Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    The fact that he's the puppet master concerns me deeply. If Dems lose seats in 22, Biden may be a one term president. The Repubs, if they have a full majority, will do WHATEVER it takes to get Trump in power. It's clear as day with what's happening now that they are willing to kiss the master's feet at all costs.
    If trump runs again, I'm pretty sure he'll win.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't see Trumpy running again. I'm sure he'll WANT to, but Republicans will trot out whoever they can that supports his "values" without throwing their support behind him. They're going to want someone they can control better (i.e. someone who doesn't put their foot in their mouth every time they speak), and god help us if they succeed. Honestly, I hope he gets rectal cancer before then so we don't have to be bombarded with his stupid fucking face.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 05-11-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Trump won't run again. This has always been 100% about his ego... and he never really expected to win the first time anyway. Then, he actually won, and wtf... and then he couldn't bear to lose, anything but that... and then he lost. He'll come up with a reason to never try again, and it'll be some blowhard nonsense about how he already did more than all people in the universe combined, and that at this point, the evil democrats would rather ruin everyone's lives rather than let him make America great again, and "guys, I just love this country too much... this country, and all of you... beautiful people out there in the dark..."

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I hope you two are right. And I think that trump was a useful idiot to the GOP establishment.

But they created a fucking monster. It's literally the Trump Party, now, to the point where they're filtering out lawmakers who don't repeat Trump's blatant lies.
    Millions of people who never gave a shit about politics are now fervent trump supporters. They couldn't tell you the three branches of gvmt, or what the Secretary of State does, but they looooove Donald Trump.
    The only way he doesn't run again is if someone convinces him not to: someone like Roger Stone or Steve Bannon. And I don't know why they would do that.

Trump is their ticket to minority rule.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Liz Cheney got the boot!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Yet, Cheney has a FAR more conservative voting record than her replacement. She has also voted WITH trump, more than her replacement. The other woman didn't even support trump in 2016.
    Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Trump won't run again.
    Bullshit, yes he will. And all of the votes that the Republicans pulled in for the 2020 election (record-breaking) are assumed to be because of Trump. Which is likely bullshit, but the GOP isn't taking any chances. It's why the House is lined up behind him; they don't want to lose any of those votes. They're whores. They don't want to lose that power. They will turn this country into an autocracy to keep that power. I'm not kidding.

If you read his niece's book, that gig filled Trump's giant ego and he wants that shit back. The White House was his Windsor Castle and all the world saluting him and guys in tuxes chasing him around waiting on him like he's royalty, and the world calling him "sir" is what he's been living for, his entire life.

The only thing that will stop him is an indictment and prison time.

Or, a grabber from all those cheeseburgers.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-12-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that's crazy loud, that part there at the end.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    If you read his niece's book, that gig filled Trump's giant ego and he wants that shit back. The White House was his Windsor Castle and all the world saluting him and guys in tuxes chasing him around waiting on him like he's royalty, and the world calling him "sir" is what he's been living for, his entire life.
    I got through a lot of her book but eventually, I just felt like I needed a break, and I'm not sure where I left off at this point. When I was reading it originally I was just really needing to keep my blood pressure down... the anxiety behind the possibility that this motherfucker might actually get re-elected at the time was just too much. Now that he's lost, I should probably go back and finish it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If trump runs again, I'm pretty sure he'll win.
    He's a demagogue figure now and the way media covered him the entire Presidency it's no wonder why he is considered one. He owns the Republican party now, there's not another candidate even close to him in popularity. What's your other choices? Ted fuckin' Cruz? Fucker Carlson? Chris Christie? Please.

If your standard democrat nominees are dogshit like they have been this entire past decade it won't be a surprise if he wins. At that point you'd have to question your nomination choices because if he has the ability to be elected twice then maybe Trump isn't the fucking problem with the elections or a specific voter base like people blindly wanna dismiss. Maybe your election nominee choices turn people off. Joe Biden is basically a republican who wears blue paraphernalia. If he doesn't run who is next in line for the Dems in 2024? His VP Kamala Harris? She was so fucking terrible she bombed out in the Democratic primaries before Iowa even concluded. What a joke.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-12-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I think Harris has a good chance to be the 2024 candidate, and I don't think her 2020 primaries performance will matter at all by then. She is easily the most popular Democrat right now (actively in elected office... the Obamas don't count here)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    If your standard democrat nominees are dogshit like they have been this entire past decade it won't be a surprise if he wins. At that point you'd have to question your nomination choices because if he has the ability to be elected twice then maybe Trump isn't the fucking problem with the elections or a specific voter base like people blindly wanna dismiss. Maybe your election nominee choices turn people off. Joe Biden is basically a republican who wears blue paraphernalia. If he doesn't run who is next in line for the Dems in 2024? His VP Kamala Harris? She was so fucking terrible she bombed out in the Democratic primaries before Iowa even concluded. What a joke.
    https://www.npr.org/2020/12/15/94503...vote-heres-why

A large portion (not all, but a large portion) of the 80 million people that stayed home this past November is who the current centrist bent of the Dem party is turning off. And it's exactly who they should be spending all their time & effort trying to go after, instead of trying to super serve the PMC that they already have locked up. Or worse yet, playing the riskiest game of all & focusing on trimming off juuuuuuuust enough centrist PMC Republicans to squeak by, instead of re-doubling efforts to attract the centrist working class folks they've lost to the right since NAFTA. Some may argue that they can do both at the same time, but I think the messaging is too broad to get both in any substantive way that would be a big boon at the polls.

