40 Post(s)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I have an uncontrollable urge to rewatch this video every now and then

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I have an uncontrollable urge to rewatch this video every now and then

The last phrase, "Trump, eres un pendejo", which is not subtitled in the video, means "Trump, you are an asshole". I was at that concert, along with 200K more people. The most attended concert I've been to in my life, and it was EPIC. The energy of the crowd was so intense. They played "Fearless", and they had the surround sound they were using during that tour, and the "you'll never walk alone" chants at the end of the song could be heard around the Zócalo, Mexico City's main square, it was absolutely beautiful.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Putting metal detectors inside the Capitol seemed somewhat strange a few days ago but as this stuff trickles out it's very clear the Capitol Police don't trust some of the Congressional membership. A reasonable conclusion is there are some very serious allegations being investigated.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the flip side of that is that some members of Congress don't trust the Capitol Police. This is a terrible position for all parties.

Just a quick note to say that the Pearls Before Swine strips that will run in newspapers from 1/18 – 1/22 are all about an attempted presidential coup. They were all created at least a month in advance of [recent] events and are not a commentary on them.
    Huh. so it was a 'joke' that he might try a coup a month ago and then it actually happened so it's not a joke anymore.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    There needs to 100% be consequences, harsh ones! A slip on the wrist for ANYONE will empower these fools to do it again AND AGAIN. The World is watching, don't F it up!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    the flip side of that is that some members of Congress don't trust the Capitol Police. This is a terrible position for all parties.
    Touche.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    The last phrase, "Trump, eres un pendejo", which is not subtitled in the video, means "Trump, you are an asshole". I was at that concert, along with 200K more people. The most attended concert I've been to in my life, and it was EPIC. The energy of the crowd was so intense. They played "Fearless", and they had the surround sound they were using during that tour, and the "you'll never walk alone" chants at the end of the song could be heard around the Zócalo, Mexico City's main square, it was absolutely beautiful.
    I've seen Us+Them tour show in Lithuania in 2018 and they used basically the same video effects for the song. The difference was that they added even more mean photoshopped images of him into the mix, and also updated some of the quotes with I guess more recent ones. It was an amazing experience (this song and the whole show in general) in the arena, I can only imagine how much more powerful it was over there in such a huge crowd.

Biden should invite Roger to perform this at the inauguration.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Putting metal detectors inside the Capitol seemed somewhat strange a few days ago but as this stuff trickles out it's very clear the Capitol Police don't trust some of the Congressional membership. A reasonable conclusion is there are some very serious allegations being investigated.
    From what I understand, members of the House don’t trust other House members.

Rep. Boebert from CO and Rep. Cawthorn from NC have both indicated that they were armed on the floor the day of the attack, even though guns are banned in the Gallery. Boebert was specifically counseled by the Sgt. at Arms that she could not carry in the Gallery. New members are given pamphlets indicating that guns are banned in the Gallery.

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/...-6/6594808002/

Boebert was one of several members who threw a shit fit over the installation of the metal detectors and refused to allow Capitol Police to search her bag when it set off metal detectors.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/rep-bo...etal-detector/

The metal detectors were installed by request of the Democrats who now feel that some Congressional members not only helped plan the attack but are also armed.

A new House rule will be voted on (1/21), likely to pass with Democratic majority, where those who flout the metal detectors will be fined and the fine will come out of their checks.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...l-detectors-to

Last edited by allegro; 01-14-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    From what I understand, members of the House don’t trust other House members.

Rep. Boebert from CO and Rep. Cawthorn from NC have both indicated that they were armed on the floor the day of the attack, even though guns are banned in the Gallery. Boebert was specifically counseled by the Sgt. at Arms that she could not carry in the Gallery. New members are given pamphlets indicating that guns are banned in the Gallery.

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/...-6/6594808002/

Boebert was one of several members who threw a shit fit over the installation of the metal detectors and refused to allow Capitol Police to search her bag when it set it off.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/rep-bo...etal-detector/

The metal detectors were installed by request of the Democrats who now feel that some Congressional members not only helped plan the attack but are also armed.

