Page 64 of 113 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 3385

Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    I think this is part of the problem. I don't like Harris or Biden, but people voted for them this time because Trump needed to go.
    I'm against fascism, but I don't support antifa when they use violence. I'm all for men and women being equals, but radical feminists are awful.
    Not all Trump supporters are brainwashed racists, some have their own reasons.
    The reasons why they support Trump might be selfish, but we should agree to disagree, then move on.
    Since when did calling someone awful based on his/her policy history make someone racist or sexist? That's a bit much.
    Feels like there's no such thing as middle ground anymore.
    The middle ground is a very lonely place. Where both sides are likely to dislike and perhaps attack you. The art of compromise has been lost to history I suppose. And things will NOT get better until we, as a society, learn once again how to have a conversation and resolve our differences via give and take.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    No, there IS.

But what about respect and empathy and not being mean? What happened to that? When do we become the people we hate? Trump?

He didn’t SAY she was awful based on policy history. YOU did. He just said she was an awful person, and left it at that. I called it out, he got upset. But here’s what I’m trying to get us NOT to do:

You didn’t call it out. You didn’t say “dude call her policies awful, back the fuck off”
    You said I was sexist and racist. That’s why I got upset.

It seems we both have a small amount of work to do in regards to wording our thoughts and opinions.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    The reasons why they support Trump might be selfish, but we should agree to disagree, then move on.
    See, THIS to me is the problem. This whole idea of "agree to disagree", like we're talking about whether pineapple belongs on pizza or not. There's no progress in "agree to disagree" because it prevents discourse. That's why nothing gets done, because we shrug off other people's beliefs rather than engaging them and challenging them and getting to the heart of the matter.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    You didn’t call it out. You didn’t say “dude call her policies awful, back the fuck off”
    You said I was sexist and racist. That’s why I got upset.
    I was being honest. I’m a woman and that just looked like a dumb Trump dog whistle. I called it out. I DID say back the fuck off.

You COULD have said, “yeah, sorry, that was kind of harsh. It did look kinda sexist and/or racist. What I meant was ...”

Instead, you told me to eat your ass and called me an asshole. So, yeah, hooray for discourse.

Anyway, we ARE at least on the same anti-Trump team and that’s a lot right now.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    See, THIS to me is the problem. This whole idea of "agree to disagree", like we're talking about whether pineapple belongs on pizza or not. There's no progress in "agree to disagree" because it prevents discourse. That's why nothing gets done, because we shrug off other people's beliefs rather than engaging them and challenging them and getting to the heart of the matter.
    There will always be situations where compromise is unattainable regarding a particular subject matter. In these (realistic) situations, it's not only appropriate but also advisable to "agree to disagree" and move on, as common ground may be attainable for other concerns. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water!

Edited to add: pineapple is mandatory on any pizza which also has anchovies and feta cheese. But everyone knows that.
    Last edited by zero; 11-04-2020 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added stray thought

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Edited to add: pineapple is mandatory on any pizza which also has anchovies and feta cheese. But everyone knows that.
    WHOA dude what the FUCK?! Eeeeeeeekkkkkkk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Sometimes nothing is better than something, when they have their own reason and you can't convince them otherwise.
    How they act might seem unethical to you, but at the same time it could make perfect sense to them.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    When Biden wins I want to see him in a scene like this with Trump in the role of Alex.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any bets he will run again in 2024, he's not going anywhere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    God, we don't need another Grover Cleveland.

My big prediction is Junior will run in 2024 b/c he has to do everything his father does since he has his name.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    It's critical Dems have control of Senate or it will be a very tough time for Biden to pass things. I fear that Trump or Jr or Ivanka will run in 2024 and they already have their tagline: "Make America Great Again" .

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    if he loses, he's got a lot of lawsuits breathing down his neck. Not to mention Death itself is sitting there watching his blood pressure and thinking happy thoughts at the same time.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    On the other hand, he does like to walk away from failed businesses, I suspect that he'll do something like a "news network" or some other crap, so he will be around, but the presidency is over for him (if he officially loses 2020 of course)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Weren’t you already ran off this board once already for being a giant piece of shit?
    Tony, you're projecting.

Allegro's never even been close to being banned.

You, on the other hand, have received a lot of private messages in the past about your behavior on here.

This is a public warning. I think you've had those too. Re-read what you wrote in these past few messages. Consider that it might be you who are being a giant bag of shit.

Take a break. You can do better. If you don't take a break, I'll use my Powerful Super Admin Powers to put you in timeout.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Probably nothing but, iirc tomorrow would mark the same number of days from Trump's initial COVID diagnosis as there were between Herman Cain's positive test and his death.
    subposting to no one in particular: you bite the hand that feeds you? bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off.
    Last edited by allegate; 11-05-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Defense Secretary Esper just resigned. So that’s just great.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Trump is going to speak at 6.30 Eastern. Let's see what crazy bullshit he spouts this time.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Trump is going to speak at 6.30 Eastern. Let's see what crazy bullshit he spouts this time.
    As long as he's not firing the nukes at Biden's house, it's just a death rattle.....

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

yeah, it's like totally a mystery.
    Last edited by allegate; 11-05-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Hey, yo, everybody:
    I think Captain Asshole is gonna come out and spew more lunacy soon, live and in person.

You don't wanna miss this one.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    W
    T
    F

Nothing he is saying is true. Nothing. He’s lying about everything. No signature verification, everything, it’s just all horrible propaganda. This man is a FASCIST. A lot of these states he’s bitching about are Republican. He’s just a sore loser.

These votes are counted were mailed BEFORE Election Day.

This man STOLE the 2016 election and he only likes electronic voting because he can rig the voting machines (like in FLORIDA and TEXAS).

He told his voters not to vote by mail, they listened to him. He’s smearing POC, poll workers, American voters, everyone who didn’t vote for him.

This man is a very very dangerous fascist.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-05-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    W
    t
    f

Nothing he is saying is true. Nothing.
    him talking about the pipe bursting in georgia is interesting. all the righties around here think that pipe bursting means they brought in fraudulent ballots somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Ugh.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    LOL @ “They’re counting ballots that came in envelopes with no addresses or postage.”

Nothing he’s said is true. I couldn’t keep watching it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    W
    T
    F

Nothing he is saying is true. Nothing. He’s lying about everything. No signature verification, everything, it’s just all horrible propaganda. This man is a FASCIST. A lot of these states he’s bitching about are Republican. He’s just a sore loser.

These votes are counted were mailed BRFORE Election Day.
    Yeah, but he has a script, so it's not as exciting as it could be.

I want him to go off script, so it's crazier, lol.

So, hey. He's pissed that the mail in ballots are blue, but didn't he kind of TELL HIS SUPPORTERS to like, NOT vote by mail?

That was damn near a concession speech, though: concession to defeat by conspiracy. I think he knows he's fucked.

He's totally shifted gears, to damage control.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But this was Mussolini territory, though.

He didn’t win, so declare this entire election a farce. With zero evidence.

Yet, ODDLY ENOUGH, EVERYONE ELSE’S Republican election went GREAT!

no no, pay no attention to THAT oddity.

Only listen to Trump, and be prepared to fight to the death for him.

He is undermining democracy.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "(...) and we see him, like an obese turtle on his back flailing in the hot sun, realizing his time is over (...)"

Oh Anderson, stop teasing me like this; you sexy, sexy bespectacled anchorman.