Page 95 of 113 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the parler hack is one thing, but I originally did create an account on it just to see what the hell people were saying on there. I made one trolly comment telling people on there to fuck off and then deleted my account, but really, I hope I'm not tossed into some massive doxxing data breach "fuck you" gesture
    I doubt they're looking for you. As long as you didn't provide phone number, address, etc I think you're fine. Bonus points for the "verified citizens" who uploaded both sides of their driver's license. LOL.

Weird posts from another forum.

OP: The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in line to the Presidency were at serious risk. 2 and 3 would probably have died if the mob had not been stopped. This was intentionally provoked by Trump to maintain power. The goal was likely Pence dies, it’s blamed on antifa, and Trump enacts martial law, and declares the election invalid.
    He cannot get away with this.

Reply 1:
    Let’s not forget he pardoned Flynn who stated martial law should be in place and we then have a do over on the election. They want conspiracy theories but don’t question the obvious: TRUMP WAS SETTING THIS UP A WHILE BACK. Take a look at what his buddy Putin and Ergodan have done.

Reply 2:
    It absolutely was. Someone on Twitter who studies hate groups and has infiltrated their message boards, had screen grabs outlining this exact scenario. Lots of cryptic language, too, as they tried to be somewhat coded in their messaging but even a clueless layperson like me got the gist.
    What’s so crazy/fascinating to me is how they would analyze every word of Trump’s tweets for secret messages. It explains Trump’s panic at losing his account. Sure he has other ways to communicate with the public but he clearly is more interested in a very specific audience.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I doubt they're looking for you. As long as you didn't provide phone number, address, etc I think you're fine
    You had to give them your phone number and a verifiable email address to even look at the page... so yeah, it was a stupid thing to do, but they needed this two step verification bullshit that was actually really invasive. Pretty sure I used a burner junk email and a fake name and info, but still... And so yeah of course they got hacked. I made one post on there mocking Dinesh D'Souza and then deleted my account. Hopefully that actually scrubbed it from their servers, but that's really unlikely.

Honestly, I barely remember. I made the account kind of casually, barely thinking about it. I didn't really realize how crazy it was going to be. One of the reasons I immediately deleted my account (the same day I made it) was I read some of the shit people were saying on there, and realized "Holy shit! If this site gets hacked, I do not want ANY of my personal data to be found anywhere near this crazy shit."
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-11-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    the parler hack is one thing, but I originally did create an account on it just to see what the hell people were saying on there. I made one trolly comment telling people on there to fuck off and then deleted my account, but really, I hope I'm not tossed into some massive doxxing data breach "fuck you" gesture
    "Dang, Jethro, we gotta git that troll. Get the guns. What's his address?"
    "123 Fake Street, Fake City, USA."
    "What in tarnation? That's the tenth guy from there today!"

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

lol

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Re impeachment:

While it’s likely that Democrats would not gather a full majority in the Senate to convict (especially by January 20th to remove), it’s entirely possible for Democrats to gather enough votes to obtain a simple majority AFTER Trump is out of office that bars him from office in the future, which is the only other remedy for impeachment:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...e-if-convicted

This remedy would also greatly help REPUBLICANS, to rid them of Trump in the 2024 primary cycle.

Not sure if this would affect his pension and his up-to-one-million-dollar-per-year travel stipend.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/rayredacted/stat...118273537?s=21

Oh, those poor souls. No-Fly lists are such a burden.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The problem with the #NoFlyList is that there are a lot of videos that aren't related. There are two that are great though.

A short read but it is interesting.

I would call this a Pearl Harbor event in that they didn't care before but now? Now they have a laser-focused attention on them and it's going to be very bad for a lot of people.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-11-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I'm sure this will get corrected but for now: WTF!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Deep state! Antifa hack! Uh, fake website... fake words!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Got me excited there.....but apparently this has happened before too:

https://bnonews.com/index.php/2021/0...ps-term-ended/

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Oh man that's crazy

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Well, one step forward, two steps back... Now here come the Antifa did that conspiracies, round 2.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    weird take, seriously.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The problem with the #NoFlyList is that there are a lot of videos that aren't related. There are two that are great though.

