Page 108 of 113 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,240 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @ltrandazzo You already know I agree. Kill this thing.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Because the Republicans who voted to acquit do not believe the Senate is the proper venue to try a former President, in their interpretation of the Constitution.

They believe that the Constitution says that ONLY the Senate can try him while he’s in office (with two remedies available: kick him out of office, to then be available to convict under the criminal justice system, and/or prevent him from holding office in the future). They believe that since he is now no longer protected from the criminal justice system, he should therefore be tried by the criminal justice system.
    Nah they don't. They're just passing the buck and you know it. McConnel hasn't even tried to hide this. He's basically like, "I'm the GOP, what the fuck you going to do?". A Wall Street Journal op-ed just makes it all the more pathetic.

This also takes them off the hook from being judged by voters in upcoming elections

And NOTHING the Democratic House Managers did would ever change that.
    Bingo! They've made their point anyway.

However, a jury of Trump’s peers finding him guilty as charged will be okay for them to applaud as “justice served.”

The Senate lightly slapping Trump by finding him guilty and “sentencing” him to not being able to run, again? Yeah, that would save us from having to go through this again; but COME ON, is that really JUSTICE???

Fuck no.

Trump needs a PRISON SENTENCE, just like all the people he sent to the Capitol are facing.

A Senate impeachment trial is not a criminal proceeding; it’s wholly a political procedure, in the absence of an available criminal procedure. In this proceeding, there IS an available criminal procedure; therein lies the Constitutional rub.
    That's exactly what they're hoping happens. Chances are good, but, eh.

Honestly, I think the best chance the GOP has to move on from this perpetual joke, is the fact he's been deplatformed on Twitter. Goodbye self perpetuating news cycles.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Also why is everyone demanding that this thread be closed? Surely there's more to discuss here? I mean this shit is going to be in the high school curriculum history books for fucking centuries to come.
    Last edited by DF118; 02-17-2021 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Nah they don't. They're just passing the buck and you know it.
    This is what this article states: https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...it-ncna1258065

But, while she is a former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of California, I disagree with her assertion that McConnell had “the best possible tool to hold the former president accountable.” The punishment via that “tool” was total bullshit. It’s a mild slap on the wrist, it’s fucking insulting. Fuck that. And that punishment is still available in criminal court.

Also, she states:

“McConnell took a problem that the Senate was uniquely positioned to handle — a president's dereliction of duty and violation of his oath of office — and told the nation that it is the job of criminal prosecutors to deal with it.”

EXCEPT there was ONE Article of Impeachment and it wasn’t about dereliction of duty or violation of oath of office; neither of those were cited; the Article was for Incitement of Insurrection.

I think the House made a mistake in not specifying dereliction of duty as a specific Article. I also think they should have included a specific Article for violating the 14th Amendment.

But I wonder if civil lawsuits will be even more successful than criminal against Trump. He can’t hide from discovery, anymore.

Ultimately, I agree with you. Republicans aren’t gutless. They’re cunning, evil, self-serving little pricks. They are also really stupid. Several of those Republicans plan to run for President in 2024, against Trump. They would have been smart to banish him.

Here is a REALLY interesting article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...oval-problems/
    Last edited by allegro; 02-18-2021 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Trump is speaking at CPAC next week. He is planning to (of course) denounce what Biden has been doing. Won't be surprised if he announces he's running again too

The man should not be allowed to speak anywhere.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Trump is speaking at CPAC next week. He is planning to (of course) denounce what Biden has been doing. Won't be surprised if he announces he's running again too

The man should not be allowed to speak anywhere.
    positive spin attempt: maybe his refusal to go away quietly will strengthen the resolve of those that are bringing cases against him? Many of the parties in that position sadly need that push, and whatever nasty shit he says next week should be a good reminder to those people that they can't let this shit go...that they need to make this fucker pay.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Apparently 46% of polled registered Republicans would ditch GOP for a “Trump party.”

