Page 73 of 113 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Sidney Powell and Rudy are such fucking dopey clowns.

Why are we permitting this shit show to happen? We shouldn’t even be humoring these fascist turds; especially in courts.

The orange diaper baby lost. Go the fuck home to Mar-A-Lago and wait for NYC to indict your dumb broke ass.

@allegro How are any of these ridiculous law suits permitted to go anywhere? If they don’t have evidence why are they able to just waste time and money here? Now they’re suing people for doing their jobs.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

every time I see Dinesh's name I think of my co-worker who thinks that he's smart. It hurts me inside.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    @allegro How are any of these ridiculous law suits permitted to go anywhere? If they don’t have evidence why are they able to just waste time and money here? Now they’re suing people for doing their jobs.
    You've probably noticed that they aren't going anywhere. Powell is blabbing about a bunch of "evidence" on television (mostly internet conspiracy theories) but hasn't presented any evidence in court. When you don't present sufficient evidence in the fraud complaint, the complaint is tossed out.

The Pennsylvania suit was tossed with prejudice (meaning it cannot be re-filed) by a judge who's a member of the Federalist Society.

Fraud cases must follow the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, particularly strict scrutiny and Rule 9(b) which requires "particularity" of circumstance (who, what, when, where, how) as well as conditions of mind (malice and intent) proving that it wasn't an error.

Note that the Gore v Bush SCOTUS case is not precedent (equal protection) because Justice O'Connor purposely included language in the opinion that the opinion was NOT to be considered precedent.

The Michigan situation is interesting because Trump wants an audit before the certification, except Michigan law specifies that an audit cannot occur until after certification.

This is just awful, all of it. To me, it looks like a bloodless coup. Trump is bad enough, but the Republicans who are backing him make it worse. It's not that they are spineless; they aren't; they WANT him to stay in power, at all costs, even if the end result means the loss of election integrity and trust forever. Trump swore to uphold the Constitution, but he's now doing everything to undermine voters' votes.

The idiot is pissed that auditors can't "check signatures" on the envelopes of absentee ballots during audits.

What the FUCK is THAT supposed to do? The envelopes aren't attached to any BALLOTS. You don't know for whom that envelope voted!!

The envelopes come in, the signatures on the envelopes are checked against the logs and then - if they MATCH - the ballot (which contains NO SIGNATURE) is removed from the envelope and SEPARATED FROM THE ENVELOPE, deliberately, because VOTING IS PRIVATE.

Voting booths are PRIVATE, too.

When you vote in person, you sign a log and a voting judge checks it against your signature on record. You then go into a booth and your IDENTITY IS NOT KNOWN IN THAT BOOTH.

Trump somehow thinks that the envelope with the person's signature is stapled to the ballots or something. Because Trump IS A FUCKING MORON.

And his supporters are EVEN DUMBER. They're circulating YouTube videos on Twitter, losing their shit because the vids are showing election workers shredding envelopes. I commented on Twitter that this is perfectly legal. Someone responded "only after a set amount of time." I responded, "cite the GA law." She couldn't. I responded, "because the ballots are PRIVATE, you NEVER SIGN BALLOTS, your envelope CANNOT be traced back to ballots AND THAT IS INTENTIONAL."

Silence.

Duh.

There are all these Q people, especially from other countries, all over Twitter, "They stole Trump's Presidency, now we will steal Biden's."

Except they spent 8 years harassing Obama (they're still on there claiming Obama was born in Kenya, runs a pedo ring, etc.) and they spent 8 years before THAT harassing Bill Clinton, and Hillary, too, relentlessly. Before that, they were evil to Jimmy Carter and his family.

Republicans want a fucking Banana Republic. That’s no exaggeration, it’s reality.

Meanwhile, Trump just ordered a recount in Georgia, which he can do because the margin was so slim. Except Georgia just did a hand-counted audit, which is more accurate than a machine recount. This recount will be at the cost of Georgia taxpayers, and risks the workers getting Covid (again).

And I hope this really motivates Georgia Democrats to vote in the two Democratic Senators on January 5th.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-23-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

every time I see Dinesh's name I think of my co-worker who thinks that he's smart. It hurts me inside.
    That actually gave me the perfect image in my head for how Trump will leave office in January:

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Trump filed suit against the six Nevada electors in an attempt to stop them from voting for Biden.
    How is this a thing that's happening? Why aren't more people mad? Is it because everyone who is furious has already been furious for four years? Is it really that dumb? Is that why they think they can get away with this?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

You know, it's been a dark morning and this helped.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    How is this a thing that's happening? Why aren't more people mad? Is it because everyone who is furious has already been furious for four years? Is it really that dumb? Is that why they think they can get away with this?
    Look what he Trump did in Michigan this weekend! Invited the Republican leaders of the Michigan House and Senate to the White House (while Covid is raging in Michigan and another shutdown is inevitable). They accepted, FLEW COMMERCIAL, then attended a party at the Trump Hotel in D.C. complete with champagne toasts all around.

Michigan Electors MUST vote for whomever won the popular vote in Michigan - UNLESS MICHIGAN LEGISLATORS CHANGE THE LAW.

Oh, no signs of impropriety THERE. Wtf.