A short read but it is interesting.

I would call this a Pearl Harbor event in that they didn't care before but now? Now they have a laser-focused attention on them and it's going to be very bad for a lot of people.

Great article. The FBI is the highest level of “Blue.” They’re not some office-dwelling suits like most people think. They’re gun-carrying police with a wider reach than any PD, and virtually no rules. Do NOT fuck with them.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-11-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Clarification from the person who did it:

https://gizmodo.com/every-deleted-pa...dat-1846032466

I LOVE that their name is Crash Override (from the 1995 movie Hackers).

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    oh, well ok then, go nuts!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    John Dean weighs in:

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    what really is the point of impeaching him again after he's already been removed from office, and he's already been impeached? Seems like such an empty gesture.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    what really is the point of impeaching him again after he's already been removed from office, and he's already been impeached? Seems like such an empty gesture.
    well, there's this but also (especially) the bolded.
    Re impeachment:

While it’s likely that Democrats would not gather a full majority in the Senate to convict (especially by January 20th to remove), it’s entirely possible for Democrats to gather enough votes to obtain a simple majority AFTER Trump is out of office that bars him from office in the future, which is the only other remedy for impeachment:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...e-if-convicted

This remedy would also greatly help REPUBLICANS, to rid them of Trump in the 2024 primary cycle.

Not sure if this would affect his pension and his up-to-one-million-dollar-per-year travel stipend.
    Also saw that if he's removed-removed, then he would also lose his Secret Service detail.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I believe he can never run for office again if he is impeached and found guilty in the Senate.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Anything to meaningfully punish his incitement of insurrection and further tarnish his shameful legacy, as well as discourage any like-minded politician(s) from trying to emulate his behavior in the future is absolutely worthwhile, IMO.

My understanding is that if he is convicted, it also has the following bonuses:
    • He loses his 200k+ pension for the rest of his life
    • He loses his $1M/year travel allowance (according to the link @eskimo posted below, this may not be true)
    • And perhaps most importantly, he loses his ability to run again in 2024. (again, according to the link below, this may require an additional vote)

Contrary to several posts I've seen online, because of an amendment to The Former Presidents Act of 1958 made in 2013, a former president who has been removed from office due to impeachment and conviction is still guaranteed lifetime Secret Service protection.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 01-11-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Correct, if impeached and found guiltily, Trump would be barred from running for office in the future. Which is a great argument to impeach him, even if he does have less than two weeks left in office at this point.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I had been reading that thing going around, most of it isn't true:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/polit...ice/index.html

. He loses the pension on conviction.
    . There apparently is no $1m/year travel allowance
    . Banning him from running again would require an additional vote.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Plus, he would be the only president in US history to be impeached twice, which would just be a hilarious little cherry on top.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Why do all these stipulations only apply to a second impeachment? Why was none of this attached to his first impeachment? Is it because he was exonerated by the GOP?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Why do all these stipulations only apply to a second impeachment? Why was none of this attached to his first impeachment? Is it because he was exonerated by the GOP?
    because the senate didn’t convict him. he was only impeached by the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    They apply to conviction/removal from office as a result of impeachment. Trump's first impeachment trial ended with him being acquitted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I had been reading that thing going around, most of it isn't true:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/polit...ice/index.html

. He loses the pension on conviction.
    . There apparently is no $1m/year travel allowance
    . Banning him from running again would require an additional vote.
    My bad if I was wrong, but I think it's true that if he's impeached, and found guilty as well, he'll lose most of the benefits of being a former president?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Great article. The FBI is the highest level of “Blue.” They’re not some office-dwelling suits like most people think. They’re gun-carrying police with a wider reach than any PD, and virtually no rules. Do NOT fuck with them.
    Is it sad that this makes me happy? Maybe...just maybe this will be a way to fight back against the BS that Russia unleashed?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ...what the hell is going on here.

Last edited by allegate; 01-11-2021 at 04:08 PM.