Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,501 to 1,509 of 1509

Thread: Trump 2020 - "Person Woman Man Camera TV," "Family Separate Children Cages"

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    woah woah woah, back tfu here...are you telling me that someone on the Trump team acknowledged they misspoke and aren't doubling down on their farcical statements?

Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    I don't know how anyone can hear about designs for "Patriotic Education" and not think of the Hitler Youth, or hear about "Pro-America Curriculum" and not get chills.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/17/91412...JhGaimCt9DCqH0

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't know how anyone can hear about designs for "Patriotic Education" and not think of the Hitler Youth, or hear about "Pro-America Curriculum" and not get chills.

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/17/91412...JhGaimCt9DCqH0
    Forget the Hitler Youth; apparently the Hitler well has been poisoned as a point of reference for most of America thanks to two decades of Reducto ad Hitlerium. Twenty years of the internet has left half of America unable to process anything Nazi as a point of historical reference. And Umberto Eco's description of ur-fascism/Italian fascism is fucking incredible and 100% apropos of the moment, but probably way too academically affiliated for most of the people who need to be reached.

But this 1776 Commission shit, I mean, this is such basic fascism crap that it's in every YA dystopia fiction novel series that's been all the rage for the past twenty-five years. I don't remember any readers of Harry Potter saying, "I think the Ministry of Magic was right to reshape the curriculum—I'm actually quite fond of what Umbridge is doing and her Inquisitorial squads, too! And thank goodness when Voldemort takes over they can finally be rid of Muggle Studies. I'm just hoping someone will report Professor Burbage to Attorney General Barr." I think people reading that were actually against it at the time. They saw that kind of thing as bad. And Potter was pretty universal in its appeal.

Wait, was Barr actually a Death Eater? I forget.
    Last edited by Sesquipedalism; 09-18-2020 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Lost the thread of a metaphor there for a minute.

Mentioned
    837 Post(s)
    Despicable. JK doesn’t mention the PPE that he literally swooped in and STOLE from states that’d already paid for it.

Last edited by allegro; 09-18-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

I checked - twice - and that def. says CBS, not The Onion.

Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    so Trump's tweeting, and I'm not sure which thread it generally fits in. All I know is nothing he's talking about would belong in the COVID thread...

But naturally, he's vowing to fill the SCOTUS vacancy left by RBG "without delay."

Then he accused the governor of Virginia of supporting the execution of babies after they're born... but don't worry, he's got a big rally he's gonna throw in Virginia, TBA soon!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so Trump's tweeting, and I'm not sure which thread it generally fits in. All I know is nothing he's talking about would belong in the COVID thread...

But naturally, he's vowing to fill the SCOTUS vacancy left by RBG "without delay."

Then he accused the governor of Virginia of supporting the execution of babies after they're born... but don't worry, he's got a big rally he's gonna throw in Virginia, TBA soon!
    *insert image of highly intelligent extraterrestrial species flying past earth, listening in and pissing themselves laughing, then flying as far away as possible*

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)