Page 30 of 113 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

hasn't Trump said several times that he never jokes?
    he’s such a jokester. what a funny thing to say. what a humorous time to be alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    "Trolling the press when you're the president of the United States" must rank pretty high on the list of the most childish, idiotic things anyone can do.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apologies if posted, but this video is a must fucking watch lol.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    not sure where to post this, but FUCK JIM JORDAN.

Jesus Christ. STAAAAAAAAAAAAAHP.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Now he wants to... ban TikTok? Because China?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump 2020 - "Person Woman Man Camera TV"

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Now he wants to... ban TikTok? Because China?
    hopefully this will motivate the young voters.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the banning of TikTok is such a waste of time and a distraction to his complete failure of handling the pandemic.

150k + have died
    thousands are in the hospital and will be passing soon
    many more thousands will have lasting effects from this
    unemployment benefits are being fought over while people are struggling to put food on their table or pay rent. evictions will most likely happen at some point during this pandemic.
    kids and teachers being forced back to school in the middle of a pandemic. data shows that kids over 10 transmit it at the same rate as adults. multiple stories of teens getting ill and effecting school and life events this summer

but here we are, focusing on tik tok. all because it's the app that trolled him for tulsa where one of his fellow anti-mask Republicans caught the virus and died.

screw talking about tik tok. I wish the media would 24/7 talk about nothing other than the incompetence he has and hold his feet to the fire more. just this past week, a close co-worker lost both her sister and her aunt (two different states) from the virus. that's now 16 people I know who lost someone from the virus.

make masks a national mandate
    close schools
    stimulate the economy

I know those 3 things won't happen. but this is what the media should be focusing on 24/7, imo. do not let up. don't let him get an inch. don't let him distract. because it'll just rally up his base more.

the goal for us is to make sure he's not elected again. that is not the goal of the media. the media's goal is revenue and ratings. trump brings them that. they don't care if he wins again, tv personality outrage be damned.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Nine Inch Nails + Mike Pence

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    TikTok is a shithole. It copies the contents of your clipboard on iOS on average every 2-3 seconds. Worse yet, iOS shares its clipboard with shared environments like your iPad or your MacBook Pro. InfoSec experts have determined that this is not by accident. Many other apps access your clipboard on iOS. This isn’t good. Delete those apps.

But TikTok is a Trojan Horse.

That being said, Microsoft BUYING TikTok can / will lead to fixing that issue.

(Apple should have shut down the app until the issue was removed but that’s another topic.)

Trump doesn’t want China to profit from the sale of TikTok; he doesn’t want those TikTok Teens to have a platform to continue ruining his Twitter feed with KPop vids, etc.

I don’t even think he CAN ban TikTok but let’s see. We are living in Stalinesque America, now.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-01-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't think Trump really is concerned about security here, even though it's a legitimate issue. That just give him clearance to go after the app that Kpop fans used to troll his comeback rally.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-01-2020 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That's fine with me, actually.

Go ahead and ban TikTok.

Piss off China. Piss them off so much that they hack the election in favor of Biden.

Piss off Kpop fans so that the ones that turn 18 vote for Biden.

Go ahead.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    Oh, god, no. I don't want anyone's fingers in this election. I don't need four more years of semi-grounded claims that the election was hacked and Trump is rightful heir of his own throne.
    I hate to say it, but it's already happening. Things are so insane, this is inevitable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/24/u...hina-iran.html

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I hate to say it, but it's already happening. Things are so insane, this is inevitable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/24/u...hina-iran.html
    Exactly. They already knew that both Russia and China had attempted hacks into the RNC and DNC relatively recently. They know that China and Russia were influencing the election in favor of Trump and Iran is against Trump. If China flips on Trump, whatever. Because BOTH sides are being infiltrated, but MOSTLY in favor of Trump by Russia. And then Trump is using his position as President to basically conduct a Coup. He’s using the Post Office as a weapon toward election interference. And I hope he and DeJoy go to Federal prison for this, alone (it’s a Federal crime to mess with the mail service).

Don’t get me wrong: I’m not saying I want to see China or Iran hack the election and change results. That’s wrong. But if they infiltrate social media, just like Russia does, and fill it with anti-Trump propaganda and “October surprises,” thereby “influencing the election with FACTS,” then fucking go for it.

Since Bloomberg never came through with HIS threats promises.

I’ve been donating $ to the Lincoln Project* because the DNC is in the fucking 60s. I get texts from DNC volunteers asking if I want to make PHONE CALLS. I answer no, because phone calls and canvassing have been proven to do absolutely nothing, and what we need is big social media presence and advertising.

I send this link: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...alla-broockman

*There’s also Republicans Against Trump:
    https://twitter.com/rvat2020/status/...383814144?s=21

And Really American:
    https://twitter.com/reallyamerican1/...880781312?s=21

And Don Winslow:
    https://twitter.com/donwinslow/statu...134995456?s=21
    Last edited by allegro; 08-01-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    @allegro, the exception I'll say to phone calls, and maybe this is apples and oranges, but is what Ted Lieu has done. It's the only effective form of "political telemarketing" I've seen, where at first you think you're getting a spam call, and then I was asked if I'd like to ask my congressman a question, and if I'd be willing to wait in line to participate in a telephone town hall... and you had republicans calling in and screaming at him, and he handled it gracefully, and then dismantled their points respectfully. He took as many questions as he could, and he gave well thought out, patient answers.

I kept thinking the whole time that THIS is what you should be doing if you want to get me feeling involved when I'm sitting here, doing nothing. It was great. A few months later I got another blind call to join another Ted Lieu town hall.

