Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    this all reminds me of the fable where the frog agrees to give the scorpion a ride across the river, because their situation is mutually beneficial, and the scorpion explains to the frog that he won't sting him, because if he does they'll both die, so the frog says OK, and then the scorpion stings the frog. And the frog says "oh god, now we're all gonna die! WHY!?" and the scorpion says "you knew I was a scorpion you idiot. It's what I am."

I just can't decide if the frog is Mitch McConnell or Donald Trump, or the GOP in general. They have so completely destroyed themselves.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    OK, two thoughts:

1) the frog is the people who voted for him, maybe?

2)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    hate that Pepe the frog shit so much. I know, the guy who created it is just a completely harmless dude who is probably more horrified at how his "creation" is being used/abused than anyone else...

But really, that is such a horrible illustration. It's just dogshit. Everything about it is annoying.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    hate that Pepe the frog shit so much. I know, the guy who created it is just a completely harmless dude who is probably more horrified at how his "creation" is being used/abused than anyone else...

But really, that is such a horrible illustration. It's just dogshit. Everything about it is annoying.
    I loved Pepe, but like everything Trump ever touched it was completely ruined.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    That kind of re-appropriation is pretty typical from these people. How many rock legends have sued Trump to stop playing their music at his rallies?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    That kind of re-appropriation is pretty typical from these people. How many rock legends have sued Trump to stop playing their music at his rallies?
    And the craziest one there was when he kept playing Fortunate Son at his rallies... that was just bizarre.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I saw this earlier and honestly, it would be pretty hard to resist the urge to punch it right in the face.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    There's a dude who stands down on the corner of a busy intersection near me every now and then and he has one of those boxing training punching things, dressed it up in a suit, and taped trumps face too it, and has a sign encouraging people to get out and punch it when theyre stopped at a light. It's fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Sounds cathartic. Sign me up.
    Though I my state it would provoke issues.

I wish I could projectile vomit acid on those fucking Drump-supporting trucks with the flags. Just let me be one of those Jurassic park venom rapters and I d be happy.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    How Trump Steered Supporters Into Unwitting Donations

The sheer magnitude of the money involved is staggering for politics. In the final two and a half months of 2020, the Trump campaign, the Republican National Committee and their shared accounts issued more than 530,000 refunds worth $64.3 million to online donors. All campaigns make refunds for various reasons, including to people who give more than the legal limit. But the sum the Trump operation refunded dwarfed that of Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s campaign and his equivalent Democratic committees, which made 37,000 online refunds totaling $5.6 million in that time.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    MI6 spy Christopher Steele 'produced second dossier on Donald Trump for FBI

Article is behind a paywall but pro-tip (kinda scummy i know) : if you use Firefox and hit the reader view toggle. Just refresh the page while in reader view and it should grab the whole thing.

Here's an excerpt, there's not much more to it than that really.

It'll be interesting if this second dossier is ever leaked out.

It'd be nice if it all led to the bastard being put into a deep dark hole somewhere for the rest of his days.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 05-03-2021 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trump deserves the worst that can happen to him, I really believe that. During his presidency, I made a comment to friend: "I didn't know I could hate someone I've never met before so much." Unfortunately, I think he'll escape any repercussions.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Huh... This can't be good for someone.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Fucking good. Talk shit get hit mother fucker.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    waiting for him to create more accounts to be banned, like DJTChair or DJTtoilet

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Fucking good. Talk shit get hit mother fucker.
    I'm starting to suspect that Twitter is only making these gesture-moves to prove they'll do something where in similar situations Facebook will not, and it's a strange line in the sand in how they're defining what their company is "all about" at this point in time.

Twitter is realizing that they completely let the genie out of the bottle, and now they're trying to say "we're sorry!"

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    waiting for him to create more accounts to be banned, like DJTChair or DJTtoilet
    Nah, that's too creative for them. They'll just put a '2' after the username and pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Someone already created "DJTShit" and it was instantly suspended

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    We are such a stupid country with such a short memory. People are going to need to be continually reminded of the horror this man fomented & why he cannot be allowed to rehabilitate himself or come back into the spotlight ever again. Between all the Big Lie stuff and then especially 1/6, the populous has to never forget what an absolute menace he is. His continued actions do make all that clear at least. He hasn't changed at all. And now look at Liz Cheney being forced out of power in the House. He is still running that party. This monster needs to be put down. Things won't change for the better on that side of the aisle until he's completely gone.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Totally agree Solo.

He has a legit chance of winning in 2024. That pisses me off beyond belief.

Our old "pal" (sarcasm of course) from NJ Chris Christie is considering a run too.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    What the actual fuck

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    What's fucked up is that Republicans are overrepresented in gvmt.
    Senate democrats represent like 40 million more people than Republicans, but they have a 50 50 split.
    On top of that, they have the most watched cable news channel and the most media engagement online.
    AND, they have a big ass persecution complex thing going. They're whining about being censored and cancelled during interviews on the country's #1 cable news channel.

And they all either love, or fear, Trump.

Meanwhile, they're scrambling to create blatant voter suppression to all but guarantee a victory in 2022 and 2024.
    There are fewer of these people than there are of us, but they're beating us by playing REALLY dirty. It's not just Trump, it's brilliant strategists like Roger Stone. The persecution complex bullshit is going to bring their voters out in fucking droves, while many on the left won't vote because it's too fucking HARD, by design, OR, they'll underestimate how pissed off and fired up the right is.

Edit: also, look at what @allegro posted above. These people DO NOT give a FUCK about decorum, ANYMORE.

I'm not so sure Epilogue is the right title for this thread, yet.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    What the actual fuck

that sounds like grounds for an old fashioned ass whoopin'. See how much he likes buckwheat when that's all he can eat because his jaw's wired shut.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    that sounds like grounds for an old fashioned ass whoopin'. See how much he likes buckwheat when that's all he can eat because his jaw's wired shut.
    I showed that video to my husband, and he said "somebody needs to beat the living fuck outa that guy" especially after I showed him THE SECOND TWEET (BELOW). See this.

Last edited by allegro; 05-07-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Gerrymandering and voter suppression. And right now, the GOP is getting rid of Liz Cheney for renouncing Trump.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Gerrymandering and voter suppression. And right now, the GOP is getting rid of Liz Cheney for renouncing Trump.

Yet, Cheney has a FAR more conservative voting record than her replacement. She has also voted WITH trump, more than her replacement. The other woman didn't even support trump in 2016.

But Cheney won't repeat Trump's lies, and this lady will.

This has become an EXTREME cult of personality. The "GOP" no longer has SHIT to do with conservatism, or state's rights, or small gvmt. It's JUST about swearing allegiance to trump and parroting whatever he says.

He's the puppet master, here.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The fact that he's the puppet master concerns me deeply. If Dems lose seats in 22, Biden may be a one term president. The Repubs, if they have a full majority, will do WHATEVER it takes to get Trump in power. It's clear as day with what's happening now that they are willing to kiss the master's feet at all costs.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    personally I'm rooting for the cheeseburger or well-done steak to win against him.

There's going to be a power vacuum when that happens. If it were another country it would be fascinating to watch but it's not so it's scary af.