Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    wow...what's the source of this audio? is this recent?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Dunno. But Mary Trump, his niece, confirms in her book that Maryanne thinks that about Donald. And worse.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    WaPo has more of it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    a calculated release, right before the RNC where his family will be praising him lol

I don't expect this to sway many people who were already planning to vote for him, but it's always good to hear those close to him confirm the fact that he's a terrible human being.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    That’s the problem; nothing will sway people... and to be fair, NOTHING is going to convince me to vote for Trump. I have to be fair there - my mind is made up. Joe Biden would have to do something so crazy, creative, and personally devastating to my world view to make me even consider not voting for him.

So to be fair, I get it. Nothing is gonna change their minds. I think that’s more or less where we are all at. I wish we could just vote NOW and settle this shit. Like, how many bigot white supremacist asshole ARE there, REALLY, in this country?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    if we vote now and it takes "months" for the votes to be counted, Trump can have his wish and we'll know in November if his ass is out of there!!

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I'm going to mail in a ballot as early as I can, which should be pretty soon. If it isn't counted, oh well, I live in California, and if this state goes red, you know something fucked up just happened. I'm such a foregone conclusion, that if it goes any way other than the way I want it to go, it's absolute proof there's some crazy fraud going on. So, my state is blue, my vote doesn't matter, and yay!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i’m doing early voting. no one is there in the beginning week. i think it’s my best shot.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    one thing that terrified me, again, and brought me again to the realization of how just fucking, bat shit crazy, "this can't happen here," all of this is, was trump talking about sending sheriffs and police and shit, as in, militant style, to polling places.

That's voter intimidation of the HIGHEST fucking degree. This is third world country dictator takeover type shit.

When i was a kid, we would argue about who got to be the USA on video games. It's never been perfect, but it used to mean a LOT to me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    every time I see a truck with one (or two, they are getting bigger) American flags strapped to it I feel the same thing.

the flag shouldn't be fetishized like this.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    It’s interesting to me that, now, whenever I see someone wearing an American flag, I assume they’re a racist who thinks women belong in the home. This isn’t a sudden thing, it’s been gradual. But the process is definitely complete. When I see someone wearing the flag of my country I assume that they’re a person with whom I have nothing in common.
    Could not agree with this statement enough....

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesquipedalism View Post
    It’s interesting to me that, now, whenever I see someone wearing an American flag, I assume they’re a racist who thinks women belong in the home. This isn’t a sudden thing, it’s been gradual. But the process is definitely complete. When I see someone wearing the flag of my country I assume that they’re a person with whom I have nothing in common.
    It's pretty crazy right?

Still, the rejection of the flag as a symbolic gesture isn't a new thing. Burning it, turning it upside down...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    every time I see a truck with one (or two, they are getting bigger) American flags strapped to it I feel the same thing.

the flag shouldn't be fetishized like this.
    There is someone in my neighborhood who drives a jacked-up pick-up truck with full-sized American, Gadsden ("Don't Tread on Me"), and TRUMP 2020 flags flying on flagpoles on the back of it. I have never seen the driver of it, but I am terrified of the driver. I worry that I am going to someday run afoul of him and he'll either follow me home, or pull out a gun and threaten me.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm going to mail in a ballot as early as I can, which should be pretty soon. If it isn't counted, oh well, I live in California, and if this state goes red, you know something fucked up just happened. I'm such a foregone conclusion, that if it goes any way other than the way I want it to go, it's absolute proof there's some crazy fraud going on. So, my state is blue, my vote doesn't matter, and yay!
    Or maybe use a drop-box for your mail-in ballot?. See also.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Kellyanne Conway on her way out by the end of the month... wasn’t she a planned speaker at the RNC?

edit... yup, she was scheduled to speak Tuesday. Maybe she still will. If we need to make it a little more awkward, her husband can join her on stage.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-24-2020 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Kellyanne Conway on her way out by the end of the month... wasn’t she a planned speaker at the RNC?

edit... yup, she was scheduled to speak Tuesday. Maybe she still will. If we need to make it a little more awkward, her husband can join her on stage.
    George quit the Lincoln Project, too.

Their 15-yr-old daughter, Claudia, had been totally melting down on Twitter. It was all pretty awful. They all quit Twitter.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I can only imagine Trump will bring in someone even WORSE to replace her.