A new House rule will be voted on (1/21), likely to pass with Democratic majority, where those who flout the metal detectors will be fined and the fine will come out of their checks.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...l-detectors-to

i hope she’s prosecuted. it’s so strange to me that these people think they’re above the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Boebert has been very clear about her intention to carry while in the Capitol, she even made a campaign ad about it. Before the events of Jan 6 the subject of guns in the Capitol was debatable...post Jan 6 it's rightfully become a red line, heightened by serious allegations alluded to by Reps AOC, Sherrill, among others but not fully made public.

I keep coming back to this line in particular:

The FBI has warned lawmakers in closed door hearings that they may be shocked with what comes out.
    Last edited by cdm; 01-14-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    one of the adorable things going on right now that Trump is clearly about to stop being president, everyone is ditching his shitty business brand, and he's being shunned by the PGA. Oh, do you hear it NOW you tremendous loser asshole? Do you hear the hate?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    One thing in the FBI's favor is that they appear to be dealing with some grade A idiots.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Letter from 68 Colorado elected officials requests investigation into Boebert's actions

She guided a tour of 11 people through the capital on Jan 5. These people were part of the attack, and so far one has been arrested.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Letter from 68 Colorado elected officials requests investigation into Boebert's actions

She guided a tour of 11 people through the capital on Jan 5. These people were part of the attack, and so far one has been arrested.

this is major. we need to have EVERY enabler from the GOP investigated and arrested.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    one of the adorable things going on right now that Trump is clearly about to stop being president, everyone is ditching his shitty business brand, and he's being shunned by the PGA. Oh, do you hear it NOW you tremendous loser asshole? Do you hear the hate?
    HOME DEPOT co-founder Ken Langone has dumped Trump and is now supporting Joe Biden. This is HUGE.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ken-...s-biden-2021-1

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post

Have you read anything about this alleged tour? All I’ve seen is the photo floating around of her and a group of degenerates but she and several others are in short sleeves so I don’t think it’s recent.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    There was a photo of her posing with 11 other people in the original article. Looks like it's been taken down.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    that photo was older and not from last week. i saw someone on msnbc who was at the capitol say that they saw groups on jan 5th getting tours. this person (and others) thought this was unusual because of covid-19 protocols. i think this was on nicole wallace but i could be wrong. i also don’t remember who was speaking on the subject.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    To be clear, I’m not saying it didn’t happen...just that the photo I saw purported to be from 1/5 only pops up on rando twitter accounts claiming it was on her IG. No screenshots that I’ve seen, which seems odd to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Last edited by allegro; 01-14-2021 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    <3

(The tweet is incorrect; she said if they won’t abide ...)
    Last edited by allegro; 01-14-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    what's that poem, the one about granting serenity in the face of dumb-ass motherfuckers?

Marjorie Taylor Greene Plans to File Impeachment Articles Against Biden

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    what's that poem, the one about granting serenity in the face of dumb-ass motherfuckers?

Marjorie Taylor Greene Plans to File Impeachment Articles Against Biden
    the fact that she was elected is evidence that georgia is more purple than blue. i can’t stand her because she like an extreme sarah palin. using guns in her ads and threatening impeachment before biden is even in office. i hope she’s expelled with the traitors in the coming weeks.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    She’s insane... she actually tries to make it sound like the raid on the Capitol was Biden’s fault, because these people were so terrified of a Biden presidency that they went nuts.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    She’s insane... she actually tries to make it sound like the raid on the Capitol was Biden’s fault, because these people were so terrified of a Biden presidency that they went nuts.
    That's some backwards ass Michael Scott logic there.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I mean...they are terrified of a Biden presidency, but the reason they're afraid of it is the crazy Q conspiracies that make horrifying false accusations against him.

Which was stirred up by people on her side of things...including the current world record holder for most impeachments in a single presidency.

"I made people afraid of you, then they got violent. You should got to jail for that."

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    FYI, the Parler videos are now on torrents. ~2.4TB.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder..._6_are_now_on/