Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    the stain of Trump lives on. the next task- a far more difficult one- is to get rid of Trump/Q-Anon people in govt at the state and local level. they have infested the govt and have poisoned this country.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    the stain of Trump lives on. the next task- a far more difficult one- is to get rid of Trump/Q-Anon people in govt at the state and local level. they have infested the govt and have poisoned this country.
    Oh, trust me. I know. We're still fucked, when 45% of Republicans think the insurrection was cool, 3/4 think that Biden wasn't legitimately elected, and 80 something percent of them still approve of trump.

We're still fucked, when Trump's already the frontrunner for the 2024 Republican primary, by football numbers. Second is Mike Pence, the guy Trump basically told a mob to go kill. That will be an interesting debate.

I'm just trying to have one little moment of peace, here.

I'm just saying, at least Trump will be out of the white house in a matter of hours, and the country didn't end YET.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-18-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yes, I too am enjoying the moment of peace

sorry, I should never post when I first wake up, I notice my early morning posts tend to be grumpy, lol.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump to issue over 100 pardons on Tuesday morning:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7582587/t...-inauguration/

The fact that he's planning this for Tuesday morning tells me that there's something appalling in there in an attempt to upstage the inauguration.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    50 hours and 50 minutes to go!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's really appalling that there's no kind of safeguards from allowing a lame duck president to do whatever the fuck he wants in the ~3 months that he's aware he is no longer president. Oh wait, I guess there "are" but congress won't do anything about it, so it's utterly pointless. Pardons and such should 100000% be restricted from happening (and yes I'm well aware of Obama's notable pardon(s) days before his second term was up), but I guess we've never legit had a fucking crazy person in office until now.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    this shit is giving me so much anxiety. i can’t wait til wednesday is over

https://apnews.com/article/biden-ina...c9fefed1242ae8

what’s wrong with these people that they would do this for trump? what has trump done that deserves this loyalty? the covid death toll is 400k. his presidency should be remember as shameful and unpatriotic. he didn’t lead. he didn’t listen to science or experts. he wanted to slow the testing down. he’s the fucking worst.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    And this guy was just reelected to another six year term.

Graham asks Schumer to hold Senate vote on canceling impeachment trial

The Trump ally tells the Democratic leader the proceeding against a former president is unconstitutional and will impede “the healing of this great nation.”

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm a ball of anxiety right now. I just want the transition to take place, and then we can go back to having a president who wants to do the job.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    And this guy was just reelected to another six year term.

Graham asks Schumer to hold Senate vote on canceling impeachment trial

The Trump ally tells the Democratic leader the proceeding against a former president is unconstitutional and will impede “the healing of this great nation.”

So much for "enough is enough" I guess?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Trump to issue over 100 pardons on Tuesday morning:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7582587/t...-inauguration/

The fact that he's planning this for Tuesday morning tells me that there's something appalling in there in an attempt to upstage the inauguration.
    I bet Kodak Black is praying his name's in there, lol.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Lil Wayne, fo sho

I’m praying for Reality Winner’s name to be in there.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    A caught a news story that suggested the trump team was KIND of like, "selling" pardons? Apparently wealthy inmates are paying BIG money to "talk to a lawyer on Trump's team."

Because, of course he is

Edit: here is something about it from the WSJ. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/u...p-pardons.html

Edit: @allegro , he SHOULD pardon that lady. He sure got a little mileage out of comparing her to "Crooked Hillary" or whatever, but he's probably already forgotten about it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-19-2021 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Of course he is selling pardons, a grifter til the very end.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    hahahaha

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

i wish this was sold in american grocery stores.

last day everyone. take a moment to remember the 400,000 people that died while this criminal ignored his role.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Anxious to see this pardon list. I'm sure there will be some people worthy of a pardon sprinkled in to give cover for the really egregious names...but there better not be any of these trash insurrectionists.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Speaking of the pardon list, apparently the President can do secret pardons?

Congressman Krishnamoorthi Reintroduces The Presidential Pardon Transparency Act To Prevent The President From Issuing Secret Pardons

I wonder what other Presidents used this and on whom.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Its crazy to think what our nation would look like if Twitter treated Donald Trump with the same hammer they treat the rest of us, 4 years ago.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    A caught a news story that suggested the trump team was KIND of like, "selling" pardons? Apparently wealthy inmates are paying BIG money to "talk to a lawyer on Trump's team."

Because, of course he is

Edit: here is something about it from the WSJ. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/17/u...p-pardons.html

Edit: @allegro , he SHOULD pardon that lady. He sure got a little mileage out of comparing her to "Crooked Hillary" or whatever, but he's probably already forgotten about it.
    Yeah, I saw an article that mentioned quotes from his team and the going rate was $2 million for a pardon. And Lindsay Graham wants to cancel the impeachment trial?? Jesus, thank god there's only 26 hours left of this bullshit.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    NOW he says it?

JUST IN: Sen. McConnell on Capitol insurrection:
    "The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people, and they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government which they did not like."

Fuck you McConnell.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    hahahahahaha MyPillow guy says his products were dropped from major retailers

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ilers-n1254676

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Speaking of the pardon list, apparently the President can do secret pardons?

Congressman Krishnamoorthi Reintroduces The Presidential Pardon Transparency Act To Prevent The President From Issuing Secret Pardons
    I wonder what other Presidents used this and on whom.
    I watched some interesting discussions about this secret pardon thing on TV last night, and all attorneys who were experts in the subject agreed that the pardons do not have to be in writing but they must at least be conveyed to the proper authorities who can then implement them, and they must also be at least verbally conveyed to the intended recipient so said recipient can accept or reject said pardon. At such time the proper administrative authorities receive said pardon (or whatever other pardon-type action), it is most definitely no longer a “secret” as it must pass through dozens more people to make it happen.

See “Burdick” https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burd..._United_States

So the definition of “secret” appears to be “not a list provided to the public.” But the reality is that all of them will somehow become public.

However, I agree with the bill that would require all pardon actions to be published.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-19-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post

Pretty soon he'll be right back to smoking crack.... with my sympathies

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post

Q is a promo code for $40 off a brand new my pillow if you're interested. Used to be qanon.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    NOW he says it?

JUST IN: Sen. McConnell on Capitol insurrection:
    "The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people, and they tried to use fear and violence to stop a specific proceeding of the first branch of the federal government which they did not like."

Fuck you McConnell.
    I read that Cruz was in attendance but I can't find the link I saw that at right now.

Also, is that not a little bit of pot/kettle and a whole lot of black?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, I saw an article that mentioned quotes from his team and the going rate was $2 million for a pardon. And Lindsay Graham wants to cancel the impeachment trial?? Jesus, thank god there's only 26 hours left of this bullshit.
    You know, this pardon thing is a whole load of bullshit but it makes me want to know what Obama, Bush (x2), Clinton, and whomever else did to create their pardon lists. I recall a lot of activism around certain people getting one but I know that this isn't the first time money's been involved, it just can't be. It's politics FFS, money is in everything.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    You know, this pardon thing is a whole load of bullshit but it makes me want to know what Obama, Bush (x2), Clinton, and whomever else did to create their pardon lists. I recall a lot of activism around certain people getting one but I know that this isn't the first time money's been involved, it just can't be. It's politics FFS, money is in everything.
    The NYT article @elevenism linked explains it a bit. Apparently Clinton had some questionable transactions surrounding some pardons but according to the article the people pardoned went through proper review channels. Trump has completely ignored the typical review process.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks. I'll read that after this meeting.