Page 21 of 113 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So 900,000 tickets went out, and of those 900,000, only 6,200 actually showed up. That's even worse.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    So 900,000 tickets went out, and of those 900,000, only 6,200 actually showed up. That's even worse.
    I've been going through some rough stuff lately, and the idea of how angry this is making Trump right now is actually brightening my day so much.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I still can't get over the "I looked very handsome" comment. I mean, I get that he's THE narcissist... but does he actually look at videos of himself on TV and think to himself "god I'm so good looking, I'm like the model of good looks." It's not even about whether or not people consider him to be attractive. I would say he looks fucking weird, but the point isn't to go after someone for their personal appearance... it's that he actually looks at himself and thinks "ooooooh, you handsome devil." And then later, he's so smitten with his impression of himself, that he has to share it with a stadium full of people, all of whom, I assume he assumes, think he's some Adonis. It's just bizarre to me I guess. But here we are.
    i do think he feels like he’s good looking. his persona over the last 30 years definitely suggests that. everything is about looks for him. look at his second and third wives. it’s hardly about love and definitely about how they look. marla maples went on every damn tv show she could go on to talk about how she seduced him. he’d show up with her sometimes and just smile while she’d gush on about him. he thinks he’s a player and he’s winning because of how it all looks. that’s why he can lie so easily. it’s not about truth, it’s about how he looks.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    he did say something to that effect once... something like "it doesn't matter what the media write, as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Well, yeah.

One 60-yr-old Biden supporter in OK City had SIX HUNDRED TICKETS. So you can imagine how easy it was, and will be, to pull this off.

Teen Twitter is calling this the best Senior Prank in history.

I’m in awe.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the world has lost its got-damn mind.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I'm not saying John Bolton's book has already leaked. I'm not saying it's on Google Drives in PDF format. And I'm definitely not saying that people should go download it instead of giving money to him.

I'm absolutely not saying any of those things at all.
    Book twitter broke this down: He's got his money, now he's just going to wait on royalties and that's not going to happen because this isn't a book that people will pick up and read for any reason more than 10 months from now unless it's cheap and at Goodwill. any and all sales of the book will actually help the bookseller more than him. so if you do intend to steal the book, buy two more at a local bookstore.

just saw this and laughed:
    At last we have definitive proof that Donald Trump doesn’t hire people to attend his rallies
    Last edited by allegate; 06-21-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Well, I'm not sure if the publisher doesn't deserve a little bit of a "screw you" here too... they negotiated this 2 million dollar deal with him, almost certainly knowing at the time that its contents would be worth that. They're in this to profit too, and I think it's fair to assume they were aware that Bolton was going to drop information in it that he really should present during the impeachment.

I'm not going to read Bolton's book either way, I'll just wait for a concise summary of what it says.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Strong Smashing Pumpkins reunion tour vibes...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Bro I’m fucking dead.

Ohhhhh what I wouldn’t give to be in the room when he first sees this.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Freaking John Tesh!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Oh, my goodness.

I'm not sure slyly sexually shaming him is the high road, buuuuut he is a sexual predator.
    That's why we'll just let the Lincoln Project do it for us I guess...they're disgruntled libertarians. Ok.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That's why we'll just let the Lincoln Project do it for us I guess...they're disgruntled libertarians. Ok.
    They include Kellyanne Conway’s husband.

https://lincolnproject.us/

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's gotta be the most wicked hate sex

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Watched the whole thing after I almost couldn't bare it after 10 minutes already, the high pitched yelling and overall appearance in that half empty stadium... wow.

I thought it was pretty outstanding how there was zero to no substance in his whole speech. And what about that Air Force One bit? Who even thinks about that? "Thanks for saving that money Donald, you're a hero!"

But hey, way to go to open your first rally after months by defending two small moments that made you look bad and even got people concerned about your health. And the tossing of the glass? How dramatic!

Yet, what I hated the most was the fact that eventhough alot of seats were empty people still cheered their asses off when he spoke his last words. A moment that made me feel very uneasy. I was even more shocked when I jumped onto YouTube for some news coverage and saw a rising number of my own country's people actually applauding him aswell... needless to say that those people wear their tin foil hats proudly.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I really hate to admit this. Living in Seattle, I have to admit that the CHOP autonomous is a growing disaster. There have been shootings 2 nights in a row. Details still coming out about the latest one. The first one, 2 people were shot. 1 dead, the other critical condition. The organizers wouldn't let the police in, so the fire department medics wouldn't go in without them per long standing policy. Consequently, the 2 victims were transported to the hospital by civilians. In lieu of police, armed civilians have been patrolling the zone. Trump said that if the protesters had been on the right the local governments would've been out with machine guns. Given the wacky state of Seattle politics, he's probably correct in that assessment. While I'm all for the BLM movement it has been co-opted by various other movements with the end result that the original BLM message is being diluted by issues that have nothing to do with it. The city should've never abandoned the police precinct in the area. Yes, the police needed to be reigned in some but the end result has been anarchy. It's not going to end well for anyone. I've lived here most of my life & am trying to figure out how to get out now. In general, fuck Trump but in the interest of fairness had to point out 1 of the few things where he's not off base. He's also right if you don't test the COVID numbers will be lower but that's an entirely different matter!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Watched the whole thing after I almost couldn't bare it after 10 minutes already, the high pitched yelling and overall appearance in that half empty stadium... wow.