Unfortunately, that's the only sort of thing even remotely related to telephone canvasing that I've found interesting.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Okay that’s different.

Here in my district of Illinois they do online Town Halls.

But phone calls from volunteers using their own phone numbers gets nowhere.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Okay that’s different.

Here in my district of Illinois they do online Town Halls.

But phone calls from volunteers using their own phone numbers gets nowhere.
    oh for sure... I guess I just felt it was worth remarking upon, because he obviously had a team put together handling questions and working with the wait line, it would have needed some planning and organization.

And it felt immersive and kind of important in how it involved me. I hardly knew who Ted Lieu was before that blind town hall call, and I found myself looking him up. He's great.

I guess I'm just saying that I think phones work, people just aren't using them right. Cold calling me up and urging me to vote for someone doesn't do shit... but inviting me to ask a politician a question directly in front of an open forum? Engaging voters (in a discussion that could potentially be huge if you really put some cash funding into it) is the end goal I think...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-01-2020 at 07:13 PM. Reason: I'm just not saying anything negative about Biden for the next three months. I don't care I guess, I am just not doing it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Hacking with facts. Huh. I don't even know what to say about that idea because it...really shouldn't be necessary...but also clearly might be?

I mean, plenty of damning factual information is already out there and it's not remotely hidden. I wonder what, at this point, would have to be revealed for Trump's base to step away from him. Honestly asking.

If there was video of him fucking someone underage at an Epstein party, would that do it? My first thought was—I'm unfortunately not joking here—"she'd have to look pre-teen for them to really get upset."

Sigh.

If China hacked his data, then posted all of it in clickbait articles on Facebook and what it revealed was that he was 100% funded by Russia, would that eat into his base? Dude still polls at 40% with Likely Voters.

First thing I thought of that would definitely eat into his base: Documented evidence that Trump knew about 9/11 in advance and asked them to just aim away from his Tower. It honestly feels to me like that's​ the kind of shit that would have to come out.
    Unfortunately I don't think that either of the examples you've mentioned would do it.

He's made comments about fucking his own daughter, and openly talked about liking young women (which at some points could have been taken as meaning young enough to be creepy as fuck but not young enough to be illegal, but now seems likely to have meant something else).

And Kushner also cancelled his national testing plan because they thought the virus would ravage democratic states and that they could then blame the governors and that it would help him politically, so realistically we already know that he's allowed death tolls many, many times higher than 9/11 because he thought they wouldn't hurt his interests.

His supporters are a lost cause, they will never stop believing, they're too far into the cult fanaticism. It would take interventions on a mass scale.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Hacking with facts.
    That's not a thing. Hacking involves hacking, which involves breaking and entering. Propaganda is propaganda, which is usually NOT facts. Massive advertising campaigns is what we discussed, above.

I wonder what, at this point, would have to be revealed for Trump's base to step away from him.
    NOBODY is trying to sway Trump's base. NOBODY. That's useless.

Trump's base is estimated to be only 38% of voters. If that. Some of them already shifted away. But, what's left is solidly there, and nobody is interested in converting them.

What advertising is aimed at is Republican voters who aren't Trump's base, and Independents. And Democrats; getting MORE Democrats out to vote; INCREASING the Democratic voting base.

It's already estimated that a HUGE number of young voters will turn 18 this year, and most of them are NOT going to be voting for Trump. Efforts are under way to be sure they get registered and that they VOTE. NOT for Trump.

Elderly voters; many had voted for Trump. But then Trump didn’t protect them during a pandemic, and Trump is demanding that payroll taxes be reduced (payroll taxes ONLY affect funding for Social Security and Medicare and reducing payroll taxes threatens both). Elderly often vote by mail; Trump is now against that, and his new Postmaster General is deliberately slowing down mail. This could force the elderly - the most vulnerable Covid population - to the polls during this pandemic.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-02-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I don’t think anyone is truly undecided.

I think something TRULY HORRIBLE about Trump can still be released that could be a turning point for all but the Trump cult members.

Those who then refuse to vote for Trump might not vote for Biden, but not voting for Trump would be good enough.

The reality is that the Trump cult hates liberals. They refer to liberals as a “disease,” a “mental illness,” as “evil,” etc. This is mostly rooted in the irrational fear of taxation, and racism. Lots and lots of racism. I’d venture to say that the main motivation of the Trump cult is racism.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-02-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I think any smoking gun is going to be related to veterans. Like this bounties on American soldiers in Afghanistan panning out with actual evidence pointing to Trump knowing. Veterans are a hot potato.

I also think some whistleblowing shit might come out related to Trump’s handling of Covid.

But I’m really hoping it’ll all be an October Surprise.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sesquipedalism View Post
    are you able to explain to me why this isn't already getting more traction in right-leaning communities?
    It’s “FAKE NEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWS!!!!!!”

Some intelligence is treating it as unconfirmed.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was gone for the weekend so missed a bit but this stuck out to me, mostly because I saw this headline earlier today: RNC: Decision on private Trump renomination vote not final.

I would laugh so hard if they legit nominate someone else and say fuck him. I know that's not really what the article is saying but it's there if you squint real hard.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That's it? That's really the whole reason this isn't a huge thing at present? I seem to recall not being able to get away from Obama's Birth Certificate, even in coverage dismissive of the idea, even on major networks. That was certainly unconfirmed.

What the fuck?
    It’s not a huge thing to the Trump cult. Because they don’t believe it. They think it’s bullshit.

A General said he doubted the intelligence so that’s what they believe.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia...mmander-doubts

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    this is such a pathetic photoshop job. they're not even trying to lie well anymore, are they.