Page 28 of 113 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Okay, I took the Judge shooting incident out of the Epstein thread because this seems to be more related to all kinds of OTHER shit.

I have no idea. It's just a zillion degrees of wtf. Holy shit.

Last edited by allegro; 07-20-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Whoa.....

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    such a weird story. the russia ties are telling.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I think once Trump is out of office and he doesn't have this group of sycophants obliging his every command, we'll be able to connect the dots on Russia. Once we have that giant obstruction out of the way, we might conclude that it's in our country's best interest to get to the bottom of this

I was just coming in to bring up this Q Anon thing. It really seems to be gaining momentum, and I wonder if a lot of the people with Q-styled avatars or T-shirts or bumper stickers even really know what the hell it's insinuating. It's like, Trump is secretly Captain America, and he's undercover in the deep state to put a stop to satanic Democrat pizza sex-traffic-ring that's all funded by George Soros... That's the basics of it I think. I have a really hard time believing that there's a LOT of people who believe this, but that's seriously deranged.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    for an undercover operation they sure don't like to keep things on the down low.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Okay, I took the Judge shooting incident out of the Epstein thread because this seems to be more related to all kinds of OTHER shit.

I have no idea. It's just a zillion degrees of wtf. Holy shit.

It's so easy to get a conspiracy started. especially when it sounds so plausible.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    for an undercover operation they sure don't like to keep things on the down low.
    Well, you know, most of them don't actually BELIEVE this shit... it's just a ton of fun for them, woo hoo, let's own the libs and write fan fiction where we arrest Hillary and Obama and yeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwww...

Or maybe they are this crazy. Most of the "Q" people I've spoken with in person seem unfamiliar with some of the more notorious beliefs associated with the group, and they just seem to think it's some "silent majority" horseshit. I tried to explain that no, you've joined a cult that believes some crazy shit, and oh well.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Well, you know, most of them don't actually BELIEVE this shit... it's just a ton of fun for them, woo hoo, let's own the libs and write fan fiction where we arrest Hillary and Obama and yeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwww...

Or maybe they are this crazy. Most of the "Q" people I've spoken with in person seem unfamiliar with some of the more notorious beliefs associated with the group, and they just seem to think it's some "silent majority" horseshit. I tried to explain that no, you've joined a cult that believes some crazy shit, and oh well.
    Hi hello yes a QAnon radical tried to assassinate the Canadian Prime Minister three weeks ago

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I did not know that Q had a member of the mob killed. wow.
    Now, Mr. Comello’s paranoia is being litigated in a Staten Island court, where he is charged with the murder of Mr. Cali, known as Franky Boy. His lawyer has taken the first steps in a legal battle that hinges on a question made for the internet age: At what point does belief in a far-right conspiracy theory make you legally insane?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    This is a pretty well done piece. I do wonder where all the people who usually worry about jackbooted thugs are. Remember in 2015, when 30% of Republicans lost their shit about some military training exercises and said Obama was clearly getting ready to unconstitutionally invade Texas? Where are those folks today?
    Cheering on actual rights infringements.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Holy shit.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I did not know that Q had a member of the mob killed. wow.
    When I heard the story about this on the news at the time, it sounded like something out of a whacky crime comedy movie... like something out of Fish Called Wanda or Ruthless People.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just watching "Trump in Tweets"
    "Examining how Trump used Twitter to change US politics, exploring why this technophobe became a serial tweeter and witnessing the impact his tweets have on the world."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08hsxd5
    (sorry don't know where to find it, I have it thanks to great MVGroup)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    Just watching "Trump in Tweets"
    "Examining how Trump used Twitter to change US politics, exploring why this technophobe became a serial tweeter and witnessing the impact his tweets have on the world."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08hsxd5
    (sorry don't know where to find it, I have it thanks to great MVGroup)
    sounds interesting, but I guess you can’t watch it outside the UK... booo, he’s OUR shitty president, I wanna watch the movie

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Ok, now that he keeps bringing my attention to it, I'm not going to be satisfied with his cognitive capabilities unless he takes a cognitive test on live TV. This was Trump's description of the cognitive test: "“They said nobody gets it in order, it’s actually not that easy. But for me it was easy. And that’s not an easy question,”