I thought it was pretty outstanding how there was zero to no substance in his whole speech. And what about that Air Force One bit? Who even thinks about that? "Thanks for saving that money Donald, you're a hero!"

But hey, way to go to open your first rally after months by defending two small moments that made you look bad and even got people concerned about your health. And the tossing of the glass? How dramatic!

Yet, what I hated the most was the fact that eventhough alot of seats were empty people still cheered their asses off when he spoke his last words. A moment that made me feel very uneasy. I was even more shocked when I jumped onto YouTube for some news coverage and saw a rising number of my own country's people actually applauding him aswell... needless to say that those people wear their tin foil hats proudly.
    Honestly, how can people applaud someone like him and not feel like they’re insulting their own intelligence after everything he has said and done? You only need to half pay attention to him to realise what a joke it is that someone like this is in his position. I don’t get it. And we’re not talking about a small number of people here. Seriously, what is going on? Can we just get a time machine and start over from 1700 or something? I’m over it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Honestly, how can people applaud someone like him and not feel like they’re insulting their own intelligence after everything he has said and done? You only need to half pay attention to him to realise what a joke it is that someone like this is in his position. I don’t get it. And we’re not talking about a small number of people here. Seriously, what is going on? Can we just get a time machine and start over from 1700 or something? I’m over it.
    That word's doing a lot of heavy lifting there.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Another Lincoln Project ad... They're turning these around quick. Lollllll

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

You know how there were reports last week that Parscale didn't vote for Trump because they couldn't find a voter record for him in his home state? I wonder what would happen if they looked in Florida like they did for that one ex-cop we shall not name?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The View this morning, hilarious. Meghan McCain “inject this into my veins” LOL. But toward the end of this clip, great point that this may well be Trump’s Jump The Shark moment, they’re bored with Trump’s reality show.

Last edited by allegro; 06-22-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I have to ask - and with absolutely all due respect - it seems like there's been a very sudden shift from "you guys, we can't talk about his physical health because that's disrespectful" to "lulz look at these ads about dick jokes and messy hair". I try really hard to work on being what would hopefully be considered to be a good person, and I've stated my case for why I point out basically anything and everything "wrong" with him (including lies about his own physical attributes like height, health, etc) and I've been called out for it. Has there just been a quick turnaround in attitudes towards this, or am I failing to grasp a really fine line between what's fair game and what's inappropriate? (Again, I am not trying to be antagonistic toward anyone and mean no disrespect; I really am just trying to gauge whether my own attitudes towards certain things are shittier than I realize or something.) Glad to have a group of people who are generally polite and insightful to discuss this kind of stuff with, because most political conversations with people I actually know locally are much more whiny / shout-y and utterly unproductive.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I have to ask - and with absolutely all due respect - it seems like there's been a very sudden shift from "you guys, we can't talk about his physical health because that's disrespectful" to "lulz look at these ads about dick jokes and messy hair". I try really hard to work on being what would hopefully be considered to be a good person, and I've stated my case for why I point out basically anything and everything "wrong" with him (including lies about his own physical attributes like height, health, etc) and I've been called out for it. Has there just been a quick turnaround in attitudes towards this, or am I failing to grasp a really fine line between what's fair game and what's inappropriate? (Again, I am not trying to be antagonistic toward anyone and mean no disrespect; I really am just trying to gauge whether my own attitudes towards certain things are shittier than I realize or something.) Glad to have a group of people who are generally polite and insightful to discuss this kind of stuff with, because most political conversations with people I actually know locally are much more whiny / shout-y and utterly unproductive.
    Poking fun at possible handicap / disability or playing armchair psychiatrist re mental health (using terms like "narcissist" or "crazy" or "bipolar" or "manic" etc.) = ableism.

Poking fun at anything else (dick size, clothing, inability to be President, lying, high heels, etc.) = Okay.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-22-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He's gone mad today on Twitter.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    He's gone mad today on Twitter.
    "Gone mad" = See, be careful, there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    "Gone mad" = See, be careful, there.
    Sorry

He's having a tantrum today on Twitter*

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm trying very hard to be a good person too. I'm trying to better myself everyday. I'm a believer of " when they go low, we go high".

But.

Donald Trump is a vile human being for many, many reasons. And he constantly attacks people based on their race, gender and disabilities. He clearly thinks he his superior to everyone. If he has a debilitating illness, he should just come out an admit it, especially if it's apparent, as it seems to be the case. I would not make fun of him for having such an illness. But I will laugh at his pathetic explanations attempt.

You Americans are facing the possibility that his narcissism and his overblown ego will make him refuse to step down as President should he lose the elections. He would not hesitate to put your country into an unprecedented crisis. Such a man does not deserve respect.

So I don't blame anyone who would laugh at him, even if they cross the line I would not.