Page 91 of 113 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Doesn't he need a specific crime of which to be pardoned?
    He could issue a blanket pardon for "any and all offenses". Whether that holds up seems to be yet another unanswered question. He's surely going to try this with his kids, Kush, Rudy...even if it only applies to federal crimes. Their legal exposure is considerable.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    It is almost like there should be a law that says you can’t break the law

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    here he goes, tweeting about his patriots again.

something NEEDS to be done TODAY

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Twitter should ban him, like they should have years ago

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

the whole thread is magnificent, check it out.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

the whole thread is magnificent, check it out.
    Yeah, more or less, that's it.

I was at Home Depot once, and was waiting in line to buy whatever crap I was buying, I don't even remember what it was. This older white dude and his wife (presumably) were in front of me in the check out line. The dude couldn't help himself, and started telling the white guy behind the counter about his Obama-Kenya conspiracy theories. This did not turn out to be a short moment. He started telling the guy all about how Hawaii has been complicit in covering this up, recited what he claimed was Obama's real social security number, then recited some other social security number that he claimed was Obama's "fake social security number." This went on and on and on...

The guy's wife, meanwhile, is standing there with a vacant expression, saying nothing the whole time, just looking sort of defeated and miserable. The clerk behind the counter smiled and nodded his head repeatedly, and tried to not make eye-contact with me as I grew increasingly pissed off...

And in hindsight, I totally screwed up there. I should have said something. Not because this guy was wasting my time, but because he's a racist piece of self-indulgent shit who gets away with spouting insanity at people to validate his world-view. At the time, I was just so exhausted with the whole "birther" thing that it wasn't even shocking. I was just annoyed that I couldn't just buy the shit I was trying to buy, whatever that was... because like I said, I don't even remember what the hell I was buying at the time.

But later it really nagged at me. I should have said "Hey, asshole, nobody gives a shit about your insane racist bullshit. This poor woman standing next to you is locked into an insufferable position where she has to hear you go on about bullshit all the time, and maybe she agrees, or says she does, but YOU do not believe the shit you're saying. You know you don't really know what Obama's social security number is. At least, god I hope you don't. You KNOW this poor guy behind the counter is incapable of offering an earnest response or opinion, because it might mean he gets fired; so you're exploiting that. You're forcing him to stand here and listen to your bullshit, that you don't even really believe."

But y'know, I guess at the time, I just wanted to buy whatever the hell it was I wanted to buy and get out of there

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Sore loser, or just afraid of getting arrested right after Biden is sworn in?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    is there a word for "a coward whose cowardice directly results in them being placed in situations which terrify them?"

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Didn't he say that already?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, we call them "Trumps".

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Insanity, wow.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This is too good not to share:

Americans: "This is not who we are."
    ⓘ This claim is disputed

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I understand giving Pence 24 hours to invoke the 25th, but at this point he's not going to. If they're not in session today to impeach him, then they don't really understand the urgency of this.

Waiting until next week to file the articles is too long, and completely undercuts any argument you have for this needing to happen urgently, in trying to push the turtle to actually take it to a vote before the clock runs out.

Come on democrats, get it fucking on.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm not impressed by their tantrum, and I'm not scared of any of this bullshit. There was a shirtless dude with American Flag face paint and a viking hat named Qanon Shaman leading the charge. Fuck you Y'all Qaeda Vanilla Isis dorks.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Vanilla Isis" ...totally stealing that!!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Dude who stole Pelosi's mail in FBI custody under 3 federal charges. DONT YA JUST LOVE TO SEE IT.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/us-capitol-riots-arrest-pelosi-desk/index.html

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Dude who stole Pelosi's mail in FBI custody under 3 federal charges. DONT YA JUST LOVE TO SEE IT.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/us-capitol-riots-arrest-pelosi-desk/index.html
    LOVE. IT.

"Just because you've left the DC region you can still expect a knock on the door if we find out you were part of the criminal activity at the Capitol," said Steven D'Antuono, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Washington field office.
    "The FBI is not sparing any resources in this investigation," he said.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post

definitely going to get a lot of use of the "oh no, it's the consequences of my actions" memes over the coming months huh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Auto-correct. Point I was making is neither lets the other do anything they want and brick walls everything the other does, good or bad, no matter what the angle. Obama enacted his health plan, Trump got rid of it, Biden will reinstate it. 3 terms involving the same thing isn't progress.

Anyways, I'll see myself out.
    I just want to say that I didn't mean to insult or belittle your opinion, for the record (I hope you didn't take it that way). I do agree that politics in the US have become very much like sports, in that many people will double-down and remain loyal to their side/candidate (or "team") no matter what, through thick & thin, win or lose (and in Trump's case, right or wrong). And no, it doesn't bode well for our country making any long-term progress if we just keep taking turns taking control of the country every 4/8 years and each side pushes their shit through while repealing and rolling back all of the policies of the previous administration like you said. It's beginning to feel like a power-shifting pendulum, swinging back & forth in an eternal tug-of-war.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So it would appear that his twitter account is suspended, though I haven't heard any news stations reporting it, it says it's suspended when I visit it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Woohoo!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    the twitter president can’t tweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    The way I understand it is he can issue himself a pardon but until it is tested in court it's nothing more than an endless cyclone of discussion among legal scholars as to whether it is valid or not. So even if he tries this it doesn't just end there. Am I wrong on this?
    The OLC Memo of 1974 states that a President cannot serve as a judge in his own case.

Translation: He can’t pardon himself.

See: August 5, 1974

https://www.justice.gov/file/20856/download
    Last edited by allegro; 01-08-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    yet he still has access to nuclear codes.

I'm happy his account is blocked.

I hope there's a quick impeachment process starting on Monday.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is one of the people who died at the Capitol riot.

He tazed himself in the nuts with his own stun gun and died of a heart attack.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    that poor reply-guy, what's he going to do now?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    This is one of the people who died at the Capitol riot.

He tazed himself in the nuts with his own stun gun and died of a heart attack.

Wha....wha... I shouldn’t laugh but....