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Translation: OMG black people are gonna move into your neighborhoods and schools!!! We CANNOT LET THIS HAPPEN! Let’s make it 1956, again!!!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Did you see the tweets from some sycophant about Portland? Calling it "This is Biden's America". No bitch it isn't because Biden isn't president.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Did you see the tweets from some sycophant about Portland? Calling it "This is Biden's America". No bitch it isn't because Biden isn't president.
    This is TRUMP’S America.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    You know, tucked away down here in Australia, I wake up each day to these increasingly bizarre headlines re: Trump. And the thought just floats across my mind (and this is in no way endorsing violence or wishing it upon him, or anyone), but why, WHY back in the day did people assassinate the likes of John F. Kennedy, but people like this guy... just nothing happens. It’s a jaded question, but why do the good ones die and ...these... ones just go on doing what they do without a worry in the world? And keep on getting away with it? Hell, a shoe hasn’t even been thrown at him!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    You know, tucked away down here in Australia, I wake up each day to these increasingly bizarre headlines re: Trump. And the thought just floats across my mind (and this is in no way endorsing violence or wishing it upon him, or anyone), but why, WHY back in the day did people assassinate the likes of John F. Kennedy, but people like this guy... just nothing happens. It’s a jaded question, but why do the good ones die and ...these... ones just go on doing what they do without a worry in the world? And keep on getting away with it? Hell, a shoe hasn’t even been thrown at him!
    well, depending on which tin foil hat you want to wear, JFK (and RFK by extension) was the Mafia so not really because they were bad people, just going up against worse people. In this case you have Trump who is the bad people and the worse people are the one's he's working for. You know, back with the tin foil.

I mean off hand most assassination attempts were against people trying to do good in the world, right? I'm sure there are examples for bad people being assassinated but me sitting here and not researching anything it seems most of them were. (Reagan was just because dude was legit crazy, so doesn't count)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    I know we're all master hackers here but I don't have access to your email.
    Oops. Sorry. I don't know how to get picture to post on this site. Thanks for pointing out.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Oops. Sorry. I don't know how to get picture to post on this site. Thanks for pointing out.
    you need to post it on a public image hosting site, like Giphy or something

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    So, checks and balances. How goes everyone’s faith in these? I’ve been a US citizen for maybe 6 months now, and I’ve gotten myself a lovely Barnes and Noble hardback on the Constitution, replete with the Federalist Papers and the like. It's fascinating stuff- that First Amendment for example.

It's very clear to me that the machinations of checks and balances are not guaranteed, but instead agreed upon, to work. So if enough people decide not to enforce them, they won't work, and democracy / the American experiment gets knocked on its ass.

Reason why I’m asking, is because everyone, literally everyone, expects Trump to lose the election, but try to stay in power.

I personally think such an attempt would fail first time out, but we have Storm Troopers on the streets, and that's clearly the work of Bill Barr. I don't like the odds that such an attempt would be unsuccessful in 5 years, if Trump actually wins this time out. I suspect this is the gambit, too.
    Last edited by DF118; 07-26-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    the whole notion of checks and balances needed someone to challenge it to "prove" whether it was actually a functional system or not... aaaaaaaaaaaaand, it's not. Everything is a theory until you challenge it. Trump did us that "favor" I guess. Our system is stupid.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the whole notion of checks and balances needed someone to challenge it to "prove" whether it was actually a functional system or not... aaaaaaaaaaaaand, it's not. Everything is a theory until you challenge it. Trump did us that "favor" I guess. Our system is stupid.
    Yeah. Kinda puts to bed the Bernie or Bust nonsense of "Trump being elected is the best thing that can happen because if it's torn down we can rebuild" type bullshit. That's not how the descent into fascism works.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The system isn’t stupid but we never had a God damned shitty reality TV show host and failed real estate mogul as PRESIDENT, before. Put there by only 74,000 Electoral College votes, and the EC was SUPPOSEDLY there to PREVENT people like him from getting IN there. But the recent SCOTUS decision about faithless electors insured THAT is a useless premise, which means the Electoral College is now being used for tyranny.

He’s controlling the POST OFFICE, now, to slow / eliminate votes. If his storm troopers get overwhelming, I don’t know what’s next; state police vs. storm troopers? Congress will have to 25th Amendment him.

He’s DESTROYED the Republican Party. They pretty much have to jettison it and rebuild from the ground-up. They MAY have to start a new party. The current one has been commandeered by white supremacists and nationalists.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-27-2020 at 03:07 AM.