Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1794

Thread: Trump 2020 - “Is It Over Yet? Tell Me When It's Over”

  1. #1411
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    I asked my wife this morning: So the racist who's been telling you how racist he is is now saying that the KKK is bad and that Juneteenth should be a national holiday?

  2. #1412
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,062
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I asked my wife this morning: So the racist who's been telling you how racist he is is now saying that the KKK is bad and that Juneteenth should be a national holiday?
    someone wants votes

  3. #1413
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,454
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Transparent pandering isn’t going to work. We’ve got nearly four years of experience. We know who you are.

  4. #1414
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,062
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Transparent pandering isn’t going to work. We’ve got nearly four years of experience. We know who you are.
    we do. but sadly, and surprisingly, there is still somehow undecided voters.

  5. #1415
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,454
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    I want to feel like this on November third... I know it's not ideal, but we can work from here towards something a bit better


  6. #1416
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...1oIRfiLpXUNx20

    Confirms much of what we all suspected (big losses, barely paid anything in, shady dealings suggesting fraud) but not all of it (no real Russian ties reported. Emphasis on “reported”).

    That said, we’re seeing it now—he’s going to do whatever he can to be re-elected so he doesn’t have to face whatever NY has waiting if he doesn’t.

  7. #1417
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    625
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The New York Times has obtained two decades of Trump’s taxes

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,477
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    I’ve paid more in federal income taxes this year alone than the president of the United States of America has 10 of the last 15 years combined.

  9. #1419
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Misery State
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I’ve paid more in federal income taxes this year alone than the president of the United States of America has 10 of the last 15 years combined.
    Ain't that some shit? "The more we let you have, the less that I'll be keeping for me" indeed.

    I desperately want to take some of my family member's faces and shove it into the NYT's article like shoving a dog's nose into wet carpet. Many of my lower income family members couldn't get a car loan or a home loan if they begged on their knees and offered the loan officer a blow job. But guys like Trump can get million dollar loan after million dollar loan, even though there are YEARS of evidence showing that he does not pay his very expensive bills. I have family members who are scared to death to talk to the IRS over a 2 thousand dollar tax bill they owe and can't pay, but Trump pays virtually nothing for the last two years, and literally nothing for the other ten. He gets millions of dollars in refund checks from the government, while I have family members who would have their lives changed by a thousand dollar stimulus check from the government right now.

    Those same family members are convinced that Trump cares about them and wants to drain the swamp. It's insane.

  10. #1420
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,454
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I’ve paid more in federal income taxes this year alone than the president of the United States of America has 10 of the last 15 years combined.
    The problem is... his supporters are in the same boat and STILL do not care.

    You just have to hope EVERYBODY votes this time.... if we vote, he loses and fucks off forever. Right now, voting is our only option.

  11. #1421
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    625
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Ain't that some shit? "The more we let you have, the less that I'll be keeping for me" indeed.

    I desperately want to take some of my family member's faces and shove it into the NYT's article like shoving a dog's nose into wet carpet. Many of my lower income family members couldn't get a car loan or a home loan if they begged on their knees and offered the loan officer a blow job. But guys like Trump can get million dollar loan after million dollar loan, even though there are YEARS of evidence showing that he does not pay his very expensive bills. I have family members who are scared to death to talk to the IRS over a 2 thousand dollar tax bill they owe and can't pay, but Trump pays virtually nothing for the last two years, and literally nothing for the other ten. He gets millions of dollars in refund checks from the government, while I have family members who would have their lives changed by a thousand dollar stimulus check from the government right now.

    Those same family members are convinced that Trump cares about them and wants to drain the swamp. It's insane.
    The amount of people that are going to say “that’s smart” is going to be a stupid amount of people. Just like everything and anything else, unfortunately, this isn’t going to change many votes.

  12. #1422
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,062
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Trump's former campaign manager in hospital after attempted suicide

  13. #1423
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,608
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Try harder Brad!

  14. #1424
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)


  15. #1425
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

  16. #1426
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Has there been any hints as to where this came from? It seems to by somewhat secret from what I've read in the half hour I've been sitting here.



    This is an amazing thread that goes into a lot of details:



    I guess my question now is: If he's this broke, is this why everyone in his orbit appear to be running their own grifts? because he's not paying them?
    Last edited by allegate; 09-28-2020 at 12:05 PM.

  17. #1427
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,380
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    This is huge, omg. It’s all over Twitter, and now Facebook and Zuck is linked to it, including FB EMPLOYEES.

    And word is that Parscale is somehow tied to this ...

    And this weird thing is happening, where retweets on Twitter are strangely disabled for some of these.

    Last edited by allegro; 09-28-2020 at 02:18 PM.

  18. #1428
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,380
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Has there been any hints as to where this came from? It seems to by somewhat secret from what I've read in the half hour I've been sitting here.



    This is an amazing thread that goes into a lot of details:



    I guess my question now is: If he's this broke, is this why everyone in his orbit appear to be running their own grifts? because he's not paying them?
    He’s been known to not pay people his entire career. It’s the craziest thing, people in real estate (including myself) have never understood why anyone would ever do business with him. I’m Twitter friends with a commercial real estate attorney who’s friends with a commercial designer who worked on Mar-a-Lago, said her friend financed expensive marble HERSELF because she knew he often never pays.

