Page 104 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Kamala Harris rested hand on Bibles, not a purse, during oath

I... don't really know what to say to this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    "Christians" are a cult.

Christians? They're fine. But the "Christians" are the ones who give the other ones a bad name.

aka "Real Christians". You're either Christian or not so saying you're "real" implies the other Christians aren't and thus you lose the game of Christ's teachings. or something like that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oh no...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

A thread about Nixon sure but the ideas are relevant today as well.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    MyPillow guy banned from Twitter! Ohhhh snap!

https://www.npr.org/2021/01/26/96067...d-from-twitter

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    mitch mcconnell voting against an impeachment trial is predictable but still disappointing. why are republicans such lowlifes when it comes to actual american values?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    mitch mcconnell voting against an impeachment trial is predictable but still disappointing. why are republicans such lowlifes when it comes to actual american values?

They're afraid of getting primaried. They think they're entitled to their seats once they get them and they'll do anything to hold on to them.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

there's a lot to think about with this information but this is the angle I wonder about the most.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    To Maddow and O’Donnell and the other news people:

“Affiant” rhymes with “defiant.”

It’s NOT “AFF-ee-ent.”

Ugh.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    This is huge! Trump was pushing his legal team to argue that the election was stolen on the Senate floor as his impeachment defense, so they quit 2 weeks before the trial:

I'm really hoping that this means the triumphant return of Rudy Giuliani to the Trump team

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    nonono...you're thinking too small. We should all be pushing for him to be his own lawyer.

Trump's impeachment defense is out. Bannon is reportedly encouraging him to go to the Senate himself.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    nonono...you're thinking too small. We should all be pushing for him to be his own lawyer.

Trump's impeachment defense is out. Bannon is reportedly encouraging him to go to the Senate himself.
    Ohmygod YES!!! I'll bring the popcorn!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Huh....?

I thought the pardon power would have to come from Mike Pence? That's what people were speculating about for a while, whether Trump would just resign and get Pence to pardon him.

In what other way would Trump be pardoned besides Biden (which he'd be crazy to even consider as far as I'm concerned)? I didn't think Presidents could pardon themselves. Or this is just some technicality due to absence of a clear law/rule that people are worried about having happened? I know that the secret pardons are a thing but for a sitting President? What?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Huh....?

I thought the pardon power would have to come from Mike Pence? That's what people were speculating about for a while, whether Trump would just resign and get Pence to pardon him.

In what other way would Trump be pardoned besides Biden (which he'd be crazy to even consider as far as I'm concerned)? I didn't think Presidents could pardon themselves. Or this is just some technicality due to absence of a clear law/rule that people are worried about having happened? I know that the secret pardons are a thing but for a sitting President? What?
    That's just BS from the Q folks. He didn't pardon himself, it would have been out by now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

lol, these motherfuckers...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

it is patently ridiculous that these people were ever in charge of anything. holy cow.

edit: for a view in the mind of the 'other side' as it were: https://www.deepcapture.com/2021/02/...e-december-18/
    Last edited by allegate; 02-03-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

contrasted with

Guys, they let her out to go on vacation.

they fucking let her out.

to go on vacation.

edit: apparently poor reporting since the initial story has been updated to say it's still just a request.
    Corrections and clarifications: A federal magistrate has not granted permission for Jenny Cudd to leave the country, as indicated in a previous version of this story.
    I am cynical enough to think that it was going to be approved until the blowback.
    Last edited by allegate; 02-03-2021 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

mrbillohno.gif

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    it gets better! apparently lawyers have a sense of humor when they get slam dunk cases.

edit: I have to admit the superscript 1 next to Introduction had me thinking it was an exclamation point for the longest time. I rather liked my version better. :/
    Last edited by allegate; 02-04-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    this shit with Marjorie Taylor Greene, and the GOP standing to applaud her... and her defense, "I didn't say these things DURING my campaign or since I won! I only talked about how Sandy Hook was a false flag thing BEFORE I ran for office, and only now, do I admit that isn't a very great thing to have said... now that I'm in office and you're all threatening to remove me, while I wear a mask that says 'Trump Won' on it."

I despise this person.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    it gets better! apparently lawyers have a sense of humor when they get slam dunk cases.
    Oh man, it's kind of a weird thing to admit to but one of my favorite things is reading legal filings written by a confident lawyer who's in a snark-ass mood.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Marjorie Taylor Green was removed from House committees tonight.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marjori...ay-02-04-2021/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I can’t believe anybody would vote for someone who would accuse you of being a liar if your child dies in a school shooting, it could happen in Georgia (maybe it has?) and would she have your back?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I can’t believe anybody would vote for someone who would accuse you of being a liar if your child dies in a school shooting, it could happen in Georgia (maybe it has?) and would she have your back?
    apparently she ran unopposed and that’s how she won.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    apparently she ran unopposed and that’s how she won.
    She wasn't unopposed exactly...the story behind that is fucking bonkers. https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...a/?arc404=true

Full disclosure: I started reading this when it was first published and I had to stop because it made me so anxious. She is as crazy and dangerous as she seems. And I don't believe dangerous as in she would pull out a gun on the floor of the House but that her rhetoric has emboldened absolute nutters capable of very bad things (see Jan 6). Although maybe I'm giving her too much credit.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Although maybe I'm giving her too much credit.
    You don't have to be particularly smart or clever to tip over the first domino at the beginning of the Rube Goldberg device.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    You don't have to be particularly smart or clever to tip over the first domino at the beginning of the Rube Goldberg device.
    Oh for sure. What I meant by that is i don't think she'd pull a gun in the House...but then again maybe she would.