Working class Latinos are a big focus of that article. That's the future, and that's the disaffected voter base they should concentrate on. Get them with both rhetoric & actual, real, implemented policy that they are yearning for...and the right is toast on an electoral level nationally. The Biden admin has been doing some real good so far on this front, but the messaging from Congressional leadership (and really just the Dem senators in general) is still absolutely not where it needs to be. Overall, a complete change of all Dem leadership is needed. Pelosi, Schumer, Durban, Clyburn et al are not even remotely equipped for the outreach needed to get more nonvoters, nor to fight toe to toe with the fascists on the other side. Biden has been more adept thus far (thanks mostly to CoS Ron Klain imo), but this is his last hurrah. And the less said about VP Top Cop, the better. Not equipped for any of this, and she will get lit up in 2024 if she ran against certain potential R candidates. I could see her juuuuuuust eeking out a tiny victory against others though. I hope they primary the fuck out of her if it's her in 2024, and all signs point to that happening from the actual left in the party.

I DO think she'd be in good shape in 2028 after a 2nd Biden term as long as the Biden admin doesn't stop trying to actually do things/change things. I really worry that with no structural change anywhere from his admin though, it won't be enough (and 2022 is looking grim right now for retaining the House). And there is absolutely no mention of any plans for structural change from them right now outside of HR-1/S-1, and I'm not holding my breath that the strongest reforms in the current version of the bill will make it across the finish line...again, b/c Dem leadership are weak, ill-equipped pussies. Or, maybe I'll just trot out my standard "paid to lose" line again.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'll say!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We have reached “11” of cult stupid. Listen to the question from the lady in the audience.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump will be at a $250K per person MAGA fundraiser at his golf club in NJ next week. Disgusting.

...same type of fundraisers he had while running for election and re-election...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Trump will be at a $250K per person MAGA fundraiser at his golf club in NJ next week. Disgusting.

...same type of fundraisers he had while running for election and re-election...
    I understand your fears, but he has been raising money nonstop since losing to cover his campaign debts. No reason to think this is anything different just yet.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    ^^^... yeah and honestly all these fundraisers more than likely aren't actually to fund any kind of reelection campaign but to help pay off the ridiculous amount of debt he's accumulated.

I still believe personally that Trump WON'T run again, but will put all of his faith and führer into Josh Hawley as the candidate.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Oh Rudy... you poor, miserable son of a bitch.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...as-feds-circle

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Instead of drawing districts, it should just be "these counties right here" and that's it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

The eagle has landed.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I gotta believe that Mary Trump’s giant data dump to the New York Times started this, as well as Michael Cohen’s testimony.

Bravo.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

can't wait to see how mad it makes him that a black man dared say that about him. and the other racists who want to be noticed by senpai? oh boy.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I guess Obama is the most relatable president of our lifetime, because those are exactly my thoughts too!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Nice to see Marjorie Taylor Green carrying the torch.

After comparing having to wear a mask in the House to being a JEW IN THE HOLOCAUST,

she doubled down, saying that "every rational Jew didn't like Nazi Germany, just like every rational Jew is against Pelosi asking us to wear masks in the House."

Lololololol, I'm fucking dead.

Keep in mind that this is the lady who blamed the 2018 California wildfires on Jewish Space Lasers, and ran, more or less, as a member of the Qanon party.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Nice to see Marjorie Taylor Green carrying the torch.

After comparing having to wear a mask in the House to being a JEW IN THE HOLOCAUST,

she doubled down, saying that "every rational Jew didn't like Nazi Germany, just like every rational Jew is against Pelosi asking us to wear masks in the House."

Lololololol, I'm fucking dead.

Keep in mind that this is the lady who blamed the 2018 California wildfires on Jewish Space Lasers, and ran, more or less, as a member of the Qanon party.
    The GOP is really betting on the wrong horse here. They actually seem convinced that if they ditch Trump and this Qanon stuff, that they're doomed. I don't get it. You guys are running out of time to act like reasonable people, and this isn't something you can reclaim later if it goes too far.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I think it's gone too far. The GOP has found the new way to control their ignorant mass, and they're going with it. They don't have standards, as long as they're in control. If Trump falls, they'll find another rabid idiot to replace him. Until then, they'll use Trump as their standard bearer.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm with @Magnetic on this one.

People LOVE this shit. I guarantee you tens of millions of assholes are ANGRY that MTG is receiving any blowback for this. This shit makes them STRONGER: now, they can say that poor MTG is being persecuted by far left PC culture.

And I mean, I'm certain that 98% of Republican lawmakers KNOW better, but they won't speak up. And it's because, their voters, and their loudest, most offensive proponents, with, and including trump as their Dear Leader, are the useful idiots who will keep the establishment in power.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    if the GOP on large thinks it's a great strategy to get all full-on Info Wars w/ shit, godspeed. You fuckers will never hold power again. Yes, they've always pandered to nuts... but I think Republicans have always viewed Evangelicals as useful idiots. I don't think the majority of the conservative party is going to really go along with this sort of madness. Maybe if they'd won that last election... but they didn't. They're "doing an autopsy" now, and I don't understand anyone there who is scratching their head about whether the whole Trump/Q thing was a great idea that worked out well for them.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-25-2021 at 11:46 PM.