Thread: Trump 2020-21 - Epilogue

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Presented without comment:

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.33.02 AM.png

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I just snorted in my office.

Jesus wept...these people are the dumbest motherfuckers.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "Man posed as Trump's family steals thousands from supporters arrested"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-say-n1270089

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    "Man posed as Trump's family steals thousands from supporters arrested"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...s-say-n1270089
    What's most infuriating about this story... actually, I don't know what the "most" obnoxious part of this is....

Is it that: The scam "gay voices for Trump" generated money?
    Is it that: Now that this guy was caught trying to scam people, he's still not giving up the ghost and is still claiming he's gay for Trump, or at least bi
    Is it that: Nobody covering this is talking about how this is just one of tons of scams to extort money from moronic Trump supporters
    Is it that: Trump himself (along with his campaign) pulled this scam off way more effectively?
    Is it that: This guy who is barely old enough to buy a beer just thought he was going to actually get away with this? Dude, you are a stupid person. In order to pull off a grifter scheme like Trump has pulled off his whole life, you don't start off broke. You need a team of lawyers. You need people smarter than you in the room who know that your best interests benefit them. You need what you don't have. So yeah, you'll go to fucking jail, and Trump never will. Goddamn it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Trump Organization CFO surrenders ahead of today's expected charges. Let's see what comes out today!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    In the words of Winnie the Pooh, "Oh, bother...."

Trump Sues Facebook, Google, Twitter over censorship

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/07/trum...rg-pichai.html

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I'm actually more interested in the leak than the information. I mean, the information is "duh" to the highest order but that someone in Putin's chain leaked something? Is this the beginning of his end? Or - more likely - is this a calculated leak from him to discredit Trump further? No longer a viable asset so burn him?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'd say that his destabilizing influence over the GOP and his deluded hysterical fanbase is still a clear asset to Russian interests.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Or - more likely - is this a calculated leak from him to discredit Trump further? No longer a viable asset so burn him?
    Yes.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-19-2021 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leidalinck View Post
    And those who are afraid of reprisal come to power with their minorities like Floyd and all the rest.
    Floyd as in George Floyd? If so, that's an incredibly fucked up thing to say.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Floyd as in George Floyd? If so, that's an incredibly fucked up thing to say.

Probably because a troll farm wrote it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Probably because a troll farm wrote it.
    use that report button yo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    This sentence is specific to this one guy, because he pleaded guilty right away and didn't commit any violence.

The judge said: "Hodgkins did some very bad things that day and caused some real damage to this country, but I don't consider him to be a threat or see him as an evil person. This is a very bad episode in his life and a very bad episode in this country ... some sentences will be far higher, and some will be far lower. This is what I believe is a fair sentence."

The article says: "In addition to prison, Hodgkins was ordered to pay $2,000 to repair damage to the Capitol."

Yes, as pointed out on Twitter, in comparison to the black woman who made a mistake and voted while still on probation for a felony because she didn't know she wasn't allowed to do that and was sentenced to 5 years in prison, this does show how racism works in this country.

I'm currently reading this book.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-19-2021 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    considering that Trump is now (and likely will remain) the only US president to be impeached twice, you'd think he'd want to avoid talking about "trying to impeach the son of a bitch." You'd figure he'd have at least enough self awareness to stay away from that topic.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the flip side of that is he thinks "hey it happened to me twice so it must be pretty easy" and wants his revenge.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    the flip side of that is he thinks "hey it happened to me twice so it must be pretty easy" and wants his revenge.
    that and he's just so accustomed to getting his way by just insisting he get it... and all he wants now is to not go down in history as the worst president of all time, and despite his protestations, self-adoration, and bullshit, he knows he's being considered for the accolade.

And he thinks if only we can impeach Joe Biden twice, then maybe he'll break even at least.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I don't think it's going to work out too well for him.

Especially when the Dems suddenly grow a pair?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    ^^ Thank god

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The testimony today made me want to cry.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    and yet republicans are saying it's "political theater" and they are "crisis actors"

I thought they blacked the blue? of course, I'm being sarcastic. they don't give a fuck about them if the blue is speaking out.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    and yet republicans are saying it's "political theater" and they are "crisis actors"

I thought they blacked the blue? of course, I'm being sarcastic. they don't give a fuck about them if the blue is speaking out.
    Blue lives only matter if those lives are acting as foot soldiers for their agenda.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Not sure any other current events reveal the actual state of the Republican party as well as these hearings.

The party that adopted Back the Blue as both rallying cry and badge of honor will do everything within its power to sabotage an investigation into an act of violence against police officers, if the circumstances mean that supporting them is no longer politically convenient.

The party that decries purity tests and accuses opponents of being held hostage by extremists will reject and despise its own members, if they don't support an effort to memory hole and minimize violent acts taken by its own extremists.

The party that fetishizes the physical imagery of American democracy and spent half of last year arguing that when the left is done pulling down statues of Nathan Bedford Forrest, George Washington is probably next...couldn't really give a shit that a crowd trashed the Capitol building while an election was being certified.

On each of the above topics....police support, opposition to political purity tests, enshrinement of American iconography....the party and its media supporters have produced rational, reasonable arguments. And yet in each instance, the response to January 6 seems to demonstrate that those arguments were cynically appropriated in order to provide a talking point against perceived political opponents, rather than coming from an intrinsic and lasting belief. They were each, in their way, disposable. Without cost or care.

This comes back to a question yesterday, too, I'm sad to say:
    I wonder if Trump had been reelected would the vaccination rates be higher?
    At the heart of this question is a quiet recognition that broad swaths of the worldview are currently determined by whether or not believing a thing is true means believing the libs are wrong and/or evil. We're all left to wonder: would millions of thinking adults take a life-saving vaccine only if they felt the vaccine had come from "their" political side? Or is there literally no issue whose fate isn't capable of being re-positioned daily on that lone, guiding fulcrum of hatred for libs?
    something I pulled from elsewhere.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    There are Trump people on Twitter saying they don't believe any of that "until they see the body cam footage."

So, they trust police only when it suits their own narrative; otherwise, police are liars or deserve a "performance award."

Last edited by allegro; 07-28-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    totally honest: I haven't watched a single bit of this because A) I already know what happened and B) I don't need to be that angry all over again. Even reading that is like one step from joining a Mad Max style caravan to New York.

Also don't Google 'fox hq' on a work computer. fingers crossed that IT was looking the other way just now.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post

I really hate the Republican party.