Republican Congress and the Republican state legislators across the country are controlling the show - and SUPPORTED BY THEIR CONSTITUENTS - in the interest of upholding this system which is slowly (more rapidly, lately) approaching a Banana Republic, and that is not an exaggeration. The VERY relatively few progressives on the left will be shut down via LAW AND ORDER and flagrant cheating and suppression in order to keep this plutocracy intact.

Trump and team DID fire Q Anon lawyer Sidney Powell over the weekend.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-23-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the fact that there was even this Qanon LAWYER... like, what kind of FUCKING LAWYER is into Qanon?! Where did they even find her? This is so insane

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this seems like a level of self-awareness we could have used three/four years ago.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Michigan voted to certify earlier despite one abstain vote. Suck it, Shinkle.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    y'know, I wasn't very enthusiastic about Biden, just any port in a storm... but really, he's got a great "eat shit motherfucker" smile, and he can't seem to stop doing it, and I'm starting to feel like he's just what we all need right now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

is that a concession?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

is that a concession?
    Jesus fuck, it's happening!!!!!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    he'll say something totally opposite later tonight or tomorrow. we know how he works by now.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I think at this point he knows it's over, and he's looking for the best way to walk out of the room. He knows the whole conspiracy theory stuff isn't going to fly, and now he just wants to embarrass himself as little as he can so he can launch his TV network or whatever. He knows the president thing is over.

I just hope there's something out there that reminds him, constantly, you're one of only 10 incumbents who lost re-election... you're the only one to lose the popular vote twice, and both times you broke a record there. There's a lot of dumbasses out there that love you, but you know you secretly think they're morons. I want someone to just remind him constantly that he's a loser who lost harder than ANY human being has ever lost, and I hope they never let him forget it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Jesus fuck, it's happening!!!!!!
    He will never concede, but I'm guessing we will see a tweet like this:

I WON THE ELECTION, BIG! BUT BECAUSE OF FRAUD IN DEMOCRAT STATES, THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN. BIGGEST SCANDAL EVER IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY. FOR THE GOOD OF OUR COUNTRY I WILL ALLOW SLEEPY JOE TO ASSUME OFFICE, BUT I WILL RUN AGAIN IN 2024 AND I WILL WIN MAGA!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    He will never concede, but I'm guessing we will see a tweet like this:

I WON THE ELECTION, BIG! BUT BECAUSE OF FRAUD IN DEMOCRAT STATES, THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN. BIGGEST SCANDAL EVER IN THE HISTORY OF OUR COUNTRY. FOR THE GOOD OF OUR COUNTRY I WILL ALLOW SLEEPY JOE TO ASSUME OFFICE, BUT I WILL RUN AGAIN IN 2024 AND I WILL WIN MAGA!
    Good enough for me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think at this point he knows it's over, and he's looking for the best way to walk out of the room. He knows the whole conspiracy theory stuff isn't going to fly, and now he just wants to embarrass himself as little as he can so he can launch his TV network or whatever. He knows the president thing is over.

I just hope there's something out there that reminds him, constantly, you're one of only 10 incumbents who lost re-election... you're the only one to lose the popular vote twice, and both times you broke a record there. There's a lot of dumbasses out there that love you, but you know you secretly think they're morons. I want someone to just remind him constantly that he's a loser who lost harder than ANY human being has ever lost, and I hope they never let him forget it.
    You forgot the fact that he's one of only three US presidents to be formally impeached by Congress! (four if you count Nixon, who only faced impeachment inquiries and resigned before he could actually be impeached)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

I want someone to spit in his fucking face one day. Take the hit and get arrested, b/c you'll be a fucking hero to most of the planet.

I also want him to be be found guilty of at least one significant thing, whether it be one of the million things he did while in office, the tax related stuff by the state of NY, or even the civil cases by the women he assaulted. I know he won't ever go to jail, but I want him found guilty for something and to get some sort of punishment. This goes for everyone in his orbit too. They need to be prosecuted for everything. Biden better not get in the way, but he prolly will b/c he fucking sucks too.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    and, right on que, he's back to tweeting conspiracy theories and "I concede nothing"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I hope that Biden understands that if he takes a soft stance on anything over the past four years he's not only going to lose the next election, he's going to lose it for the Democrats as a whole.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I hope that Biden understands that if he takes a soft stance on anything over the past four years he's not only going to lose the next election, he's going to lose it for the Democrats as a whole.
    100%, and I think everyone's on board with that. He literally got more votes than any other president in history.

I'm sure someone out there would chime in with "but Trump got almost as many" but you know what? He lost, and fuck your feelings snowflake.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It would actually be more than a little hilarious if enough people wrote Trump in for the GA election that he went from President to Senator. I wonder if they think he'd actually show up for work?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    It would actually be more than a little hilarious if enough people wrote Trump in for the GA election that he went from President to Senator. I wonder if they think he'd actually show up for work?
    ha but no. fuck that. we already have loeffler.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yaaaaaaaay!

I'm fucking thrilled.

Transition process is officially beginning. Of course, Captain Asshole is going to keep pushing his conspiracy theories, and leave one last massive shit stain on the chair of the office, the constitution, and the United States in general.

But, still! It's happening! YEEEAH! We did it!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Biden is announcing cabinet nominees, live, right now!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    And little did the little-winkied orange man know, all his “COVID will magically go away” mantra was actually in reference to himself. And we lived happily ever after. Except his lawyer, who drowned in a pool of his own cheap hair dye.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Mike Flynn just got a full pardon. No big surprise there.