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "Dominion Voting Systems sues MyPillow and CEO Mike Lindell for more than $1.3 billion"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22/busin...ceo/index.html

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Apparently 46% of polled registered Republicans would ditch GOP for a “Trump party.”
    And because everything they do is a projection, you can probably identify these registered Republicans by the frequency of the word "cuck" in their social media output.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    What’s great is that it’s becoming increasingly clear to even establishment republicans that Trump is now a clear threat to them as well, and it’s now in EVERYONE’s best interest that he be punished, shamed, and thrown in jail

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    "Dominion Voting Systems sues MyPillow and CEO Mike Lindell for more than $1.3 billion"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22/busin...ceo/index.html

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    What’s great is that it’s becoming increasingly clear to even establishment republicans that Trump is now a clear threat to them as well, and it’s now in EVERYONE’s best interest that he be punished, shamed, and thrown in jail
    the fact that Cruz hasn't been impeached yet is maddening. and also- maybe people aren't taking it as serious as they should...politicians and civilians...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    the fact that Cruz hasn't been impeached yet is maddening. and also- maybe people aren't taking it as serious as they should...politicians and civilians...
    Senators aren’t impeached. They’re expelled.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Senators aren’t impeached. They’re expelled.
    that's what I meant.
    no accountability, an enablement.

I know it wouldn't happen anyway, much like Trump wasn't convicted.

my co-worker said yesterday, "this might just be a one year vacation. it's possible the Republicans take things back next year, and Trump runs again in 2024. "

I nearly vomited at the thought. I don't see it happening, but sadly, I wouldn't be surprised. either way, i expect the division to grow more in this country, ugh.

"but people like Mcconnel have moved on" ...have they? it wasn't until the votes were tallied that Mitch decided he was done with Trump. if trump is the presumptive nominee in 2024, Mitch will be right behind him.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Eh, I think emperor Palpatine has found that Donald J Trump has expended his usefulness.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    that's what I meant.
    no accountability, an enablement.

I know it wouldn't happen anyway, much like Trump wasn't convicted.

my co-worker said yesterday, "this might just be a one year vacation. it's possible the Republicans take things back next year, and Trump runs again in 2024. "

I nearly vomited at the thought. I don't see it happening, but sadly, I wouldn't be surprised. either way, i expect the division to grow more in this country, ugh.

"but people like Mcconnel have moved on" ...have they? it wasn't until the votes were tallied that Mitch decided he was done with Trump. if trump is the presumptive nominee in 2024, Mitch will be right behind him.
    quoting myself because it's too predictable:
    McConnel says he will "absolutely" support Trump if he's the 2024 nominee
    https://www.axios.com/mcconnell-trum...7d16ab82b.html

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Nothing strange about that at all.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

they really are shooting themselves in the foot and enjoying it at the same time.

not that they need to worry with the Dems doing the same thing right now.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    There's going to be double the security tomorrow (March 4th) at the Capitol because there's a stupid Qanon theory that Trump will be back in charge of the White House tomorow

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-c...ry?id=76220536

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    There's going to be double the security tomorrow (March 4th) at the Capitol because there's a stupid Qanon theory that Trump will be back in charge of the White House tomorow

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-c...ry?id=76220536
    i saw this in a comment thread last week. if you are american and believe this to be true, you are a traitor. that’s not how democracy works. what’s wrong with your brain that you even think this is a cool idea?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i saw this in a comment thread last week. if you are american and believe this to be true, you are a traitor. that’s not how democracy works. what’s wrong with your brain that you even think this is a cool idea?
    I'm looking forward to lurking on reddit tomorrow so I can catch up on all the disillusioned Qanon idiots moving their goal posts again (people on Reddit are far braver than I to wade through all that shit).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    HAAAAAAAAAAhahahaaaaaaaa this is awesome.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I feel like you could have maybe - just maybe! - done something about that?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    If I have to hear ONE more person refer to Lindsey Graham as “honest,” I’m going to puke so violently that my eyeballs will explode, and somehow, green Exorcist-pea-soup-puke is going to projectile vomit from my empty eye cavities, and it’ll probably suck, so please, please... let’s all just agree Graham is maybe the slimiest weasel in the GOP world at this point, and that’s saying something.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    RNC responds to Trump's cease-and-desist letters
    The RNC told the ex-president's lawyer that it "has every right to refer to public figures as it engages in core, First Amendment-protected political speech." The RNC's response was first reported by Politico.
    They are so screwed.
    "There's only one way to contribute to our efforts to elect America first Republican conservatives and in turn, make America great again and that's through Save America PAC and DonaldJTrump.com," Mr. Trump said. He repeated the fundraising pitch in a statement Monday night and said, "No more money for RINOS (Republican in name only). They do nothing but hurt the Republican Party and our great voting base - they will never lead us to Greatness."