Page 60 of 113 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Biden has already been to Wisconsin, Michigan and Florida.
    he has. one last return visit to each won't hurt though. as crazy as it sounds, there are still undecided voters.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    exactly. strong democratic voter turn out in swing states is what we need. Biden can win the popular vote by even more than Hillary did and still lose.
    Oh my god... if that happens, I don't know what's going to happen, but I think people will justifiably lose their fucking minds.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    my concern is that Republicans have had a higher new registrations amount since the primaries as well as the fact that in MI and WI there have been more requests by Republicans than Democrats for mail in ballots (when that wasn't what was anticipated- many felt there'd be more Democrats requesting mail ins) .

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    he has. one last return visit to each won't hurt though. as crazy as it sounds, there are still undecided voters.
    No there aren't. Not buying that bullshit.

my concern is that Republicans have had a higher new registrations amount since the primaries as well as the fact that in MI and WI there have been more requests by Republicans than Democrats for mail in ballots (when that wasn't what was anticipated- many felt there'd be more Democrats requesting mail ins) .
    All of this is changing daily.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    No there aren't. Not buying that bullshit.

All of this is changing daily.
    I wish I wasn't buying it either. sadly, I have met some of those people.

there are a lot of out of touch people in this country. I wish there wasn't.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The inner city charter schools around here are a joke. They change their names like banks. They use half (or less) of a 70 year old school building and only pay to repave the blacktop. It's something like 24 kids, so the waiting lists are ridiculous and kids that should get in are often turned down.
    There are a couple of really good podcasts I always point people to when they ask about public education in the US. The first is the two episodes on This American Life named The Problem we all Live With. There is also a new podcast miniseries called Nice White Parents that I have started recommending.

Both of these podcasts provide a lot of data and historical context that really helped me understand where the problems came from and how to fix them (as you hinted at, charter schools dont really help and often hurt kids).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I tried and failed to come up with something pithy here. I apologize.

Fucking idiot.

A Dutch security researcher says he accessed President Trump’s @realDonaldTrump Twitter account last week by guessing his password: “maga2020!”.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I tried and failed to come up with something pithy here. I apologize.

Fucking idiot.
    You mean I could have hacked his Twitter any time I wanted to and just been tweeting poo poo, pee pee over and over again this whole time?

Of course he would have that password. Of course he would. Im actually surprised its not just password

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't know why but I've got a feeling the Orange Idiot is going to be so frustrated about the closed mic thing that he's going to walk out of the debate.

I'll be watching for sure. Whatever happens, I'm not missing it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    My optimistic side wants to believe that there's a bunch of sensible Republicans who are eager to correct this mistake.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    My optimistic side wants to believe that there's a bunch of sensible Republicans who are eager to correct this mistake.
    I actually like this outlook. this gave me a reason to smile today, thank you!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Same old, same old. Trump doesn't have a plan about anything. Biden has ideas, at least.

Blah, blah, blah, word salad, it's not my fault, I'm the best at everything, I was first on the Moon and on the same day, I was the first to summit Mount Everest.

"I KNOW DIFFERENT PLACES, PEOPLE!"

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so this is just Trump making baseless accusations, and Biden having to say "that's not true" over and over again? This sucks.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so this is just Trump making baseless accusations, and Biden having to say "that's not true" over and over again? This sucks.
    Pretty much. Biden did say that he would not rule out fracking, though. This will make Mark Ruffalo angry because he's against fracking and we know what happens when he gets angry...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think Biden wiped the floor with Trump. I feel his only misstep was on oil at the end. (even though I agree with what he said about it )

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Anyone else notice when they were talking about the kids in the detention center and (forgive me for not having the clip so I am paraphrasing here) and Biden said something to the fact 500+ kids are without their parents and have no where to go and trump could be heard saying Good while the moderator was talking? Jesus fucking Christ this guy has no shame!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Anyone else notice when they were talking about the kids in the detention center and (forgive me for not having the clip so I am paraphrasing here) and Biden said something to the fact “500+ kids are without their parents and have no where to go” and trump could be heard saying “Good” while the moderator was talking? Jesus fucking Christ this guy has no shame!
    Didn't notice that part, but the part where Biden briefly misspoke and said "Where is this guy from?" and then quickly corrected to "Where Does this guy get his info from", but Trump's stupid fucking ass blurts out "QUEENS".

Like... I laughed so loud at that. What an absolute idiot.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Anyone else notice when they were talking about the kids in the detention center and (forgive me for not having the clip so I am paraphrasing here) and Biden said something to the fact “500+ kids are without their parents and have no where to go” and trump could be heard saying “Good” while the moderator was talking? Jesus fucking Christ this guy has no shame!
    He said "go ahead". Still a shitty response, but better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting question: Does the course of the debate strongly influence your political views? I think, in spite of the mutual trolling of the candidates, almost every person has already decided who he will vote for before the debate. A certain percentage, of course, will change their minds, but this will clearly not be the majority.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    He said "go ahead". Still a shitty response, but better.
    Damn, I was hoping that was a slip of the tongue so the media would eat him alive

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KayBur View Post
    Interesting question: Does the course of the debate strongly influence your political views? I think, in spite of the mutual trolling of the candidates, almost every person has already decided who he will vote for before the debate. A certain percentage, of course, will change their minds, but this will clearly not be the majority.
    I think the debates would only make a real difference if one of the candidates made a REALLY huge misstep, had a meltdown (not a Trump tantrum, but a real one), coughed out their dentures, fell over, stuff like that.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    George Bush checked his watch while Bill Clinton talked to a black woman at a town hall in 1992. That was said to have made a pretty big difference.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    George Bush checked his watch while Bill Clinton talked to a black woman at a town hall in 1992. That was said to have made a pretty big difference.
    Do you REALLY think something like that would make a difference in 2020? Behavior like that from Trump is so normal, no one would even notice that he did that. The debates in modern context are fucking pointless. No one watches debates anymore to hear two parties discuss issues. It's just to watch each candidate tear each other apart now. Trump could have literally said "FUCK BLACK LIVES MATTER" on air live at the debates and nothing would have changed. Absolutely nothing.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I didn't say it would, but to illustrate the difference between now and then. The debates are pointless now, but in a world without him hopefully that will change.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Here's just a sample rap sheet of Trump's arguably worst actions, I say arguably because I'm sure a lot has been missed that could be worse than some of what's included in that 50 but here it is.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I really am trying to be optimistic. I just can’t believe Trump has been president for the past 3 plus years. He has made a mockery of what America and Democracy stands for. If he wins again my head and heart is really going to hurt. The only thing he is good at is gaslighting people.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    he did it again?!?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "After Fauci praises Biden, Trump touts firing top health official"

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-prais...ficial-1543902

god, please don't