Page 51 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Some thoughts:

1. What does this mean for the debates?
    2. How will this affect the 2020 race?
    3. Will the senate still try to go ahead with the Supreme Court hearings?
    4. Will Trump try to campaign?
    5. Trump is 74 and obese--how sick will be become?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    My sister and I were chatting about this earlier and we started kicking around the idea that this is his way to postpone the election, but then again we realized that would be some QAnon shit and quickly discredited the idea.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The enormous Russia-backed campaign to keep him in office doubtless has all sorts of contingency plans for this.
    Last edited by botley; 10-02-2020 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Some thoughts:

2. How will this affect the 2020 race?
    My quick thoughts, and I'm no expert on any of this..
    1. It's much more likely that the 2nd one gets cancelled. As it is the first one left a "why even bother" taste in everyone's mouth.
    2. I imagine it can only be negative for Trump's ratings. Allllll that downplaying of how serious this is, and the mocking of masks, etc. Might not change the mood of his base but maybe just maybe some on the edge might be swayed to view the topic differently. At the very least it brings the topic of health front and center and that's a topic that Trump will not win against Biden.
    3. I'd say they absolutely still go forward, McConnell is like a dog with a bone about the courts, he won't give up an opportunity to fuck us for generations, that's his legacy.
    4. Doubtful for a while, and time is running short, this might close his campaigning window to two weeks or less. Whether he gets back out there at all depends on how he recovers of course.
    5. Seems like you never know how it will effect people, but I'd have to imagine he'll end up ok. He's rich, he's white, he's sure to have the best medical care anyone could ask for. See Boris Johnson as an example. There's a reason why this is killing off poor minorities in higher numbers. But still... y'never know, right?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    The next debate is 12 days away. The CDC says: "For most persons with COVID-19 illness, isolation and precautions can generally be discontinued 10 days after symptom onset1 and resolution of fever for at least 24 hours. For persons who never develop symptoms, isolation and other precautions can be discontinued 10 days after the date of their first positive RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 RNA."

I'd say there's a good chance the 2nd debate could need to be rescheduled.

I don't see how this will stop McConnell from ramming it through. The only way I see is if Trump dies, and then there's an argument to be made that his nomination is now invalid since he is no longer President.

In person? I don't see how he can. As much as he probably wants to, I don't think there's any way he can flout the isolation requirements.

Herman Cain was also 74, so we can only hope.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Him making fun of Biden for wearing a mask everywhere he goes during the debate just makes this news that much more ironic.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Considering how lucky he is, he's probably going to beat it. This irony is amazing. He had a fundraiser too. No mask. Who knows how many of his donors he infected.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Superspreader-in-Chief

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Whatever happens, happens. I don't wish him dead but I don't wish him well either.

Moreover he doesn't deserve a shred of empathy.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    No empathy here, but I too could see this as one big hoax. I also don't wish him death as that wouldn't solve any problems, in fact things might blow up when he dies.

The whole thing is nothing more than a joke and I feel more than bad for my friends over in the US. There are times where I think it can't get any worse in my own country, so I feel all of you.

My only hope would be that no one loses their lives because of all of this turmoil that is happening. Yet the news proof me wrong on a steady basis.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I think it would solve problems. Not sorry.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    There's a bit of a theory online now that the timing of this and how he announced it seemed odd, and that this is all just a ploy to get sympathy in the short term and to "beat" covid and then roll with the whole "see it's not a big deal, it's just a cold" and then go hard on it's not serious. While i'm not one for theories, i wouldn't put that past him. But if he does have it and recovers ...he'll probably just go with "it's not serious" anyway and that could be seriously dangerous. Like many in the UK we hoped our PM was going to change and take things seriously when he got it...he didn't.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Ive never rooted for covid, until now. Come on baby, do your thing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    There's a bit of a theory online now that the timing of this and how he announced it seemed odd, and that this is all just a ploy to get sympathy in the short term and to "beat" covid and then roll with the whole "see it's not a big deal, it's just a cold" and then go hard on it's not serious. While i'm not one for theories, i wouldn't put that past him. But if he does have it and recovers ...he'll probably just go with "it's not serious" anyway and that could be seriously dangerous. Like many in the UK we hoped our PM was going to change and take things seriously when he got it...he didn't.
    my exact thoughts, before I even signed online.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I almost wonder if this is how America is saved.

Seriously, if he dies of COVID, that might just prevent a civil war.

At that point, Biden can win the election without his supports having anything to protest.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    On the other hand, this could be a hoax.

The way this came out said that Melania has it too, and I don't think she's letting Trump come within 6 feet of her.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the more people I talk to this morning as we're waking up, the majority of which has just seen the headline of him having it, the majority of them believe it is a hoax (all liberal people, and even two non-Trump fan conservatives I've talked to)

as one person said: "the ol' medical excuse from his Vietnam War playbook "
    another: "I'll need to see if more people he came in contact with test positive, then I'll believe it"

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump 2020 - Florida man contracts deadly hoax

i bet hes fine. 2020 is just not that cool.

edit: that thread title tho

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Man. Woman. Television camera. Covid.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I just don't think a scam of that magnitude is possible right now. The risk of a leak would be so intense and surely SOMEONE in the know would spill it on deep background. Plus there's really nothing to gain aside from him getting 2 weeks off.

The telling part here is the WH didn't announce the initial exposure with Hicks, whose symptoms were known to the administration as early as Wednesday. Hicks tested positive Thursday and Bloomberg WH reporter Jennifer Jacobs broke the story shortly thereafter >>

In a functioning administration, one that defers to the science, the president would have canceled all events until he could be tested. Instead they flew to Bedminster for 3ish hours to do nothing other than get money from rubes. This is going to be one hell of a contact trace operation. These absolute fucking idiots.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^^ Exactly. It’s likely he knew he had it the day before, and did a fundraiser, anyway.

It’s amazing to me that the man lies SO much, when he gets Covid people don’t believe him. That’s what happens with liars.

Given that he sees sickness as weakness, I never thought it was a lie; I always thought he’d cover it up and lie if he got it. But he has doctors constantly testing him, and they’re not going to lie. The White House has THOUSANDS of instant tests. Then they wait for the more in-depth test.

Twitter is also posting all kinds of news reports that Hope Hicks was SYMPTOMATIC on Wednesday.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-02-2020 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    The way this came out said that Melania has it too, and I don't think she's letting Trump come within 6 feet of her.
    They held hands at the debate.

I think he's sick. I mean, I think he has COVID. He would not fake a sickness for any kind of sympathy, because he wants everyone to believe he is in tip-top shape.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    hat tip to whoever changed the titles of the thread...*chefskiss*

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    hat tip to whoever changed the titles of the thread...*chefskiss*
    Was not me. I honestly do not believe this is a joking matter. Yes, because we need to not sink to their level and all that, but this could cause a panic which we obviously do not need now.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    If the POTUS was a well-liked guy, running for reelection and had been advocating wearing masks and had been informing the public about COVID from the start, he may get a "sympathy vote." I don't think this will be the case for Trump.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Here’s hoping he dies.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Pence has tested negative.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I know I posted in the WW3 thread but it's not as well trafficed.

That's the plane - two planes, one on each coast - that says you don't want to fuck with us.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Was not me. I honestly do not believe this is a joking matter. Yes, because we need to not sink to their level and all that, but this could cause a panic which we obviously do not need now.
    It's a you reap what you sow matter, IMO.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Pence has tested negative.
    For now. So has Mnuchin. Even so, anyone with known exposure to a positive should isolate for 14 days, per CDC recommendation that applies to us normies.