trying to shift the blame for early inaction onto Woodward

He's really trying to "argue" that it was Woodward's responsibility to ring the alarms back then. Even if that's TRUE, the last person who can say that is Trump. Really, "why didn't you warn people about me back when I revealed what an egregiously irresponsible leader I was? Like, when I told you I was awful and doing the wrong thing and lying to everyone, why didn't you rat me out then? What's wrong with you?"

Meanwhile, Tucker Carlson is trying to shift the blame for the Woodward interviews to Lindsey Graham for setting up the meetings... yeah, it's Lindsey Graham's fault that Trump willingly sat down for 19 interviews and said what he said into a fucking microphone. Sorry Tucker, this isn't going to float.
    but if it directs some Republican ire at LG I'm all for it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    My husband and I were talking politics with my in-laws last night during dinner - and they believe if Trumps wins again, there will be a huge uproar of protests and demonstrations from the people who are anti-Trump/Democrats/liberals more so than if Biden were to win, there would only be a small percentage of protests and demonstrations from Trump fans/Republicans/radical rights.

I don't know...I think it'll be pretty equal, or at least the Trump fans will definitely be the ones who will more so lose their shit.

I hope nothing happens, scary to think about.
    one side is much more heavily armed than the other so size is relative. 😬

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Exactly, that's what I was saying - but they didn't seem to thing that they will be shootin' their guns around.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

twitter threads are much harder to read now but this one lays a lot out.