Claudia Conway is seeking emancipation. she has been posting all summer that she's a proud liberal and calling her mom out on things like BLM. even though she took a break from Twitter, she posted on TikTok last night.
    Last edited by versusreality; 08-24-2020 at 04:57 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The kid lives in an $8 million dollar 15,000-square-foot mansion.

I don’t think she fully understands what emancipation really means, and that it would put her out on her own, literally. In a pandemic, which a judge is not likely to grant right now.

Kellyanne Conway isn’t even doing anything at the White House.

Stephen Miller and Jared Kushner are the masterminds. KAC was probably going to be let go ages ago but Trump hates George Conway and kept KAC just to piss off George.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-24-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Some of my favorites -

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Miller and Kushner are evil vampires. Kushner has a lot of hate here in the local community in NJ because of some hyper approaches to gentrification with his development company. It's awful- I despise him.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The Conways should have put their phones down and Kellyanne should have done this ages ago. Her daughter started showing signs of trouble long ago, per the daughter. But fame and money were more important.

Look, it’s one thing if you have a mom like mine or @Sesquipedalism - working moms putting in 12-14 hours per day just to feed the kids.

But with no mom or dad to the kids so you can have materialistic goods and fame? Well, the kid just handed them their asses on why that don’t always work out so well. Kids aren’t accessories. They require attention. The kid said she was “best friends” with her mom, despite the differences. All of this is clearly a cry for help from the kid.

I wasn’t even following the kid; I’d blocked her, because I felt it was highly inappropriate for someone my age to be following a kid her age who’d been banned from Twitter use by her parents due to her high exposure level and the dangerous aspects. But it ended up in my feed, anyway. Along with the reprehensible #runclaudiarun.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-24-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Trump hasn’t said anything yet about Putin’s opposition being poisoned? No? Really? Hmmmmm ...

Followed this over the weekend, was amazing they were able to get him out and airlifted to Berlin. Praying for his recovery.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Did he even say anything about his brother dying?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    There is someone in my neighborhood who drives a jacked-up pick-up truck with full-sized American, Gadsden ("Don't Tread on Me"), and TRUMP 2020 flags flying on flagpoles on the back of it. I have never seen the driver of it, but I am terrified of the driver. I worry that I am going to someday run afoul of him and he'll either follow me home, or pull out a gun and threaten me.
    They are just as scared as you are. Guarantee they own a union jack that they're weary of flying. Bonus guarantee if it's an F-250.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Did he even say anything about his brother dying?

yes, and it was a typically rambling Trump statement/phone call to Fox & Friends: https://factba.se/transcript/donald-...august-17-2020

(side note, that's an interesting site vis-à-vis layout and the information it provides.)

Someone else wrote this for him: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...-robert-trump/

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I wasn’t even following the kid; I’d blocked her, because I felt it was highly inappropriate for someone my age to be following a kid her age who’d been banned from Twitter use by her parents due to her high exposure level and the dangerous aspects. But it ended up in my feed, anyway. Along with the reprehensible #runclaudiarun.
    Everything is horrible now... good luck avoiding it.

This isn't verbatim, but had an argument with someone recently where they asserted that "it doesn't matter how you feel about anything, it doesn't matter what you think is right or wrong. If you care about that, you're going to lose. Unless your primary goal is winning, you are going to lose in politics." This person also felt that it was great that the democrats were so easily distracted by moral bitching, and that Republicans were smart enough to not do things like throw Al Franken under the bus. It was all about a strategic thing, like a board game. It was like I was talking to this fucking person like "what's the best strategy to win in Monopoly?"

He literally spelled it out: We laugh at you while you march and parade and do stuff that you think impacts the system. We just laugh and laugh and then the vote overturns the popular one because the system's stupid enough to be exploited by a numbers game... and then the president can do whatever he wants because our checks and balances are a gentleman's agreement.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    yes, and it was a typically rambling Trump statement/phone call to Fox & Friends: https://factba.se/transcript/donald-...august-17-2020

(side note, that's an interesting site vis-à-vis layout and the information it provides.)

Someone else wrote this for him: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...-robert-trump/
    Side note: His brother's funeral was held in the East Room of the White House because "I think he'd be greatly honored. He loves our country. He loved our country so much...."