    As to where the tax returns came from? I’m suspecting Mary Trump, his niece. But, it COULD be someone inside the SDNY; this is the basis of the criminal investigation, there.

    Here’s the NYT story:
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ump-taxes.html
    Last edited by allegro; 09-28-2020 at 02:27 PM. Reason: .

  19. #1429
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,461
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    my question is how the hell do you get a refund of 80 million fucking dollars if you don’t pay taxes? my husband says it’s about declaring a huge loss but i still don’t get it. it’s just bizarre. it’s not 8000 dollars it’s 80 million. that amount is insane. our tax code is fucked up if you can do that without paying your massive debt.

  20. #1430
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,380
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    my question is how the hell do you get a refund of 80 million fucking dollars if you don’t pay taxes? my husband says it’s about declaring a huge loss but i still don’t get it. it’s just bizarre. it’s not 8000 dollars it’s 80 million. that amount is insane. our tax code is fucked up if you can do that without paying your massive debt.
    * He has a bunch of businesses
    * Only a few of those are profitable
    * Most of his businesses are losing money
    * He has a shitload of loans, which he used to buy most of those businesses
    * Those loans are writeoffs
    * He uses the losses as a writeoff against the profits
    * He also writes off a bunch of shit he SHOULDN’T write off, like personal expenses (his hair, his plane travel, his consulting fees when he didn’t actually do any consulting, etc.)
    * His losses actually nearly match or sometimes exceed his income according to his tax filings
    * This results in his filing for a GIANT refund

    Michael Cohen says that Trump cooks the books. Meaning, Trump overvalues his properties when he needs to use them as collateral for loans or needs to sell them, but undervalues them when fighting the tax assessor re property taxes.

    As someone said:

    “ The assets being depreciated on annual tax returns are the same assets being used by Trump in loan applications to banks for the purpose of obtaining more financing to procure such assets as golf courses, commercial real estate, and prospective NFL teams. Has Trump maintained consistency with regard to reporting the same cost ‘basis’ of each of these assets on his loan applications as reflected on his tax return depreciation schedules? How about on his applications for insurance coverage? What about with regard to his property tax declarations?”

    It’s not the tax code, it’s tax fraud; he’s committed tax fraud.

    But, yes, the tax code needs to be revised, as well. Especially regarding loss writeoffs. There are companies that exist solely as loss writeoffs. I worked for one. Also, the IRS has been gutted, deliberately. The Republicans have so underfunded the IRS, the IRS now nearly SOLELY focuses audits on the poor and middle class. The wealthy rarely get into trouble. Their audits take YEARS.

    Meanwhile, the middle class’s writeoffs have all been removed. You used to be able to write off credit card interest. Gone. The newest GOP tax statute increased the standard deduction and all but eliminated itemized deductions for the average middle class family, thereby removing the charitable deduction, healthcare deduction, and they capped the SALT deduction.

    Edit: A further explanatory note, here: Wealthy people and corporations can’t just wait until April 15th to see what their tax bill is and pay it; they are required to pay quarterly estimates.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-29-2020 at 11:07 AM.

  21. #1431
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)


    You know what, good for him.

    edit:

    sorry, I forgot my and /s
    Last edited by allegate; 09-29-2020 at 12:39 PM.

  22. #1432
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,062
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Interesting thread regarding one of his UK golf properties:


  23. #1433
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,277
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post


    You know what, good for him.
    As a gay man, I couldn't give a fuck if he's LGBTQ+. Actions speak louder than words, and his father has continued the country's tradition of treating people like me as second class citizens. If he's a part of the community, he should be mortified and ashamed at what his father has done. Instead, he goes on Fox Fucking News and says shit like this. Fuck him.

    And for the record, I think he's probably full of shit. It seems like a desperate ploy to get more voters before the election. Republicans always do this come election time. They act like we're the scum of the earth, but when they need our votes, they shake their tin cup in our faces.

  24. #1434
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,380
    Mentioned
    841 Post(s)
    Fredo isn’t LGBTQ, he just didn’t realize what he said.

  25. #1435
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,277
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Fredo isn’t LGBTQ, he just didn’t realize what he said.
    No surprise there.

  26. #1436
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    sorry, I forgot my and /s

  27. #1437
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,062
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post


    You know what, good for him.
    I took his comment as he's part of the NYC community in which the lady who wrote that letter is also from.

  28. #1438
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,472
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

  29. #1439
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    2,793
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post


    You know what, good for him.
    LOLOL if you think Eric Trump is in any way supportive of or even, god forbid, a member of the LGBTQ+ community, then buddy, I can assure you, you're sorely mistaken. Eric is about as much of a representative of that community as Ivanka is. Which is absolutely fucking ZERO.

  30. #1440
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,454
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    in anticipation of tonight's debate, I'm watching this, and smoking pot.



    if Biden doesn't basically do this, then... maybe I'll try some harder drugs

Posting Permissions